Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trinity, Morpheus and Neo (pre-One) VS MCU Hawkeye, Black Widow, and Captain America

Two scenarios. This is Neo before he got the One power-up.

1) Battle takes place in a deserted New York. They are in separate alleys about 100 meters apart. Standard Equipment.

2) Unarmed 3 on 3 match. Takes place in the subway where Neo fought Smith.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Two scenarios. This is Neo before he got the One power-up.

1) Battle takes place in a deserted New York. They are in separate alleys about 100 meters apart. Standard Equipment.

2) Unarmed 3 on 3 match. Takes place in the subway where Neo fought Smith.
    Neo pre-One was already BT, right? Morpheus close to the same level, speed-wise. All three of them had superhuman strength and agility, right? How is this not a stomp?

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Neo pre-One was already BT, right? Morpheus close to the same level, speed-wise. All three of them had superhuman strength and agility, right? How is this not a stomp?
    Morpheus wasn't that fast.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    Morpheus wasn't that fast.
    He was certainly somewhat superhuman, right? Not as fast as Neo, but fast enough to not get instantly disintegrated by an agent, and fast enough to bitch-slap Neo until he moved along the road to mastering his powers.

Having been over this one, pre-One Neo isn't a bullet timer.

Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

As far as the unarmed fight goes, I'm not sure what Hawkeye and Black Widow are supposed to add to the fight. They're good, but they're simply not on the level of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Having been over this one, pre-One Neo isn't a bullet timer.
    Neo did dodge those bullets in that famous backward move scene. Though some of the bullets grazed his legs.

Have Robot, Will Smash Iron_twister's Avatar

Honestly, while the backwards bullet dodge scene was impressive...I kind of saw that as nothing but luck on Neo's part as while he is very capable of being a killing machine, he is still kind of iffy on trying to get the hang of the fact he can temporarily make physics his bitch for a short time, pretty much getting to understand the whole "There is no spoon" advice as I can recall though I haven't seen the film in years to admit.

Heck, I'm pretty sure even Neo wasn't sure he can pull it off as he called Trinity for help once he was defenseless.
    "This is the energy that caused the extinction of your race! Now die again!"-Musashi Tomoe

It's better to burn out, than to fade away!-The Kurgan

Please.........I go through everyone's trash.-The Question

"I said, I'm singing a song. And when someone's singing a song, YOU DON'T SHOOT THEM!"-Kenji Endo

1. Hawkeye can blow up team one unless they shoot him first. Team Matrix seems generally faster, so I'd give them the edge in a quick-draw. Since they start in separate alleys, Hawkeye should stay behind Cap so that he can get a shot off. Widow might be able to sneak up on them the way she did on Loki & Hawkeye. If she can distract them, Hawkeye's AOE arrow will put them in a world of hurt.

2. Stomp for team 1. Widow and Hawkeye are majorly outclassed, and even Cap doesn't have the skill or speed to keep up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Neo did dodge those bullets in that famous backward move scene. Though some of the bullets grazed his legs.
    He wildly flings himself away from the first round, then falls backward, the agent tracking him and finally actually hitting him. twice.

As an Aim dodging feat, it's really good. As a bullet-time feat, it's kind of lame.

Won 6 Awesome Awards, 2Cool awards, 2 internets, a Raging storm and funniest video award
    My RPG Site!

Yes, but he does seem to be a very low bullet timer as he bent back after the bullets were fired.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    He was certainly somewhat superhuman, right? Not as fast as Neo, but fast enough to not get instantly disintegrated by an agent, and fast enough to bitch-slap Neo until he moved along the road to mastering his powers.
    Morpheus being able to fight that upgraded agent never made any sense to me.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

I always rationalized it that Morpheus skills improved between movies 1 and 2, that's the only thing that made sense. Of course, they never explained it. Otherwise, the upgraded agent should have just destroyed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Yes, but he does seem to be a very low bullet timer as he bent back after the bullets were fired.
    He was falling at that point, having thrown himself bckward with whatever enhanced speed he had.

Bullet-timing isn't just the ability to move with such speed that you actually clear a little distance while a bullet is in flight. Fairly certain Lady shiva, once moving, could clear a foot or so before a bullet fired from 20' away reached her. Heck, Captain America, if RUNNNING (and he runs slower than his 'combat movement') can move ~1.5 feet in the time it takes a bullet to reach him from twenty feet.

You have to see and react to the bullets as well.

To me, this is more aim dodging - one might argue the first bullet, but Neo is falling backward the rest of the time with the agent adjusting his aim to compensate. And clipping him. Twice.

Again, as bullet-timing feats go, it's lousy. :(