Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sparticus View Post
    Those runes at the bottom of the page translate:

"The song (musical note) that calls the wraiths th(squiggle)is is the song that (musical note) lies?"
    Ooooooh, interesting.

I am looking forward to this. I like the art and I do like the ''Why do you talk like that?'' part that they say in unison as well.

Roll up the PARTITION plz Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I am looking forward to this. I like the art and I do like the ''Why do you talk like that?'' part that they say in unison as well.
    Wot's funny...I thought the very same thing while reading the dialogues...with pretty much the same expression.

If it is a one off thing to "set the tone" as it were, then all well and good...but sixteen more pages of Asgard-Speak is going to ruin this for me.

I've made my peace with the art...I've reconciled the fact that it will never completely be to my liking...so be it.
    Last edited by Imraith Nimphais; 02-01-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    Sun and Moon
    Ororo Munroe...God's own X-MAN
    Storm deserves her very own solo ongoing...unfortunately..."Limited minds place limits on everything but their own foolishness." (aja_c.)

BANNED

What does the AR do btw?

Well, I'll be Mr Negative here and say that this book might be for me. As always, I'll at least buy it and check it out. I've been plesantly surprised by a lot of books in Marvel Now so we shall see....

I'll try not to be to harsh like a was for YA lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    If it is a one off thing to "set the tone" as it were, then all well and good...but sixteen more pages of Asgard-Speak is going to ruin this for me.
    Valkyrie's generally always spoken like an Asgardian...at least in the 90s and on. I think, when she was still in a human body, she didn't.

That said, she's generally a woman of relatively few words unless riled up and it's usually what makes it funny when she slips into a non-Asgardian turn of phrase every now and then that she's picked up from heroing on Midgard so long. Kinda like when I was reading Incredible Hercules once and literally fell out of my chair laughing when Thor asked Amadeus if he'd beaten Sekhmet by "slipping her a roofie". =P Asgardians learn things from the youtubes too!

I imagine it will tone down though, but don't expect Valkyrie to use shortened words much. English isn't her first language, after all.

Fearless Defenders Artist wsliney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    What does the AR do btw?
    It will play a video using a smartphone when you point it at the comic.

Just by looking at this preview alone, tells me that we're in for a great series starter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wsliney View Post
    It will play a video using a smartphone when you point it at the comic.
    Oh, I know that. It's just that I was trying it with my phone right now and it wasn't working.

Guess I have to wait til the actual comic to see what that page does.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fury View Post
    That Valkyrie variant is absolutely fantastic.
    Must obtain.

It already looks better in 4 pages of dialogue than the whole first 3 issues of Thunderbolts.
    "Freedom is the Right of ALL Sentient Beings" - Optimus Prime
    Twitter:http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1

I hate to rain on y'all 's parade, but that dialogue was pretty terrible.

Still checking it though.

Mostly Harmless

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Must obtain.

It already looks better in 4 pages of dialogue than the whole first 3 issues of Thunderbolts.
    Hey! I like Thunderbolts.
    I'm certainly getting FD as well though. It's (FD) shaping up to be be one of the best Now! titles if it lives up to it's potential.

Picture Book Liker

I like "chick" books and I like obscure Marvel characters like Valkyrie. I also found the dialogue to this preview clever and upbeat. The art, however, is completely uninspired: These characters are in a fight and they have virtually expressionless faces. The sword-thrust by Valkyrie is completely without any sense of force. And the hordes of undead have no sense of menace or danger whatsoever. Count me (unfortunately) out.
    Currently Reading: Hawkeye, Jupiter's Legacy, Mighty Avengers, Saga, Superior Spider-Man & Superior Foes (Bye: Fearless Defenders & Young Avengers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Disco_Magic View Post
    I like "chick" books and I like obscure Marvel characters like Valkyrie. I also found the dialogue to this preview clever and upbeat. The art, however, is completely uninspired: These characters are in a fight and they have virtually expressionless faces. The sword-thrust by Valkyrie is completely without any sense of force. And the hordes of undead have no sense of menace or danger whatsoever. Count me (unfortunately) out.
    Hey now, I see Val smirking.

Looking forward to what Mr. Bunn has to offer to this book. However, I did find the dialogue a tad off putting.
    The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame