View Poll Results: What was the Best Tie-In for Death of the Family

Voters
55. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Batgirl

12 21.82%
  • Batman & Robin

16 29.09%
  • Catwoman

0 0%
  • Detective Comics

9 16.36%
  • Nightwing

13 23.64%
  • Red Hood and the Outlaws

2 3.64%
  • Suicide Squad

1 1.82%
  • Teen Titans

2 3.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best Death of the Family Tie-In

Okay, all of the tie ins are over with now (exception for those aftermass issues this month, but still), let's reflect on them for a minute. What comic had the best tie in to the Death of the Family event and also, why did you like it?

Sure, maybe you didn't like the event or anything, but if you were force to decide, what would it be? Don't be shy, speak up!

My favorite tie in is Batman & Robin with Detective Comics an extremely close second. The only reason I didn't pick D.C. was because #15 didn't really have much to do with the event. #16 was great and went its own way with using the event, but it was only one issue. Batman & Robin won for because it had a great (and honestly porbably the best) confrontation with Joker, it had me on edge and completely engaged and the art was utterly amazing on it.

So, what about you guys, what did you think? Also, please try to keep it civil and not have this topic devolve into something else. This is completely about the tie ins and what's going on with them, not about the main title.

Maybe it would be worth it to count TT and RHATO as a single tie-in, don't you think?

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

Best to worst:

B&R
    'Tec
    Nightwing
    Batgirl

:huge drop:
    RH/TT
    Suicide Squad

Didn't read:
    Catwoman

Tough choice, I read the following:
    Batgirl
    Nightwing
    Suicide Squad
    Detective
    Batman and Robin (only read the first)

The only one of these that are on my regular pull list are Tec' and Nightwing. So here are my impressions:
    Batgirl: I enjoyed it, and I'm thinking I may add it to my pull list.
    Nightwing: Another one I enjoyed. It really made me suspicious that Joker truly knows who the family is, and seeing what the Joker did to the circus performers, is going to weigh heavily on Dick, and this made me curious to what Dick's plan will now be (but I think we knew the plan for Amusement Mile wouldn't work).
    Suicide Squad: A let down. It does make me wonder how this will affect Harley's future though, seeing as how Mistah J, is not the same in her eyes anymore. Also, what was that thing with his face getting stuck to the furnace? Wouldn't it be really hard to peel off without further damaging it?
    'Tec: I really don't think that these should have been in the "Death" tie in. They were fine books, but I really just don't consider them to be in the tie ins. The second issue to have those Joker based gangs, but seeing as how the Joker wasn't involved, I don't count 'em.
    B&R: Can't really say as I have yet to read both. But the first didn't yell greatness.

I'm going with Nightwing.

Nightwing, followed by Batman and Robin closely.

Batman & Robin.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Haven't read Nightwing, Red Hood and Teen Titans yet, but I can't imagine the'll be better than Batman and Robin. I'll reserve my vote until I read them all.

Unreasonably Opinionated Conway's Avatar

B&R followed very closely by 'Tec

King of the Dragons Mister Ferro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FHIZ View Post
    Nightwing, followed by Batman and Robin closely.
    Seconded.

Batgirl imho has to be the third best tie-in.
    Tec to me doesn't feel like a proper tie-in, but it still has been good.
    Red hood/Teen Titans to me is a mess. I don't like the crossover within the tie-in at all.

Liked both-tie ins

Nightwing
    Batgirl

Liked one tie-in but the other fell flat or had other problems

Batman and Robin- #15 liked #16 fell completely flat to me
    Red Hood and the Outlaws- #15 liked #16 didn't like that this was basically a Titans issue starring the Outlaws.
    Teen Titans- #15 liked it in places but overall was underwhelmed by it #16 Really enjoyed

I liked the idea of them combining the Jason and Tim part of the crossover but when they combined the TT and the Outlaws characters in the crossover I think it would have worked out better to put the combined team action into TT solely and let Jason and Tim's part in the crossover be in RHatO.

What the heck

'Tec- barely even qualifies as a part of this at all. Would have felt like I wasted my money on it if I wasn't already pulling it.

Didn't read

Suicide Squad
    Catwoman
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    I liked the idea of them combining the Jason and Tim part of the crossover but when they combined the TT and the Outlaws characters in the crossover I think it would have worked out better to put the combined team action into TT solely and let Jason and Tim's part in the crossover be in RHatO.
    I think it's really odd that they didn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    . . . 'Tec- barely even qualifies as a part of this at all. Would have felt like I wasted my money on it if I wasn't already pulling it.
    I can understand what you mean from the standpoint of someone buying it and expecting to get the Joker, but I've liked the fact that it doesn't deal with him directly. It's a case where the crazy events in other titles set in Gotham City are having an impact elsewhere throughout the city as well.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I think it's really odd that they didn't do that.
    It was certainly odd to me as well. It would have made more sense if it had been set up that way and I think the story might have flowed a bit better as well. I was annoyed that I was reading RHatO but got what amounted to a Titan's story there.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I can understand what you mean from the standpoint of someone buying it and expecting to get the Joker, but I've liked the fact that it doesn't deal with him directly. It's a case where the crazy events in other titles set in Gotham City are having an impact elsewhere throughout the city as well.
    I can understand that and I liked that aspect as well. I guess though for me it was more that I haven't really been enjoying Layman's 'Tec as much as some people obviously are. I expected something different from it based on what people were saying and I think all the hype has effected my enjoyment of it as a result.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Nightwing 16 was awesome but the Teen Titans/Outlaw team ups in TT and RH have been quite entertaining

BANNED

Robin was just phenomenal. Visually the best interpretation of the Joker I've seen in years and it was suitable creepy. I wouldn't maind this face gimmick so much as long as Gleason keeps on drawing it. More of a sequel to Must Die! but that's not a bad thing. Tomasi is hit and miss but this was one of his hits to be sure.

Tec was pretty great in showing how the Joker affects Gotham and I enjoyed it a lot. Hopefully Layman and Fabok stay on the title for a good long while.

Nightwing felt like one of the few tie ins which seems like it's going to have an effect on the book and Higgins went crazy on Dick's supporting cast. Pretty twisted shit but it suited the tone of the event. I usually don't like Barrows but enjoyed his work here quite a bit. I usually find this title bland but with this and the Owls tie in it seems like the most ironic thing happened to the title in that Dick only works when in Bruce's shadow.

Batgirl was pretty good until James Jr showed up in a physical presence. Got pretty dumb after that. Otherwise an enjoyable revenge tie in but they could have taken the Batgirl killing the Joker angle further.

I haven't read Teen Titans 16 yet but I found the previous issues in this crossoverception fun and enjoyed the team up but didn't fit the mood of the event and when it tried to in TT15 it failed completely (Tim's narration). I hated the whole "Joker controlled his life" angle and found annoying random cutaways to set up JT4's run annoying. I also didn't like haven't to pick up TT as the whole point of Snyder's organizing of this event was to make Batman the only essential read and the rest side stories.

Didn't read the rest.

Overall I think it's one of the best events of the New 52 (which isn't saying much) despite some clunkers of tie ins. Enjoyed most of them a great deal. Better than H'El on Earth.