Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by blackphoenix View Post
    Cartoon Network isn't really saying why, but it's mostly because the toys based on the shows didn't sell well enough. Read more about it in this thread: http://forums.comicbookresources.com...on-in-the-Fall
    Which makes me respect Disney a little more. Yes the cancellation of EMH was harsh aswell but at least they made it clear that they want an Avengers series to follow as close to the movies as possible. Hence the Avengers Assembled poster. Meanwhile CN's hiding behind their reasoning with condescending responses and the ignore em and they'll stop asking approach.
    "It isn't jumping the shark if you never come back down." Chuck

They're probably cautious about doing a new Superman show until after Man of Steel comes out. Remember, they made this big multimedia push for Green Lantern as the next big thing (a live-action movie, toys, a cartoon, video games, DVD animated films) and it blew up in their faces when the movie bombed. Meanwhile Batman is coming off yet another hit film and he always puts butts in the seats so they're probably looking for a safe bet, at least for now.

And if you consider the merchandising issues the network supposedly had with Young Justice and GL, that's probably another reason why they went with Batman. Heck from what I understand Batman & Robin made more money in merchandising than it did at the box office.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    They're probably cautious about doing a new Superman show until after Man of Steel comes out. Remember, they made this big multimedia push for Green Lantern as the next big thing (a live-action movie, toys, a cartoon, video games, DVD animated films) and it blew up in their faces when the movie bombed. Meanwhile Batman is coming off yet another hit film and he always puts butts in the seats so they're probably looking for a safe bet, at least for now.

And if you consider the merchandising issues the network supposedly had with Young Justice and GL, that's probably another reason why they went with Batman. Heck from what I understand Batman & Robin made more money in merchandising than it did at the box office.
    I get why they're doing it but as one poster put it there will be a point that people will get sick of Batman if that's all they're going to promote. Unless if they do something completely different like maybe just have a Nightwing animated series or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Legato View Post
    At this point I'd rather they do another Superman series than a Batman one because at least with Superman there are so many story angles you can take with the character while with Batman it's the same old crap they've been giving us. The only two interesting takes on Batman I've seen were Batman: The Brave and The Bold and the Batman: Arkham Series and that was a video game. If theres anything I like about Marvel Animation it's that they're are at least bothering in providing some diversity. Either it's a Spider-Man series, an Avengers series, or a X-Men series, and sometimes a Fantastic Four series.
    I usually like Marvel cartoons but I feel Ultimate Spider-Man is a step back. Also the anime style Fantastic Four I thought was cool but too short and then Cartoon Network started to show episodes every other saturday which wasn't good lol. I would also prefer a new Superman cartoon and was thinking that after the Batman ended there would be a new one or at least Justice League since the ending kind of set it up, but I hope if DC makes a new one they take some stories from the Geoff Johns Action Comics run. Also I like how DC has made cartoons of lesser known heroes like Teen Titans, Legion of Super heroes, Static Shock, and live action, and movies like Steel, Joah Hex, and The Spirit.

As for Green Lantern blowing up in DC's face I didn't think the movie was all the bad just too much down time. Honestly what I think hurt it the most was too many people got upset beside John Stewart wasn't in it and assumed because he was in Justice League that he was the only Green Lantern. Then when he wasn't in the cartoon that probably didn't help and that animation wasn't the greatest either.

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post

As for Green Lantern blowing up in DC's face I didn't think the movie was all the bad just too much down time. Honestly what I think hurt it the most was too many people got upset beside John Stewart wasn't in it and assumed because he was in Justice League that he was the only Green Lantern. Then when he wasn't in the cartoon that probably didn't help and that animation wasn't the greatest either.
    I think what hurt GL was that it wasn't much of a Space Opera as they'd hope. That and the story and the special effects was pretty mediocre and the villain they had for the movie was uninspiring. From what I've seen from the trailers it wasn't enough to convince me to immediately want to see it in theaters and the buzz surrounding the movie was pretty bad.

BANNED

I really hope the next Superman cartoon is in the vein of Morrison's Action Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    I really hope the next Superman cartoon is in the vein of Morrison's Action Comics.
    That one honestly isn't as bad as most make it out to be. At least to me.

I may be alone in this but I kind of wish they had used John Stewart for the multimedia push. Lots of people already know him from the JLU and, as some one who hasn't read a Green Lantern comic on his life but has seen every episode and movie made out of a DC Character, he seems more interesting than Hal Jordan, or at the very least more badass.
    ...And does Mr. Goddanm Batman says so much as ''Thanks''? OF COURSE not. That'd hardly be GRIM AND GRITTY, would it?

The jerk...

-DKU's Jim Gordon.

