Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cage's Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I think Bendis point was that without Cage (Bendis own point of view/main character during his entire run. In a way, Bendis himself or, at least, his voice) there was no New Avengers. He's gone, the team is gone.

Peace
    It was his team even Tony and Cap referred to them as Cage's avengers. I would appreciate it if Hickman (and others) made an attempt to transition the teams cleaner. It would not take a lot of space.

Quote Originally Posted by celticguy View Post
    It was his team even Tony and Cap referred to them as Cage's avengers. I would appreciate it if Hickman (and others) made an attempt to transition the teams cleaner. It would not take a lot of space.
    No, I think we'd all rather forget it ever existed.

Seriously, though, maybe something will be mentioned in the new H4H series, if it ever becomes a reality.

Peace

Seriously, though, maybe something will be mentioned in the new H4H series, if it ever becomes a reality.

Peace
    I did think it was a nice shout out to Cage that when Cap saw the list Stark put together for the new team, the first thing Cap mentioned was he didn't see Cages name on the list.

Peace
    Even DD when he meets up with Spiderock refers to him as the Avenger he is closest too not even his former teammate. I enjoyed the NA less than some more than others but I like a different type of team.

Even DD when he meets up with Spiderock refers to him as the Avenger he is closest too not even his former teammate. I enjoyed the NA less than some more than others but I like a different type of team.
    I guess this is a reflection of what a lot of fans of classic Avengers used to complain about during Bendis run. The disconnection with/lack of acknowledgement of the past. Bendis Avengers largely ignored what had come before, as to not bog the all-important new readers with 30 something years of history. Hickman's Avengers seems to not delve to much into the past also (even though his NA is totally based on what Bendis did and what Hickman himself did in his FF run), as to not bog the all-important new reader with the eight years plus Bendis run (although Bendis trades continue to be the most marketed trades in the Marvel catalogue). All that seems to matter is the NOW! (hence, the promotional name). Honestly, I've always enjoyed my history, but that's just me.

Peace

Agreed. I thought I had missed an issue somewhere...

Makes it seem like the Avengers broke up with Danny, Matt and Ben and nobody told them. Do they keep their ID cards?

I just prefer a more seamless transition, rather than an abrupt "Black Widow and Hulk are on the team, duh!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eric2 View Post
    Makes it seem like the Avengers broke up with Danny, Matt and Ben and nobody told them. Do they keep their ID cards?
    i now have this image of them rocking up to work to find someone's changed the locks.

True Superior Spider-Man Kurolegacy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric2 View Post
    Agreed. I thought I had missed an issue somewhere...

I just prefer a more seamless transition, rather than an abrupt "Black Widow and Hulk are on the team, duh!"
    I'd imagine that those who were on the New Avengers who weren't recruited for the main Avengers team are in the same position as Falcon until recently where they're still Avengers and can be called on if needed, but aren't actively on a roster.
    Holding out for a Peter/Miles team up.