Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

So Jasons face will be on the serving tray. Theres gotta be more to the finale than that. Two trays at the end of teen titans. Alfreds eyea perhaps and jasons face. That would piss off bruce

BANNED

A guy on Bleeding Cool speculates that it's not Joker, but Alfred infected with some Joker venom and wearing Joker's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Ferro View Post
    Again bleedingcool is spoiling stuff for DC comics but yet when it comes to spoiling stuff for Marvel comics Rich will not "run the story."
    There's a difference between rumours and one of the artists posting the covers on the internet.

You may recall I did run the full reveals of The Worthy on Bleeding Cool. Why? Because the artist had posted them on the internet.

I'll usually redact spoilers. But not when one of the actual creators is publicly doing the spoiling. Then I'll treat that like a press release. You know, with spoiler warnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    A guy on Bleeding Cool speculates that it's not Joker, but Alfred infected with some Joker venom and wearing Joker's face.
    Which could be very interesting if pulled off right. I was dissapointed by the ending to the Court of Owls so I hope this time Snyder delivers something more.

I don't see what the debate is here look at the skin under the hairline, the hairstyle and, more tellingly, the expression in the eyes. That's the Joker, minus his flesh face and wearing Jason's red hood. The question is whether it's a symbolic expression or a literal one. Personally, i think it's literal and all it really illustrates is that in this particular issue, the Joker appears disguised as Jason. I don't think it spoils any DOTF details at all, other than to confirm neither Jason nor the Joker die, which is hardly a spoiler at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AJM View Post
    I don't see what the debate is here – look at the skin under the hairline, the hairstyle and, more tellingly, the expression in the eyes. That's the Joker, minus his flesh face and wearing Jason's red hood. The question is whether it's a symbolic expression or a literal one. Personally, i think it's literal and all it really illustrates is that in this particular issue, the Joker appears disguised as Jason. I don't think it spoils any DOTF details at all, other than to confirm neither Jason nor the Joker die, which is hardly a spoiler at all.
    Looks like the Joker to me too.
    I like swords.

Quote Originally Posted by R0NIN View Post
    Looks like the Joker to me too.
    Yeah, that is what I thought until I heard people complaining. There could be a reason for that though -- if Todd turned bad again. Maybe he was influenced by the Joker as a mentor.
    Look at Starfire's hair -- which is orange -- there is much more light reflecting off of it. For that reason, I think his hair is black and not green. I think if he had green hair, there would be more light in it.

I really don't think Alfred is going to be hurt. It is too obvious for the Joker to do that. He likes to tease by making you think he is going to do one thing and then he does something completely different. That unpredictability is why he is Batman's biggest foe. If he isn't written that way, then it is just WRONG.
    Last edited by doordoor123; 02-02-2013 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Both wear red masks, are snarky, crack jokes, and shoot guns. Im generalizing, but similarities are there.
    Superficial similarities. I could say the same thing about Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne. Superboy and Hulk. Grifter and Gambit. Wonder Woman and Ms Marvel.
    If you want to find similarities, there are tons of ways to find it. They come from completely different back stories. Jason have a very morbid take on life while Deadpool is violent but is a very jovial character. Jason don't crack jokes, Roy is the humorous one in the team. Deadpool uses a katana regularly, while Jason hardly uses it. Jason is mentally stable, Deadpool isn't always. Jason is motivated by the need to make the world a better place by killing if he has to, Deadpool is a mercenary. Jason never break the fourth wall the way Deadpool does, Roy would be more likely to do that.
    So no, they are not similar and calling them that shows a lack of knowledge on these 2 characters. The only similarities would be they are both anti heroes, wears masks and uses guns. Which I could say that about tons of other characters, grifter, deadshot, deathstroke, punisher (without mask), cable and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Yeah I don't know what they have in common besides a red mask.

I have to say though, as much as I prefer DC to Marvel, Deadpool feels like the more entertaining character. Hopefully Justin Jordan will prove otherwise.
    I would say Deadpool is definitely a more entertaining character than Deathstroke and I love how he evolved from just being a copycat. But yes, he started off a parody of deathstroke and its the truth that can't be changed.

It's Two Face or Joker. Tynion has done multiple interviews where he has said he wouldn't be grimdarking the book and realized it needs to be fun. Unless he's lying then I see no reason to believe that's Jason.

It's not Two-Face at all! You can see where the flesh has been cut under the hairline.

Seriously, folks, it's 100% Joker and if you're seeing anything else in that image then it's only in your mind. It's Joker wearing Jason's mask instead of his own severed face, and i can say that with confidence because that's actually what's in the picture.

This is just another case of Rich Johnston jumping to ridiculous conclusions without actually using his eyes or thinking about it.
    Last edited by AJM; 02-02-2013 at 05:23 AM.

I love how the internet can go from wild speculation of a book based on a shocking cover (Superior Spiderman 2), get proven wrong utterly, and go to jumping to wild conclusion about another cover 4 days later. History usually takes at least two weeks to repeat itself guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Eeeeeek! What the heck is going on?!

I'm going to be very practical about it and assume that the cover is merely depicting both Jason and Joker's face to represent their "face-off" in this arc.

That said, I would be extremely disappointed if they actually did de-face/maim Jason. Afterall this former Robin has withstood from the Joker, this would be the final cruelty, if not a derailment of all the progress Jason was making to move beyond DiTF. Wasn't that Lobdell's main point with this book? To give Jason a reason to live beyond those events and NOT be defined by them.

Also, how may Bat characters are we going to have with their faces torn off, burned, or horribly disfigured? Hush, Two-Face, Joker... I feel like there's more.
    Last edited by sidekick77; 02-02-2013 at 07:24 AM.