BANNED

Default Ultimate Galactus Trilogy - Any good?

I keep hearing mixed things about this one. So what worked and what didn't? I usually love Warren Ellis's work. Should I bother getting it, or just get Hickman's Fantastic Four run instead?

Ehhhhh... I only have vague memories of it, but I remember it being kind of disappointing. I'd go with Hickman's stuff.

It is absolutely fantastic.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

BANNED

It's incredible. The perfect companion to The Ultimates 1 & 2.

It's absolutely one of the best stories the UU has to offer. Such an original take on a classic Marvel story and is truly what the Ultimate Universe is all about.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

It's awesome and it introduces my favorite UU character: Mahr Vehl. You should definitely check it out.
    Aquaman Aquaman and the Others Batman Batman and Robin Justice League Wonder Woman Star Trek Brilliant Black Science Manifest Destiny Morning Glories Saga Shutter The Wake

Quote Originally Posted by Sinx View Post
    It's awesome and it introduces my favorite UU character: Mahr Vehl. You should definitely check it out.
    Man I wish Mahr Vehl was around more often in the UU.

On the topic at hand, its a great trilogy.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

BANNED

Thanks.

Any build up worth reading first? I know Ultimates 1 and 2. What about Ellis's UFF?

I thought it was great. It was one of the best events Ultimate ever did, but I would still recommend Ultimate War first. The whole concept of Galactus in Ultimate was different and in some respects, it was too different. But it was still a solid story and if you liked Ultimates 1 and 2, you should definitely enjoy Ultimate Galactus.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Thanks.

Any build up worth reading first? I know Ultimates 1 and 2. What about Ellis's UFF?
    You don't have to read Ultimate Fantastic Four. All you have to know about the Fantastic Four is they are young and are still new to the whole hero thing. And Reed is pretty much the smartest person the Ultimate Universe. And the X-Men appear, but again like UFF you don't have to read any of the Ultimate X-Men issues before hand.

For me the Gah Lak Tus Trilogy felt more like a follow up to Ultimates 1 rather than an event book. Also the trilogy takes place before Ultimates 2. So in reading order read Ultimates 1, Gah Lak Tus, and then Ultimates 2.
    Pull: Avengers, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers, Captain America, Superior Spider-Man, Superior S.M.T.U, Ultimate Universe, Chew, Invincible, Batman & Smallville.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by atlasjj View Post
    You don't have to read Ultimate Fantastic Four. All you have to know about the Fantastic Four is they are young and are still new to the whole hero thing. And Reed is pretty much the smartest person the Ultimate Universe. And the X-Men appear, but again like UFF you don't have to read any of the Ultimate X-Men issues before hand.

For me the Gah Lak Tus Trilogy felt more like a follow up to Ultimates 1 rather than an event book. Also the trilogy takes place before Ultimates 2. So in reading order read Ultimates 1, Gah Lak Tus, and then Ultimates 2.
    Cool, thanks.

Is UFF worth bothering with then? I read the first volume, and the only thing I liked was the small bit Ellis did. I know he's the main writer after that, but I don't hear much acclaim from this book.

Since I'm on a budget, I'll just stick to reading the Hickman run instead.

I enjoyed all but like the last few issues of Ultimate FF. But Hickman's run on the main FF book is a lot better. Now if you are wanting to read the Ult. U from the start to up to date then I say read it, but if not then it can be skipped.

One of the best parts of the Ultimate Universe. As I always say: Ellis just GETS the Ultimate universe.
    "Predictable? If there were any more plot twists going on, we'd need M. Night Shyamalan to randomly appear at the end saying 'What a twist' before vanishing". - Kurolegacy on Ult X-Men #8.