Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Full cover for RHATO 19 might spoil DOTF

Well, Bleeding Cool is reporting that earlier today Mico Suayan put to sale the pencils for the full cover for Red Hood 19. The full cover is pretty spoilerific so I better link the article:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/...family-at-all/

Jason....

I think it's just a "shocking" cover. Nightwing didn't get eaten by an ogre in issue 5 afterall.
    Last edited by Mac!; 02-01-2013 at 07:28 PM.

I like how Suayan's art has a Lee Bermejo real vibe going on. He's on interiors also, right?

And yeah. Poor baby. spoilers:
    Joker might be going down Hannibal Lecter route, no? Wouldn't surprise me, considering Snyder and his love for pathos.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

What is that supposed to spoil? Isn't that just a cover, or is Harvey Dent becoming Red Hood?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    What is that supposed to spoil? Isn't that just a cover, or is Harvey Dent becoming Red Hood?
    At the end of RHATO 16 we saw the Joker tampering with one of Jason's helmets saying 'a face that just a mother could love'

spoilers:
    The implication being that Joker maims Jason's face turning into that, giving us the first casuality of Death of the Family
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 02-01-2013 at 07:38 PM.

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Again bleedingcool is spoiling stuff for DC comics but yet when it comes to spoiling stuff for Marvel comics Rich will not "run the story."

Well it makes sense that Jason is the one to suffer in Death of the Family seeing as he was the victim in Death in the Family. man if this is true they are seriously trying to make Red Hood even more Deadpool like.

If every character has such a change from the events of this storyline I'll be intrigued

Thumbs up

It gives him a reason to keep his hood on. I'm fine with it for that reason. He is boring with his hood off -- dating LAME women.
    I wonder if Jason turns and sides with the Joker.

IF my theory is correct, Batman will forget who everyone is and lose the morals that kept him from using a gun. IF that is correct, then I think that Todd might be chasing Joker down (assuming Joker isn't dead or in prison)
    Last edited by doordoor123; 02-01-2013 at 08:11 PM.

Honestly, him being so disfigured sounds interesting. He would have a reason to be dark again, plus keeping the helmet on all the time is a plus, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is just a symbolic cover or something along those lines. If not his fangirls are going to be so upset, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Honestly, him being so disfigured sounds interesting. He would have a reason to be dark again, plus keeping the helmet on all the time is a plus, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is just a symbolic cover or something along those lines. If not his fangirls are going to be so upset, haha.
    I don't think it can be symbolic. The whole point of these WTF covers are to shock you with an aspect of the book.

Just a though, it is possible that is the Joker and no Jason there. The hair is reminicent of Joker's and the lesion looks pretty close to how I imagined faceless Joker.

Man I hope that Mico Suayan won't get into trouble, pencils for issue 20 cover are also up for sale
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 02-01-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by doordoor123 View Post
    I don't think it can be symbolic. The whole point of these WTF covers are to shock you with an aspect of the book.
    Well the thing that made me think it could be symbolic, or something like that such as it being the Joker, is that this cover takes place two issues after the climax in Batman 17. So unless they hide the fact something happened to his face until issue 19 I feel that we would have already found out before then and the impact of the cover is lessened. So maybe it meant something else to keep that surprise/impact, but I dunno.

The Alpha and The Omega Godlike13's Avatar

So does the Joker remove all their faces, or just Jason's? Have to be honest, i kind of like the idea of it maybe turning Jason back to the darkside, but can't say i like the idea of disfiguring all the member of the bat family.

Looks more like Two-face IMO,maybe it's just the beginning of a Two-face arc after all the cover of Batman the Dark Knight #9 also had Batman with sewn lips(Scarecrow).

Still I hope Jason doesn't get disfigured,especially not like that(seems like a Two-face ripoff),and if this turns out to be true, no more Bat books for me,I've had it with this non sense.