Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I have noting politically correct to say. I don't come here to discuss politics.

Lets just go "America F*%$ Yeah!" and leave it at that.

I will point out that racism has taken on a very negative connotation. I see nothign wrong with national or racial pride.... that said...

That site in particular seems to suffer from bigotry.

Which is not the same thing is racism and I have no use for bigotry at all.
    I would argue that racial pride IS a bad thing. Racism is bad, hence the negative connotation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    ZNOP, what are you doing on that crazy racist site?!
    Quote Originally Posted by renne View Post
    holy shit did someone really just invoke stormfront?

have fun with the racists, m8.
    And ZNOP just got put on ignore. *walks away*

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    I honestly don't know enough about this subject to proceed any further with discussing it. The Obamacare posts were my attempts at a joke, since Cap is totally a diehard Republican.
    Wow, you clearly never actually read a Captain America comic have you? Read some of the Stan Lee or better yet Mark Waid stuff; Cap is pretty much the biggest pansy liberal there is in the 616.

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    I would argue that racial pride IS a bad thing. Racism is bad, hence the negative connotation.
    That's cool.

I just know there are lots of people proud to be "X race" and do not behave negatively towards others in regards to their own. They simply make jokes and play up the positive stereotypes of their own ethnicity.

Just defending my opinion on the matter this one time. That topic is a powder keg I won't stand next to anymore.
    "There comes a time, when even gods must die." - Lex Luthor

Never underestimate a farmboy: Just look at Superman, Luke Skywalker, and Link!

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Lets just go "America F*%$ Yeah!" and leave it at that.
    ah, that old "the internet is america" chestnut.

Cyclops was right! The Avenging X-man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    If Cap got the Phoenix Force:

-Wakanda would be fine
    -Professor X would be alive
    -Black Panther and Storm would still be together
    -No Storm/Wolverine relationship
    -No Storm mohawk
    -Avalanche would still be alive
    -Magneto would still have hair
    -Sofía Mantega would still be alive
    Thank you for describing the EXACT reasons he would be a terrible Phoenix Avatar.
    Blue Team

Wait. You guys are missing the most important thing. HOW DID NO ONE TELL ME ABOUT THAT ACRONYM UNTIL RIGHT NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    And, you really think that the baseline-human government is providing them with healthcare? At who's expense? Now that I think about it your statement sounds suspiciously like something I've read countless times on the Stormfront.org website.
    Wow, I accidentally clicked that link...wtf? I now want to wash my computer with soap and bleach until all the dirt comes out of it that is now on there because of it. Just...aghhhhh.
    Writers: Hickman, Lemire, Snyder, Ennis
    Artists: Immonen, Bachalo, Reis, Williams III, Coipel

Qualified Sex Therapist Psylocke1902's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Call me

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    ZNOP, what are you doing on that crazy racist site?!
    As I am an African American citizen who votes in each and every public election, I'd would be a fool not to keep tabs on those who advocate racial separation while quoting the Second amendment. The same people(s) who, as we post, are stockpiling hi-powered assault weapons and other defensive armaments, digging underground bunkers, and actively calling for a total prohibition on the ownership of the same hi-powered assault weapons by African Americans, Latinos/Hispanics, and anyone else they don't deem worthy of sharing the American Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by listererik View Post
    Wow, I accidentally clicked that link...wtf? I now want to wash my computer with soap and bleach until all the dirt comes out of it that is now on there because of it. Just...aghhhhh.
    It's the real world... Srry.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 02-03-2013 at 06:40 AM.
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

The real world is scary, isn't it?
    I don't think there are any good answers for the problems of the world. As long as people will think in black/white and not human/human there will be conflict.
    Say No to decompressed storytelling!

Bellechere for the win!!!

European Union: XXI Century New USSR
    I am anti-EU

It would not change much.
    He could change the world with the power but Marvel will never allow peace. Peace = no fights, no heroes.

