Page 68 of 337 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 5054

I picked up two weeks of comics today, I still haven't read the last 3 weeks worth, but I am deep into the Marvel book.
    Listen to this: alt-j - Something Good

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    Okay. This morning, I was introduced to this thing: The Halley VI Crawling Antarctic Base... a self-contained research facility capable of getting up and moving around as need be.
    And...this is a real thing?

Oh science, just when I think I couldn't love you any more!
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by jessecuster3 View Post
    I picked up two weeks of comics today, I still haven't read the last 3 weeks worth, but I am deep into the Marvel book.
    Yeah, it's damn good reading if you don't mind knowing how the sausage is made.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Jared H. View Post
    I love Hickman's Avengers. This latest issue has a reference to Morrison's New X-Men and

spoilers:
    Dan Dare from Howling Commandos
    end of spoilers all in one issue.
    It is spiffy, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    The comic that seems to have gone to a weekly schedule. I'd swear #5 is the 3rd issue in as many weeks.
    Yeah, issue 3 was so late, they had to publish issue 4 the week after to keep it on schedule for January. Issue 5 is actually on time.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

My god, the Halley is an Anderson creation!

Hopefully, it won't have a disastrous accident and need International Rescue.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Yeah, issue 3 was so late, they had to publish issue 4 the week after to keep it on schedule for January. Issue 5 is actually on time.
    Gotcha. I figured it would be something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    My god, the Halley is an Anderson creation!

Hopefully, it won't have a disastrous accident and need International Rescue.
    Hopefully it will, and that's when we find out the Thunderbirds are real!

The Central Sca-rutinizer Pól Rua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Hopefully it will, and that's when we find out the Thunderbirds are real!
    I like how you think.

Of course, within seconds of seeing it, a friend of mine and I had plotted an entire episode involving dramatic shots of cracking ice, a widening chasm, someone saying "Don't worry, it's perfectly safe!", Thunderbird 1 & 2 unable to approach because the heat from their jets was melting the ice, and a dramatic conclusion where Thunderbird 4 has to use magnetic clamps at the front to hold onto a pod and travel under the ice, so it can be deployed from below... "H-hold it s-s-steady, Gordon, h-hold it s-steady..."
    But one of the magnetic clamps starts to fail, and the pod looks like it's going to tear loose, destroying both the crawling lab AND TB4...!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4mdFtE7UTo
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pól Rua View Post
    I like how you think.

Of course, within seconds of seeing it, a friend of mine and I had plotted an entire episode involving dramatic shots of cracking ice, a widening chasm, someone saying "Don't worry, it's perfectly safe!", Thunderbird 1 & 2 unable to approach because the heat from their jets was melting the ice, and a dramatic conclusion where Thunderbird 4 has to use magnetic clamps at the front to hold onto a pod and travel under the ice, so it can be deployed from below... "H-hold it s-s-steady, Gordon, h-hold it s-steady..."
    But one of the magnetic clamps starts to fail, and the pod looks like it's going to tear loose, destroying both the crawling lab AND TB4...!!!
    I love it!

I'm cool with the Thunderbirds being real but if the Mysterons show up, I'm out of here.
    I love bipolar danger girl forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Tadhg View Post
    I'm cool with the Thunderbirds being real but if the Mysterons show up, I'm out of here.

Oh wait, that's the Mysterians.

Quote Originally Posted by Tadhg View Post
    With you there! Dang!
    "Loudly proclaiming that you are above childish things isn't a sign of maturity - it's proof of adolescence." - Schnitzy Pretzelpants

Co-host of The 'Mike & Pól Save The Universe' Comics podcast - check it out on www.mikeandpol.com

In semi-related news, last night, this happened...

Dude.

DUDE.

Sofa King jealous right now.