Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Chilling out at the center of the Solar System

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Yea but would that not put him at solar system busting levels?
    Not necessarily.

It puts him beyond planet busting by a decent margin, but it doesn't have to be that excessive. Not enough to be SMvsFL anyway. I mean, did he ever try and fail to blow up a planet? If not, there's really not much case for SMvsFl.

Yea but would that not put him at solar system busting levels? Kind of a big leap from "laughing off planet busting attacks"(something the z fighters were doing in near the end of the Frieza saga) to making a blast that is near solar system busting levels. I mean it created a big blast outside of the microverse...would that not put him on solar system busting levels? If so why did he not duplicate it? Or come anywhere near it? Hell I could believe planet busting but that microverse feat should put him on SOLAR SYSTEM busting levels should it not?

Kinda high end. Even for Sentry..

Also molecule manipulation, durability and strength feats do not = solar system busting energy attacks. It proves he is strong, durable and can manipulate molecules.
    It shows the dude can emit vast quantities of energy. The rest of it shows it's consistent with his general power levels, which also include mental constrcts busting through the layered shields of Iron Man, Invisible Woman, and Classic Strange. That last one being the important one, though the other two add on to Strange.

High End? Sure. But it's fine for his presentation in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I don't really see any reason to default to that explanation in this case.
    You mean mine or the manga's?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    You mean mine or the manga's?
    The bad translation one. As far as I recall, the French translation is actually pretty good. And in that particular case it makes plenty of sense since the art visibly shows them burning Buu instead of just blasting his remains.

Makes more sense than "erasing his ki", since that makes no real sense. How would they have done that?
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Well, if Cell was right about it and Buuhan wasn't weaker than post-DBZ/pre-DBO Goku and Vegeta, solar system busting should be within his output range. However, he never showed the feats for it, other than a much weaker Buu treating a Cell level being like dirt, physically, and being stronger than his previous form which dealt with the insanely beyond Cell Mystic Gohan just as casually combined with Cell being a couple of hugely massive tiers beyond Frieza, who in turn can casually destroy a 10G planet in a form that had less than 1% of the power of his true form.

Also, I don't really remember anyone other than Vegetto resisting absorption, and that was by generating a forcefield during the process. Everyone else seemed to be put to sleep, though they may have been able to influence his personality and actions. As for telepathy, I don't know that it would be effective against Buu considering that he doesn't have a physical brain (if that's needed) and that Babidi, a guy who can passively scan the entire planet for people who are thinking his name and whose entire schtick is to make people who bear his Majin Mark into his mind slaves, could do jack to telepathically control Buu. Even Vegeta had to strain to break free while Fat Buu just ignored Babidi's commands unless threatened with sealing.
    Fox Mr. Sinister (holding Rogue's chin): "So beautiful, yet so strong."

Fox Wolverine: "Well, I always did think I was kinda cute. Nice of you to mention it."

Official Board Ostrichizer

The bad translation one. As far as I recall, the French translation is actually pretty good. And in that particular case it makes plenty of sense since the art visibly shows them burning Buu instead of just blasting his remains.

Makes more sense than "erasing his ki", since that makes no real sense. How would they have done that?
    Is there any appreciable difference between burning him or blasting him in this case? Either way they turned the guy to vapor and he came back from that.

That said, the 'erase his ki' is mentioned more than once (by Piccolo and later by Gotenks). It's in the English manga, pretty sure it was in Spanish too. Not sure about the english dub.

That you once mentioned that the French translations said Ginyu could't use Goku's power due to his heart or something like that, IIRC; so there is precedent for it not being accurate.

Then by the sounds of it this could go either way. Buu has faster reflex's and superior combat skills so going hand to hand with him would not be a good idea for Sentry despite having a strength advantage.

Buu's regeneration capabilities are phenomenal as well. Casually coming back from planet busting attacks and making a game out of it. Being blown up to a point where he only needed the smoke that came off of his remains to regenerate, etc. In terms of energy output they should be relatively the same.

Still I listed about 4 scenarios. What will the outcome be in each one? 2 of which has their molecular manipulation abilities restricted.
    Last edited by Cody; 02-01-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Is there any appreciable difference between burning him or blasting him in this case?
    Ki blasts don't turn people into visible smoke/vapor.
    That you once mentioned that the French translations said Ginyu could't use Goku's power due to his heart or something like that, IIRC; so there is precedent for it not being accurate.
    Point.

Doesn't really matter here though, so I'll stop the derail at that.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Honestly, claiming Sentry's feats as SMvsFL is pretty strange. WWHulk aside, Sentry's power level ("Really high") is just about the only consistent thing about it aside from "pretty crazy".
    Well, I don't know if I would go that far. He jobbed out, and had low showings about as often as any other character. BUT, Sentry actually had an excuse: guy's powers were pretty much whatever he believed them to be, and he was constantly waffling in his own confidence and beliefs. If the guy wants to (on some level) lose a punch out with Hulk, he is going to lose a punch out with Hulk.

For rumbles purposes, he has plenty of high end shenanigans, and there is no reason with bloodlust and default rules he won't be at full capacity.

Also, just to point out, Buu winning a slugfest goes right out the window the second Bob Voids out and turns into a mass of energy tentacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Well, I don't know if I would go that far. He jobbed out, and had low showings about as often as any other character. BUT, Sentry actually had an excuse: guy's powers were pretty much whatever he believed them to be, and he was constantly waffling in his own confidence and beliefs. If the guy wants to (on some level) lose a punch out with Hulk, he is going to lose a punch out with Hulk.

For rumbles purposes, he has plenty of high end shenanigans, and there is no reason with bloodlust and default rules he won't be at full capacity.