It would be the same thing that happened with just the reverse sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Caio View Post
    It would not change much.
    He could change the world with the power but Marvel will never allow peace. Peace = no fights, no heroes.

It would be the same thing that happened with just the reverse sides.
    Marvel doesn't have to give me world peace... Just the confirmation that it's still a "good vs evil" world out there. Do you remember when the X-Men were unwanted heroes who tried to do what was right within a world that feared and hated them? Now, the X-Men are being portrayed as the aggressive (w/o rhyme nor reason), villain(s). What ever happened to the truly committed villains? Where's the Inner Circle? The Marauders? The Baseline-Human built Sentinels? Project Wide Awake, and or the occasional, wayward, space fairing world beaters??? The X-Men have been turned into a cultist, inbreeding, "fanboy/girl" fundamentalist group that spends more time trying to manipulate and kill each other rather than live in peace with the world that they were born into. In fact the Baseline Humans are no longer being written as the majority population despite there being less than three hundred "X-Gene" active mutants since "Decimation" (a mutant catastrophe brought about by a mutant). go figure!!
    Last edited by ZNOP; 02-03-2013 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Though amendment(s).
    Hear me X-men! No longer am I the woman you once knew! I am fire and life incarnate! Now and forever...

I AM PHOENIX!

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    Wow, you clearly never actually read a Captain America comic have you? Read some of the Stan Lee or better yet Mark Waid stuff; Cap is pretty much the biggest pansy liberal there is in the 616.
    Yeah, the only real Cap I've seen has been the Ultimate one. I'll have to look into some of those.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Spider of the Shadows Assassin Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Yeah, the only real Cap I've seen has been the Ultimate one. I'll have to look into some of those.
    Ultimate Cap is a nationalistic, jingoistic douche because that's Mark Millar working out his frustrations with America for the eight years that Bush was in office. The technical basis is that Ultimate Cap, being a "man out of time," was supposed to represent the best and worst of 1940s America, but it mostly amounted to him being a self-righteous, close-minded jerk. 616 Cap, on the other hand, developed into an exemplar of the absolute best that America can be and when his faith in his country was shaken by the realization that the U.S. President (a stand-in for Nixon around Watergate) was in cahoots with a super-terrorist organization called the Secret Empire, he ultimately came to the conclusion that it was American ideals he should stand for, not the oftentimes corrupt and corruptible American government.

Hell, there was a story arc in the 1980s where he was replaced as Captain America by another super-soldier named John Walker because he wouldn't carry out missions for the U.S. government that he thought were too morally questionable. The government took his shield and his costume and gave it to Walker while having Taskmaster train him in Cap's unique fighting style, but it ultimately turned out to be a plot by an incognito Red Skull to discredit Captain America and the United States of America by extension and Steve took back his role to kick the Red Skull's @$$ all over the place.

More recently, Civil War started because Cap wouldn't unlawfully hunt down his fellow superheroes on behalf of Maria Hill and S.H.I.E.L.D., which for all of you here will likely beg the question of why he was willing to do that to Hope and the X-Men when Avengers Vs. X-Men rolled around. The only argument I can make for that is that the Phoenix Force was a more imminent danger than S.H.I.E.L.D.'s and the U.S. government's presumptions of superheroes as out-of-control public menaces, something clearly belied by Cap's own experiences. If we still have to throw stones, I definitely believe that Cap handled his approach to the X-Men entirely wrong, framing it as an ultimatum rather than reaching out in the spirit of cooperation and mutual benefit and forcing confrontation on multiple occasions when he had the opportunity to reason instead. I would rather chalk that up to bad writing and the so-called Architects wanting to draw things towards a certain conclusion at the expense of staying faithful to previous characterization, but then that opens a whole other can of worms, so I'm just going to say here that 616 Cap is (usually) far from being a self-righteous jingoistic douche; he just gets badly written sometimes by people who think he should be more like his Ultimate version or by people with their own axes to grind about America and its role in the world.
    Back in black, the hunter is ready to claim his prey.