Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    woah, woah, woah ~ while there's not much that could get me to read the corporate-sanctioned fan-fiction that is going on with Spidey these days,
    that is really unfair to tempt me with the original, and by far the best, Death's Head ~ accept no substitutes, yes?
    Slott seems to be doing more of the fan-fiction. Yost seems stuck with it but at least he is true to the character's history. Doc Ock Spidey thinks and sounds like Doc Ock not this back and forth whatever it is Slott is doing. At the very least the crossover aspect of Avenging lets Stuperior Spider-Man come off as weird and funny as well as powerful. Nice how he unleashed Spidey's powers to go toe-to-toe with Wolverine in the last issue. Yes Yost has the conflicting Peter Parker "Ghost" or whatever he is, but Doc Ock seems more like Doc Ock and we don't have to see too much of the bad useage of Peter Parker's supporting cast. MJ seemed much less an airhead in Yost's Avenging issues than in Slott's. Plus it will be more crossovers with people who don't deal with Spidey too much so his acting strange will be less noticeable to strangers than people in his everyday life. Even with the nice Stegman art Slott still isn't as polished as Yost's take on it. Once Ramos comes back I'll have to make sure I skip his issues and wait for the Stegman ones.

What's with the love for Death's Head? I actually kinda liked the 90's version but don't know much about the original.

Death's Head is a freelance peacekeeping mechanoid character who started off in the UK filler stories of our Transformer comics, as it came out weekly and needed more material. He got shrunk down to regular size after an encounter with The Doctor from the Doctor Who series, did a bit of time travelling, got his own brief series and a graphic novel and then sadly vanished except for a couple of Marvel U.S. appearances. Fantastic Four and She-Hulk I think.

Then Marvel U.K. had a bit of a shake up and pretty much killed off the character and introduced a new Death's Head built by A.I.M, which wasn't that bad really. Think there have been a few references to A.I.M's 'Minion project' recently in comics too oddly enough.

As you might be able to tell, I was quite the fan of the character. Nice to see him pop up now and again.

The Superior SpideyClone SpideyClone's Avatar

Interesting CBR and other comic sites say release date is 2/27, but Marvel.com says the 20th...

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Hahaha, can't wait to see She-Hulk interact with Spock and his memories of Peter's adventures with her.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Seeing Death's Head is indeed awesome, but am I the only one who saw Chameleon??

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Seeing Death's Head is indeed awesome, but am I the only one who saw Chameleon??
    That's not Chameleon. It's a TVA employee.

Quote Originally Posted by JTRobin View Post
    Interesting CBR and other comic sites say release date is 2/27, but Marvel.com says the 20th...
    Its the 27th, book was pushed back a week according to Diamond. The intern that runs Marvel's site is a little bit behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Hahaha, can't wait to see She-Hulk interact with Spock and his memories of Peter's adventures with her.
    She will probably only be in 2 or 3 panels, looks like it will be about the kids and those aliens

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    She will probably only be in 2 or 3 panels, looks like it will be about the kids and those aliens
    I know, still I'm hoping she'll pick up something not right about him.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Yost View Post
    That's not Chameleon. It's a TVA employee.
    Yes--Death's Head and The TVA go back to Walt Simonson's run on FF--Go Yost! And Medina? Put him on a Spidey book for good!
    I tried looking up the Straw Hat Law, but I guess The Amish haven'[t made it to the Internet yet.

Death's Head? I'm sold. Yes?
    Life looks better in black and white.

I don't like Superior Spidey but i'm getting this because of the FF

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    Man Feb 27th is way too far.
    I'm telling ya. I was hoping we would get Superior then Avenging and Superior again like this last month. I hope we don't have to wait long in between Superior's. I am so enjoying Spock. Also love seeing the real Death's Head. That is just the icing on the cake.
    Last edited by TonyStark1012; 02-02-2013 at 02:56 PM.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Hmm... I was looking at the preview pages for this issue and saw the original Death's Head. What happened to Death's Head II?

Quote Originally Posted by artiepants View Post
    woah, woah, woah ~ while there's not much that could get me to read the corporate-sanctioned fan-fiction that is going on with Spidey these days,
    that is really unfair to tempt me with the original, and by far the best, Death's Head ~ accept no substitutes, yes?
    Have you not realized this? Everything is fan fiction... Until it becomes canon.
    Check out my Spark Comics: http://SparkComic.com
    Cyclops Vs. The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/14oECsT
    Superior Spider-Man Vs The Marvel Universe Parody Thread: http://bit.ly/122FuwE