Also, just to point out, Buu winning a slugfest goes right out the window the second Bob Voids out and turns into a mass of energy tentacles.
    Sentry sounds similar to Gladiator in some respects. Albeit more powerful. Anyway his tentacles were that quick though seeing as Spiderman, Wolverine and even Captain America were more than capable of dodging them. And with a sufficient blast they can be taken out. As it is it was a hellicarrer crashing into the void at the speed of sound that knocked him down in the first place, allowing Bobby to hold it make long enough for Thor to kill him and the Void. So it is safe to assume they won't be tagging Buuhan, let alone lasting long enough against a bombardment of ftl blasts(again I use his feat of taking out all life on earth in a single rain of ki blasts as an example).

Then by the sounds of it this could go either way.
    How? Buu can't kill Sentry. How is that it "going either way" ? Sentry briefly contained cosmic cube energies without getting vaporized, so it means none of Buu's attacks should even destroy any part of his body..let alone be capable of killing him flat out.

Buu has faster reflex's and superior combat skills so going hand to hand with him would not be a good idea for Sentry despite having a strength advantage.
    It's more the speed that is an advantage then the combat skills, since if there wasn't a speed advantage Sentry would most likely give Buu a serious beatdown.

In terms of energy output they should be relatively the same.
    No they really shouldn't. Nobody in DBZ has ever shown energy output even close to the Sentry microverse feat.
    Last edited by Surtur; 02-01-2013 at 09:04 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Your Ice Cream Man Captain Morgan's Avatar

Sentry sounds similar to Gladiator in some respects. Albeit more powerful. Anyway his tentacles were that quick though seeing as Spiderman, Wolverine and even Captain America were more than capable of dodging them
    Going by the Egypt flashback, he can basically fill the arena with the things...

. And with a sufficient blast they can be taken out. As it is it was a hellicarrer crashing into the void at the speed of sound that knocked him down in the first place, allowing Bobby to hold it make long enough for Thor to kill him and the Void. So it is safe to assume they won't be tagging Buuhan, let alone lasting long enough against a bombardment of ftl blasts(again I use his feat of taking out all life on earth in a single rain of ki blasts as an example).
    Again, that whole showing involved Bob wanting to die, and holding the Void up. Trying to cite it as any sort of relevant durability display is questionable at best, especially when he was already shrugging off Thor's best shots an issue before hand, and let's face it, Thor >> Hellicarrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Going by the Egypt flashback, he can basically fill the arena with the things...

Again, that whole showing involved Bob wanting to die, and holding the Void up. Trying to cite it as any sort of relevant durability display is questionable at best, especially when he was already shrugging off Thor's best shots an issue before hand, and let's face it, Thor >> Hellicarrier.
    I addressed that.
    allowing Bobby to hold it long enough for Thor to kill him and the Void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    How? Buu can't kill Sentry. How is that it "going either way" ? Sentry briefly contained cosmic cube energies, which means any ki attack Buu does should just bounce right off him.
    Briefly and was hurt temendously. And seeing as he was still susceptible of being hurt by attacks far less in caliber I don't see them "bouncing off"

It's more the speed that is an advantage then the combat skills, since if there wasn't a speed advantage Sentry would most likely give Buu a serious beatdown.
    Combat skills still take into consideration seeing as his skills can also involve in absorbing Sentry when going up close.

No they really shouldn't. Nobody in DBZ has ever shown energy output even close to the Sentry microverse feat.
    Which people here have said that it makes him a multi planet buster. So yes that is an energy output close to that level. Unless you are trying to say he is a solar system buster?
    Last edited by Cody; 02-01-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Briefly and was hurt temendously. And seeing as he was still susceptible of being hurt by attacks far less in caliber I don't see them "bouncing off"
    Given nobody in DBZ has attacks that potent..it shouldn't really hurt him at all. Unless you feel Buu's attacks come anywhere close to the energies of a cosmic cube.

Combat skills still take into consideration seeing as his skills can also involve in absorbing Sentry when going up close.
    I see, so you're talking those type of "combat" skills. I figured you meant fighting skill(which would not help one bit), not weird techniques.

Which people here have said that it makes him a multi planet buster. So yes that is an energy output close to that level. Unless you are trying to say he is a solar system buster?
    *shrugs* Must of been one very very small universe then if it is only multi planet busting.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Given nobody in DBZ has attacks that potent..it shouldn't really hurt him at all. Unless you feel Buu's attacks come anywhere close to the energies of a cosmic cube.
    Yea but the thing is it took less than planet busting attacks to hurt him multiple times after the incident so yes, yes it should. It doesn't need to be close to the energies of the cosmic cube to hurt him since attacks less than planet busting ones were capable of doing damage to him.

I see, so you're talking those type of "combat" skills. I figured you meant fighting skill, not weird techniques.
    Well I mean both. I does have his own fighting skills and experience gained from his battles against the Kai's, skills gained from Piccolo, Gohan, Goten, trunks, and the z fighters on the watch tower.

*shrugs* Must of been one small universe then if it is only multi planet busting.
    If it were solar system busting then I would concede. But as was pointed out earlier in the thread he hasn't shown any feats that put him on "solar system" busting attacks. When I asked if doing such a feat would make him a solar system buster, I was told "no it doesn't". Which would make sense since if he was he would not have had so much trouble with many of the enemies he had faced afterwards.

Here take a look at this:

The first scan shows him holding it for an unknown amount of time as his arms go numb. The second scan shows him barely holding it for a sec with his power before being overwhelmed. He wasn't holding it for very long in the second scan. While the first scan's time is unknown.
    Last edited by Cody; 02-01-2013 at 12:42 PM.