Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The curious one.

Default How many times has Wonder Woman and Catwoman fought?

The mention of their encounter in the JLU thread got me curious. I know that Diana wasn't involved with the league when they kidnapped and mind-altered Catwoman and I don't think they've met since. Earliest I know of them crossing paths is either Brave and the Bold 131, 1976. But I'm sure they met before that.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    The mention of their encounter in the JLU thread got me curious. I know that Diana wasn't involved with the league when they kidnapped and mind-altered Catwoman and I don't think they've met since. Earliest I know of them crossing paths is either Brave and the Bold 131, 1976. But I'm sure they met before that.
    I remember that the two tangled in an issue of DC Universe Adventures, an out of continuity book based on the animated universe.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

In current continuity I can't imagine a scenario where Selina, on her own, could last long enough for it to even be considered a fight.

BANNED

Hell, in any continuity. Unless Frank Miller writes some crap like The Feline Femme Returns and jobs Diana out to Selina.

During the mod Diana Prince era, issues 201-202 featured Catwoman as a guest star.
    We shall make war as we have lived our lives, as sisters of the bow. And our war shall be the war of Amazons against the race of men.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    In current continuity I can't imagine a scenario where Selina, on her own, could last long enough for it to even be considered a fight.
    Don't challenge a writer to insist otherwise. Remember in JLU when Wildcat would've wrecked Atomic Skull if not for Green Arrow's interference?

U dont need my user title brettc1's Avatar

Logically it would only happen once - for about four seconds.
    Irene Adler: “I would have you right here on this desk until you begged for mercy twice.”
    Sherlock: “I’ve never begged for mercy in my life.”
    Irene: “Twice.”

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Fan View Post
    During the mod Diana Prince era, issues 201-202 featured Catwoman as a guest star.
    Yep--
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Picture.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	108029

http://www.amazonarchives.com/ww201.htm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by slvn View Post
    That's what I was thinking, but would have had to retrieve the issues; I'm surprised that those issues were the first and last time the two faced off, apparently; however, didn't they face each other during Messner-Loebs' run? It's comics, so, to throw out a point thrown at me, Wonder Woman's defeat by Catwoman could happen, if the writer desired it to be so.
    Last edited by dshipp17; 02-01-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Unless Wonder Woman has lost her powers for the story, it seems like it would be hugely unfair. Also: have, not has.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    That's what I was thinking, but would have had to retrieve the issues; I'm surprised that those issues were the first and last time the two faced off, apparently; however, didn't they face each other during Messner-Loebs' run? It's comics, so, to throw out a point thrown at me, Wonder Woman's defeat by Catwoman could happen, if the writer desired it to be so.
    You mean while Diana was in her biker look and Poison Ivy was also involved?

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    You mean while Diana was in her biker look and Poison Ivy was also involved?
    That wasn't Catwoman. That was Poison Ivy, Cheetah, and Cheshire. WW v2 #95.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Well, Catwoman beat the Cheetah, and the Cheetah is supposed to be one of Wonder Woman's toughest foes, so it goes to show us that Catwoman would be a match for Wonder Woman.

And forget about the Batman--one punching Cheetah out--he way outclasses Diana

How is this even a fight? Diana back slaps Selina and we done.

But as Catwoman is a Batman supporting character, you bet they could pander and have her beat her. Like Batman can beat everyone last continuity.

I'm going to ignore the Cheetah thing since the Cheetah is faster and more powerful this time around as seen in JL. No way Selina could touch Cheetah this time around. But again Batman and his characters that's the factor. Mind you Johns have been writing Batman as the mature, experienced strategist but he has shown time and time again, he is under his weightclass among the metas in JL. Which is how it should be.

BANNED

Not always, Selina was getting creamed by Lady Shiva...before 'unknown support character' smashed a chair over her head before escaping with Selina.