Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Are you sitting down? Vibe is one of the hottest reordered titles.

I saw this on Bleeding Cool this morning and I couldn't help but smile and laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingCool.com
    Marvel dominates the top, middle and bottom of this advance reorder chart from Diamond Comic Distributors...
    But others make a good stab, including Nightwing, Saga, Star Trek, Vibe and Black Beetle.
    I don't think they're necessarily in numerical order. Maybe they are. (Does anyone here know that?) But for $#!ts and giggles, I counted and if it is in order, then Vibe is one of the Top 15 books being reordered.

Whatever number ranking the book eventually gets in sales, I think it's very impressive and very noteworthy that Vibe made the list of top reordered books alongside Nightwing, Saga, Star Trek and all the Marvel books. As a Vibe fan, I'll take that as a good omen.

It's more impressive given that the companion JLA book, Katana, so far hasn't made the list. Which saddens me given how poorly Sword Of Sorcery is doing, dang it.

Still, Go Vibe!!

EDIT: here's the link...
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/f...ompletely.html
    Last edited by Flashpoint; 02-01-2013 at 08:33 AM.

BANNED

I'm more worried about the quality of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I'm more worried about the quality of the book.
    Geoff Johns and Pete Woods FTW, dude.

Really looking forward to this. Big time.

No surprise readers want something different

will see how the first issue is

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    Geoff Johns and Pete Woods FTW, dude.

Really looking forward to this. Big time.
    I trust Johns and Woods (Most of the time at least).

Is the other guy on the credits who does'nt inspire me confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    No surprise readers want something different

will see how the first issue is
    I think the Vibe-as-dimensional-patrolman-for-Earth concept is going to end up being another one of Geoff Johns' hits in an almost unbroken string of DC successes. Flash, Hawkman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, now Vibe and Hawkman again in JLA--whatever DC is paying Geoff, it isn't nearly enough. He's a one man revitalization machine.

Geoff Johns is only doing the first issue right? I may give it a shot
    "My name is Blink. Who do you THINK is faster?"

Happy for the Vibe fans, but is it in the top 15 (potentially) because it's Vibe, Justice League of America's Vibe, or because it's a new #1?

We'll have to see how well the book is received, and the orders for issues 2, 3, 4, etc.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    Happy for the Vibe fans, but is it in the top 15 (potentially) because it's Vibe, Justice League of America's Vibe, or because it's a new #1?

We'll have to see how well the book is received, and the orders for issues 2, 3, 4, etc.
    FWIW, I would think the "it's a #1" orders would be covered in the original orders. These re-orders would be a reaction to people who waited till the last minute to express interest in the book to retailers.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

Oh heck yes!!! Really hoping for a long and successful run. When I saw Vibe was getting an ongoing and then Pete Woods. I started shaking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Namtab View Post
    It's most likely due to Johns and JLA's names on the cover.

Soon he'll make the cover of Vibe magazine, and we'll know he's arrived
    - "Choo kno what I means mang!"
    Last edited by Guicho; 02-01-2013 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I trust Johns and Woods (Most of the time at least).

Is the other guy on the credits who does'nt inspire me confidence.
    In all fairness, this is the exact same argument people made when CW announced Arrow was being produced by Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim. Now Kreisberg and Guggenheim are red hot thanks to Arrow, a show with good ratings and positive buzz from fans.

Fans need to keep that in mind: Wolfman was just a Marvel bullpen staple who hadn't done anything spectacular that set the world on fire. Then he did New Teen Titans. Who was Chris Claremont before the X-Men? Nobody. Keith Giffen was a C lister at best---until the Great Darkness Saga.

Creators whose work you are either indifferent toward or even dislike can surprise you. Kreisberg's career is enjoying a big resurgence thanks to the success of Arrow. Let's see if he can capitalize on it. Heck, I wrote Giffen off as dead in the water and completely over after his Ambush Bug debacle in the late 80s. He sure showed me.

Kudos to Kreisberg on a well-earned success with Arrow, a show I absolutely love week after week. I'm giving his work a 2nd look because of it and especially looking forward to Vibe. And dammit, it's nice to see good, solid early numbers for a Hispanic superhero. The comics industry needs more diversity in its product.

i am very excited for this, for obvious reasons

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flashpoint View Post
    In all fairness, this is the exact same argument people made when CW announced Arrow was being produced by Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim. Now Kreisberg and Guggenheim are red hot thanks to Arrow, a show with good ratings and positive buzz from fans.
    I'm enjoying Arrow (Being a show about my favorite character it should have to be atrocious for making me not enjoy it), but TV is different to comic books, some people can be good at producing shows but totally blow at writing comics.

Fans need to keep that in mind: Wolfman was just a Marvel bullpen staple who hadn't done anything spectacular that set the world on fire. Then he did New Teen Titans. Who was Chris Claremont before the X-Men? Nobody. Keith Giffen was a C lister at best---until the Great Darkness Saga.
    Don't, seriously don't try to use Marv Wolfman, Chris Claremont or Paul Levitz (I know you did'nt mention him but I will include him anyway) as examples of authors who just needed the right projects to be successful because to me, they belong to that terrible generation of writers who became popular only because they were paired with really talented artists who also helped them to write their best stories.

Giffen has always been awesome, I'll give you that.

Kudos to Kreisberg on a well-earned success with Arrow, a show I absolutely love week after week. I'm giving his work a 2nd look because of it and especially looking forward to Vibe. And dammit, it's nice to see good, solid early numbers for a Hispanic superhero. The comics industry needs more diversity in its product.
    I'm Hispanic myself and it's cool to see a Hispanic superhero comic being successul, although to be honest the race subject have never been a problem for me, I would enjoy any comic as long as it's good, no matter if it has the whitest, straightest male on the universe as a protagonist.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, it's what I always say. If the comic is good, cool, if not, well...