I get why they're doing it but as one poster put it there will be a point that people will get sick of Batman if that's all they're going to promote. Unless if they do something completely different like maybe just have a Nightwing animated series or something.
    It's unfortunately a chicken or the egg sort of thing because while you noted, Marvel has a greater diversity of programming, that too is generally dictated by which of their properties is hot at the box office at that time. So we're getting another Avengers show to cash-in on the movie and a Hulk show because of his popularity in said movie, and Ultimate Spider-Man because of the Amazing Spider-Man movie.

Basically at this point I'm hoping Man of Steel is a hit so we can get more DC movies that aren't Batman or Superman and thus more cartoons.

It's really not that surprising that people no longer wake up every Saturday morning just to watch cartoons. Especially when you have the internet and such to catch up on the shows that you've missed or just DVR them.
    Well, yes, even I set the DVR to catch them just in case. Besides, I work every other weekend. However, I tend to be more nostalgic and romantic about cartoons than logical.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Gallifrey endures. blackphoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    What a strange new world we live in when Saturday morning is a bad time to have cartoons.
    Young Justice and Green Lantern and all the action/adult oriented shows should have aired in primetime slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post

Warner Bros. totally half assed the Young Justice/Green Lantern: the Animated Series merch--I never saw any commercials for it, and I never saw any coloring books, T-Shirts, etc. in stores. I would kill for Razer and Aya toys...where are they?

I've already reached that point.

Please, no. Morrison's Action Comics is a total snoozefest, IMO.
    Last edited by blackphoenix; 02-05-2013 at 05:24 AM.
    Thus do I write the first chapter of my new scripture. And the first verse is "Let it all burn."

PHOENIX INVICTUS!

I'm looking forward to TT go.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

Quote Originally Posted by toddx77 View Post
    I am glad a Teen Titans cartoon is back but not like this. Judging by the art work and from the description it seems like it is going to be no where near as good as the 2003 cartoon. I can't help but feel like my lack of watching these 2 shows helped them get canceled. I saw a few episodes but then I would forget to DVR them, then too many passed so I said I would wait for re runs, then I said I would buy the DVD's, then I went to another country where I currently am. I have not bought them digital since itunes is the only store that does not have shows region locked here and I am buying an android tablet later this year and thus will only have android and windows devices so no use in buying all these episode on itunes.

I know am I just one person but still I can't help but feel like if I kept watching them and talked about then someone else would watch it, then they would tell someone, etc.
    Relax: unless you and/or your friends have Neilson boxes, it likely wouldn't have mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    I may be alone in this but I kind of wish they had used John Stewart for the multimedia push. Lots of people already know him from the JLU and, as some one who hasn't read a Green Lantern comic on his life but has seen every episode and movie made out of a DC Character, he seems more interesting than Hal Jordan, or at the very least more badass.
    It's funny: before they gave John a Hal-like military background in JLU, Hall was the bad ass and John was the intellectual hero.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

I think what hurt GL was that it wasn't much of a Space Opera as they'd hope. That and the story and the special effects was pretty mediocre and the villain they had for the movie was uninspiring. From what I've seen from the trailers it wasn't enough to convince me to immediately want to see it in theaters and the buzz surrounding the movie was pretty bad.
    Ya it could have used some more space opera, that would have helped. I didn't have a problem with the special effects and thought the story was pretty good but could have been better either with less downtime or making the script more based on secret origin, or just coming up with something good. Villain wise I liked Sinestro but Hamond did not feel that threatening, Waller did not appear to be evil, and Paralyx looked stupid as a cloud of smoke and showed up too late. Also I felt the other Lanterns were not shown enough. If a Green Lantern 2 is made I hope DC improves on it.

I would prefer Geoff Johns run on Action Comics since I found it much better, but as much as I find Morrisons run on Action a bit over rated, and not liking the current arc, it would be interesting none the less and a new Superman cartoon would be a breath of fresh air. Just don't make Luthor out to be so boring like Morrison is making him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    That has always bugged me for some reason just like how after Iron Man Marvel started to put Ultimate Fury in all their cartoons and now has Nick Fury Jr in the main Marvel Universe which kind of takes away from Ultimate Fury. It was like Marvel was so scared of movie people seeing a white Fury in the comics and cartoons that they felt cries of racism would would happen so they pandered to the movie crowd to make them happy. John could have been in Green Lantern too, not as a lantern but still as a character since there was that scene in secret origin where the air force and marines got into that bar fight. Then he could have been added as a lantern in the second movie, like how Rodey was handled Iron Man 1 and 2, or could have gone the comics route and had Guy in the second movie then have him get hurt in the third so John can take his place. As much as I would like Hal to be the lantern in the Justice League movie and have it based off the first 6 issues of the new 52 Justice League if it was John I could see that working as it will not be an origin movie and John can say something along the lines of Hal is busy with something else.