Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default PREVIEW: Iron Man #6

GODKILLER PART 1
    • Tony Stark. In Space. In a bar. With ladies. What could go wrong?
    • Is Tony guilty of a crime he's not even aware of?
    • A shocking start to an all-new, all-different direction for IRON MAN.

Full article here.

I'm letting the Godkiller arc be my final judge on whether I keep up with this series or not. Judging by this preview, it doesn't look good for it's future (with me).
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others

I'm getting this arc sheerly for Death's Head.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk_Is View Post
    I'm letting the Godkiller arc be my final judge on whether I keep up with this series or not. Judging by this preview, it doesn't look good for it's future (with me).
    I bailed after last issue. This arc's choosing to focus on AvX aftermath was all I needed to know in deciding whether this book would get any better.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

I dropped the series after issue 2 when these pages first popped up and seeing the "space ship" on the third page that's really just a fighter jet with the nosed cropped off. I very much look forward to picking it up again once Land's off it.
    Superior Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Venom, Scarlet Spider, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, Iron Man

Senior Member I'm Not Daredevil's Avatar

Looks terrible, what a shocker.

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

I don't read Iron Man, so not sure if there is any truth to the rumor that Danger (the character) is going to be Tony's new suit?
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Greg Land please retire from comics. What Marvel is doing to one of their crossover appeal characters is disgraceful. You expect casual fans to spend four dollars on art work that looks like this?

I know most put the brunt of the blame on Greg Land for this comic's being less than good, but I really do question the reasoning behind Gillen's decision to open 2013 by focusing on LAST YEAR's big summer event. I cannot imagine any scale on which that is a good idea. I didn't even dislike AvX as much as many others did and even that was the final straw for me. I can't imagine a reason why I'd be excited about reading an AvX tie-in in 2013, let alone one drawn by Greg Land at $3.99 a pop plus double-shipping.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

I'm really liking the Iron Man comic and I'm a big fan of Gillen as well.

It takes a certain kind of talent to make Iron Man in space look boring to me. There are no visible guns on all but one of the ships in the whole preview, I just wish the designs for them were a bit more exciting. Either way I hope Gillen tells a truly entertain story with, what I believe to be, a great idea; Even if I won't necessarily be picking it up.

There doesn't even seem to be a fill in artist to look forward to as a break from Land's work.

I mean, it's great that he can crank this stuff out so fast as I'm sure that's why they tapped him but the book just doesn't really have any artistic appeal to me whatsoever.

Just read it and to be quite frank it was rubbish, the first 5 in the first Arc were fantastic, lots of action lots to look at but this one is slow, bland and trys to be funny but takes to long to get there with his beard. Yes he killed the Pheonic but why on earth do i have to have A vs X on the top of my IRONMAN Comic! Its anoying that they on a brand new Volume they still use crossover appeal characters. Its only a 3 part arc so thats a positive and hopefully 2/3 will be more entertaining as 1/3 is just a tad slow and you could see what they are trying to do with Tony's humour and lady hunting but it took too long to get to the only thing that we learnt in the comic which was that they are not happy with Stark for his crimes (if he had done anything)

The cover is shocking, however i do like the vibrate colours and pictures in this comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    There doesn't even seem to be a fill in artist to look forward to as a break from Land's work.

I mean, it's great that he can crank this stuff out so fast as I'm sure that's why they tapped him but the book just doesn't really have any artistic appeal to me whatsoever.
    Easy to crank out art fast when you trace it.
    Image: 9 titles IDW: 2 titles Dynamite: 1 title Red 5: 1 title
    Valiant: 2 titles Marvel: 2 titles Avatar: 1 title Vertigo: 1 title