Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    I'm African and I'm anti-Africa, so it's not racist.
    Hyksoses don't count. And you are anti-everything, so you definitely don't get to say what's racist or not!
    Breathe deep, seek peace!

http://levarnu.deviantart.com/

BANNED

tbf, I've been to Africa like 3 times and it is really hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Optic Rage View Post
    tbf, I've been to Africa like 3 times and it is really hot.
    Storm controls the weather and Wakanda has always been shown as a highly advanced culture in a lush tropical rain forest! No one was in danger of dying of heat stroke!

BANNED

Wakanda got cooled off and good.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    she's an ambulatory Mad Lib. You can fill in the enormous blanks inherent to the character with your own ideas.
    Well said, here here!!
    Two tons of fun

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Wakanda got cooled off and good.
    See. Now there's a funny joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    That isn't what he's saying. He's only pointing out that it always ends up an either or and while I don't think anyone in this thread is guilty of it there is a tendency to view effeminate or flamboyant gay characters as less than and blame them for the homophobia that gets directed at real gay people. This belief always has people point out that if 'normal' or regular everyday joes are portrayed then none of this would happen. This thinking always overlooks the fact that no matter what the character acts like people that have an issue with gay people won't like them period.
    Well then...yeah people shouldn't feel unwanted or unwelcome simply for acting in a way that would be viewed as effeminate or flamboyant. I wouldn't want to give that impression at all.
    I'm not a fan of the theory that I'm a self-loathing queen for having a beard and watching football in between times I go to drag shows or musicals. I get that it is asking a lot for Marvel to cater so specifically to someone like me but damn it, I like General Howlett and Hercules around and I would like a few more characters like them around.

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    People have such stiff views on sexuality. No one "becomes a lesbian" simply by having a romantic relationship with a woman. There are many people who have fallen for only one other of the gender they're not normally with. It happens. But then society feels this need to slap a label on people, and demands to know "Is So-and-So gay? Ermahgerd." Having a character like Psylocke who's only thus far had feelings for men develop feelings for a woman would not be a "sudden change for shock value." It'd be resembling something that happens on occasion in real life, and it would in no way invalidate the feelings for the previous men or the woman in question.
    True but unless there's a continuing storyline behind it then it is just for the shock value and such or if it's Cluster then it's to give a push to Fantomex, the problem wtih that would be that many people would then only want her with women from that day forward, since she did it once...much like Buffy...true it happens in real life but Betsy imho has never shown any inkling and that's a big change to a character to where not every future writer will agree with it, as Wood will not be the last writer to write her and I doubt that all of them would be for it, if I had to guess then I'd guess that it was Rachel or Storm or maybe Jubilee, besides which Betsy unfortunately will still be with the creepy Fantomex 3 and their feelings for her. Take Rictor for example, until PAD did a 180 and changed his sexuality Rictor was as straight as they come, Nicieza the writer that had written almost all fo what those fans who liked them together use admitted after leaving X-Force that he knew that some peopel felt that way and wrote what he did to tease them, nothing more.
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

Oh my god, this is a completely different thread and you've managed to bring your Fantomex/Psylocke vendetta here too.

BANNED

i hope this means we get to see rogue throwing cars at people.

This title sounds like so much fun! I'm excited. I wonder who the 7th will be. Female, surprise/twist X-Character. Sage? I hope not. I'll take X-23 after she finishes killing baby Avengers in the Arena. And woop woop to Pixie and Bling supporting roles! Surge next maybe??

BANNED

i hope the twist character is callisto.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    if it's a twist, you know it has mystique's stank all over it. ; /
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    It's called disguised, dimwitted discrimination. Killing off a gay character so his teammates can "learn a lesson?" Using the death of a barely-developed character and defining him by his sexuality in order to further the character growth of his heterosexual teammates who already have had infinite more development than him? That's BS.
    I agree with everything in this post. Anyone who wants to kill off Anole for such a pathetic reason, needs to off themselves. What a very ignorant thing to say.
    "That's how it happened on Earth 141 where BOTA was written by Headmasters Claremont, Milligan and Carey." - Jarrod

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    Oh, that would would be all kinds of awesome! Can you imagine a Coipel drawn Callisto? That would certainly be a great for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    if it's a twist, you know it has mystique's stank all over it. ; /
    Or this. She is rumored to be starting her own school, and Jubes does show up with a kid in tow. For all we know, Mystique could be recruiting as early as nursery school. Either of these choices is a winner in my book.
    Believe me, if I'd felt it was the way to go, I would have done it. Thank the goddesses I didn't have to. But don't flatter yourself, you couldn't have stopped me if you tried - Storm