Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Heroid View Post
    This thread is the perfect example of how contrived and convoluted the Marvel U. has become. I mean, can anybody say with any surety what has and has not happened in Peter Parker's life after the OMD storyline? Marvel needs a reboot bad. Then, if they want to make Peter Parker black/hispanic, that's cool. If they want to make Nick Fury Samuel L. Jackson, that's cool. If they want to make Captain America gay, that would be cool too. But it needs to make sense and it needs to be consistent. When you can't tell who is who and when was when without graphs and intricately annotated flow charts, then your "continuity" is borked and needs to be cast aside. Either that or just cast continuity aside and let each title and/or corner of the Marvel U. stand on it's own without being interconnected to the rest (which I would be fine with too). But until they fix it (and get rid of their "architects" and change their editorial team) I'm not making mine Marvel.
    amen brother.

Seriously that's why I was such a fan of the Ultimates Universe, I mean Ultimate Spidey is a friggin masterpiece in regards to continuity and story telling, especially if you read it in it's entirety, I did it within a month. Why of why couldn't they have kept it going with the rest of the line?

Why couldn't they give Ultimate Marvel a much-needed push and just promote THAT Nick Fury?
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

This thread is the perfect example of how contrived and convoluted the Marvel U. has become. I mean, can anybody say with any surety what has and has not happened in Peter Parker's life after the OMD storyline? Marvel needs a reboot bad. Then, if they want to make Peter Parker black/hispanic, that's cool. If they want to make Nick Fury Samuel L. Jackson, that's cool. If they want to make Captain America gay, that would be cool too. But it needs to make sense and it needs to be consistent. When you can't tell who is who and when was when without graphs and intricately annotated flow charts, then your "continuity" is borked and needs to be cast aside. Either that or just cast continuity aside and let each title and/or corner of the Marvel U. stand on it's own without being interconnected to the rest (which I would be fine with too). But until they fix it (and get rid of their "architects" and change their editorial team) I'm not making mine Marvel.
    This is about the only thing that Marvel could ever do to get me as a reader of their 616 universe again. And if they ever do finally wise up and relaunch everything at zero, the X-Men should be cut off and exist in its own universe. The very idea that anyone could be born with super powers makes guys that get them in pseudo science accidents less special. Plus the eventual conclusion of mutation, that humans will eventually be extinct, kinda makes it difficult to let the series develop too far beyond the starting gate. Morrison's run on New X-Men took it to that conclusion almost, and the ending of that story was on a scale that should have involved every book in the 616 universe due to its scope, but was conspicuously absent from the pages of everything that wasn't New X-Men (even including other X-books at the time).
    Writers before artists.
    Artists before concepts.
    Concepts before characters.

This thread is the perfect example of how contrived and convoluted the Marvel U. has become.
    No it hasn't

Marvel needs a reboot bad.
    No they don't and they seem to be doing just fine which seems to make some folks complain a whole lot

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    This is about the only thing that Marvel could ever do to get me as a reader of their 616 universe again. And if they ever do finally wise up and relaunch everything at zero, the X-Men should be cut off and exist in its own universe. The very idea that anyone could be born with super powers makes guys that get them in pseudo science accidents less special. Plus the eventual conclusion of mutation, that humans will eventually be extinct, kinda makes it difficult to let the series develop too far beyond the starting gate. Morrison's run on New X-Men took it to that conclusion almost, and the ending of that story was on a scale that should have involved every book in the 616 universe due to its scope, but was conspicuously absent from the pages of everything that wasn't New X-Men (even including other X-books at the time).

I never thought about people being born with powers mucking everything up, but that's a great point. Yeah I consider New X-Men as a mini-series because you would have thought that all that had transpired would have shook the Marvel Universe, instead they retconned everything.

Oh and I guess that is what FOX is trying to do with their film franchise with Miller as the idea man.
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 02-04-2013 at 05:21 AM.