Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Superior Spider-Man #3 Preview (possible spoilers)

Courtesy of Newsarama.

So wait a minute? Does this mean spoilers:
    Batman and Commissioner Gordon are idiots?
    end of spoilers
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

The Spider-Signal had a good run. Shine on in Heaven, Spider-Signal. Shine on.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

okay I actually like that A LOT, as much as I wanted to hate Spock, his constant sarcasm, superiority complex, and devil may care attitude is sorta growing on me =)

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Courtesy of Newsarama.

end of spoilers
    Yes, yes it does.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Aw, Geez.

Play to "compromise" the reformed relationship between J Jonah Jameson and Spider-Man, just when things are FINALLY lookin' good, "Spider-Man".

I can see it now, by six months, "SPIDER-MAN: MENACE!" all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    Aw, Geez.

Play to "compromise" the reformed relationship between J Jonah Jameson and Spider-Man, just when things are FINALLY lookin' good, "Spider-Man".

I can see it now, by six months, "SPIDER-MAN: MENACE!" all over again.
    That's the one thing I'm not liking about this. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I sincerely hope the aftermath of all this isn't simply returning everything to the "broke loser outcast" status quo.

Courtesy of Newsarama.

end of spoilers
    Means Spidey ain't striking enough fear. If instead of Superior Spider-man Spock had announced himself as the Big Tarantula-Man however.

all in all more interesting preview, but yeah, sticking to Avenging.
    Thug: Tell... tell my wife i love her...
    Spider-man: No.

It gets better and better.I love this little Batman mockery and how Ock plays with Jonah's arrogance.I would love to see SpOck vs Vulture.It would be interesting considering their common story.
    "I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

The Bat-Signal is a weapon in the Bat-arsenal now. It has become something more than it was, and stands for something more than it was. What works for Batman will not work for Spider-Man.

I think Otto's response is fantastic...and amusing. Playing to Jonah in a pay Peter never did.

I like the teaming up of Carlie and Spock once again after the last Vulture story. Last time it was hilarious romantic tension and awkwardness. Now the dynamic has changed, with Carlie suspicious of Spidey's real identity and Otto being, well, Otto.

Well, to Doc Ock, Batman and Commissioner Gordon would be idiots, yes. They fail to completely crush each and everyone that opposes them. In other news, Ock is a megalomaniac with delusions of godhood.
    Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.

Quote Originally Posted by ViewtifulJC View Post
    I like the teaming up of Carlie and Spock once again after the last Vulture story. Last time it was hilarious romantic tension and awkwardness. Now the dynamic has changed, with Carlie suspicious of Spidey's real identity and Otto being, well, Otto.
    You know I just thought of an interesting angle. Previously, I speculated that Carlie will confront Doc Ock with her suspicions and Doc Ock tells her "well let's say you're hypothesis is correct--which it's not--what are you going to do about it? It's your word against mine and besides, would you really put everyone at risk by depriving the world of Spider-Man?" Thus Carlie, although she knows, reluctantly has to work with Doc Ock and keep his secret. And over the course of Superior Spider-Man, she winds up falling in love with Doc Ock in spite of herself. In other words, she becomes Doc Ock's "Mary Jane."
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

You know I just thought of an interesting angle. Previously, I speculated that Carlie will confront Doc Ock with her suspicions and Doc Ock tells her "well let's say you're hypothesis is correct--which it's not--what are you going to do about it? It's your word against mine and besides, would you really put everyone at risk by depriving the world of Spider-Man?" Thus Carlie, although she knows, reluctantly has to work with Doc Ock and keep his secret. And over the course of Superior Spider-Man, she winds up falling in love with Doc Ock in spite of herself. In other words, she becomes Doc Ock's "Mary Jane."
    You could be on to something, but that sounds dreadful.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Carlie may be a love-sick nerd, but I don't think she's going to date the guy who killed one of her best friends.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I don't think I can run w/ any of these theories. Otto has Peter's memories. He'll convince her (temporarily) that he's Peter, and she'll leave it alone for a bit, until he crosses the line and do something the Peter simply...wouldn't...do - when she'll pick up the torch again, almost certainly playing a critical role in Peter's return...in which she'll probably die.