Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    ... I don't think it spoils any DOTF details at all, other than to confirm neither Jason nor the Joker die, which is hardly a spoiler at all.
    Not that I think Jason dies, but how does this confirm that he doesn't? I guess it confirms that about half of his mask survives...but (apparently) in the Joker's keeping.
    Last edited by slvn; 02-02-2013 at 06:48 AM.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Superficial similarities. I could say the same thing about Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne. Superboy and Hulk. Grifter and Gambit. Wonder Woman and Ms Marvel.
    If you want to find similarities, there are tons of ways to find it. They come from completely different back stories. Jason have a very morbid take on life while Deadpool is violent but is a very jovial character. Jason don't crack jokes, Roy is the humorous one in the team. Deadpool uses a katana regularly, while Jason hardly uses it. Jason is mentally stable, Deadpool isn't always. Jason is motivated by the need to make the world a better place by killing if he has to, Deadpool is a mercenary. Jason never break the fourth wall the way Deadpool does, Roy would be more likely to do that.
    So no, The only similarities would be they are both anti heroes, wears masks and uses guns. Which I could say that about tons of other characters, grifter, deadshot, deathstroke, punisher (without mask), cable and more.
    Superficial similarities are still similarities, and quite frankly comic book characters are often portrayed superficially. So...

And i never said u couldn't say the same thing about Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne, and ect. U could, and people do. Many characters do overlap. I know they have different back stories, and different motivations, and that they are different characters, but that doesn't mean similarities are not there. And u could say that about tons of other characters, when i first said they were making Jason more like a less insane, pretty looking Deapool, i meant that they were making Jason into a more generic shoot um up type character. Characters like Deadpool, Grifter, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Punisher, Cable, and more. A character type that was big in the 90's. Not that all those characters are generic.

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick77 View Post
    Also, how may Bat characters are we going to have with their faces torn off, burned, or horribly disfigured? Hush, Two-Face, Joker... I feel like there's more.
    Could be the entire Bat family...
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-02-2013 at 10:12 AM.

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sidekick77 View Post
    Also, how may Bat characters are we going to have with their faces torn off, burned, or horribly disfigured? Hush, Two-Face, Joker... I feel like there's more.
    Yeppers, I'm starting to be glad Cass and Steph are sitting out this dark arc. Poor Jason just can't catch a break can he?

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    Not that I think Jason dies, but how does this confirm that he doesn't? I guess it confirms that about half of his mask survives...but (apparently) in the Joker's keeping.
    Fair enough, it doesn't confirm he's alive, but it also doesn't suggest that he's dead either.

I won't be coming back here to find out anyway, because i really don't care about about current Batman events and continuity, i was just amused by the usual Bleeding Cool sensationalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    With this I think that the cover of RHATO #19 is probably more simbolic than real...

BANNED

I believe it's not as symbolic as we hope. The Joker was painting a chemical into Jason's mask that becomes acidic when it mixes with his sweat. You can see the acid bubbles on the right side of the helmet.

I did a quick crap color up to see how the two versions compare. I believe it is Jason's face and not the Joker's because the colorist chose to put a white glow line around the edges of Red Hood. This was done so that Jason's black hair(bluish gray tint) would not blend in with the background, which is also cold colors. If I were coloring the Joker with his green hair, I would have used a warmer background or less saturated blue tones. But that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post
    I believe it's not as symbolic as we hope. The Joker was painting a chemical into Jason's mask that becomes acidic when it mixes with his sweat. You can see the acid bubbles on the right side of the helmet.

I did a quick crap color up to see how the two versions compare. I believe it is Jason's face and not the Joker's because the colorist chose to put a white glow line around the edges of Red Hood. This was done so that Jason's black hair(bluish gray tint) would not blend in with the background, which is also cold colors. If I were coloring the Joker with his green hair, I would have used a warmer background or less saturated blue tones. But that's me.

Interesting. That's what I was thinking too. The joker put some type of chemical in his helmet. It's sad that Jason is getting maimed in a batman story arc, again. But it is going to be interesting to see what it will happen like. I like your color scheme theory. But is it just me or does that hair look more like joker's hair instead of Jason's? Oh well I guess we'll have to wait and see. It makes sense though. RhATO#16 was the only final Death of the family issue that didn't have the same ending, with the sliver dinner plate covered with blood.
    Last edited by Barry Allen123; 02-02-2013 at 10:50 AM.

I Kick Crime in the Balls The Greatest Hero's Avatar

Wow, that is freakishly awesome looking.

I really doubt it's what he'll actually look like though. This doesn't really seem like something they'd do to Jason. I mean, we've got Two-Face-great, than Joker did the same to his face-not great, now again to Jason?-no way.

It's just great art. I'll be picking it up, and I hope the interiors match the covers.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSimonHurt View Post

Great job with the pictures. I really hope it's not Jason , but if its handle right I'm good
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Well obviously something is going to happen to Jason otherwise the scene in RHTO with Joker doodling with the mask makes no sense. It might not look exactly as the cover depicts, and in that regard it could be symbolic to make him look like faceless Joker. It could be that the mask is permanently glued on and can't be removed without taking Jason's whole face with it.

I definitely believe that something will happen to Jason, most probably to his face, but I'm in the camp of the people who believes that this cover is more symbolic than literal. Those don't look like scars or a face melted by acid, it looks like the skin was cut clean.

i think it would be hilarious if some of these WTF covers were just dreams and people got upset over nothing

What if on the platter is the Joker's head and Jason was putting on the Joker's face?

okay, first post. sorry if waxing poetic.

Maybe it's less about what the joker did than how Jason reacts to it. let's suppose for a moment that Joker put something in the helmet that scars jason the same way the Ace chemicals scarred him. thus, we once more come down to a Red Hood, facial disfigurement; and a mirror.

the question might be, does jason's reflection in the mirror break him like it did the Joker, or does he rise above it; and perhaps finally find a path not dominated by the Bats or Joker?

If the Joker does takes Jason's face I hope it isn't a permanent look for the character. In a world with magic and alien tech it shouldn't be too difficult to restore his face. I know we have face transplants in the real world but they don't usually turn out that well. I don't think Jason should be a disfigured anti hero psycho.