Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 246
  1. #16
    Haughty & Naughty Mia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,988

    Default

    Not a bad interview he seems to have a great ideas. However as a woman and a long time comic book reader I have to disagree with him the treatment of women in comics. Well as far as Marvel goes anyway. Marvel has for the most part done a good job at writing powerful yet very feminine women. Yes they do pander to guys in that they write about the ideal female meaning that yes while she is physically attractive. She also tends to be fearless, ambitious and smart. As opposed to writing the kind of woman that most (not all) tend to admire. Which generally girly, Harlequin heroine and sweet. I hope that Marvel never changes their characters to appeal to a general female reading audience.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    and characters), we have Bling! appearing in issue #1, but I'd love to have decent gay male characters represented as well. We're still short on that.
    If I may be so bold...can I suggest Anole? I truly think that he's a great character. Flawed but excellent.

    Unfortunately he's a kid (and yes not easy on the eyes). But I really like him alot. He's the kind of character I would have loved to have read about as a teenager.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus

  2. #17
    Elder Member Hi-Fi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    I would love to see Wood writing a gay male character. He gets it. You don't write the character any differently than you would otherwise, except for who they go to bed with at night--and that's not a big deal. Hopefully we can have a gay character who isn't flamboyant or a Glee kid (looking at you omgsogoodYoung Avengers). Ideally we could get a masculine (not hyper-masculine sportsdudebro "masc" but a guy--just a guy) with some hair on his face, chest, and balls. That'd be a nice change of pace.

    I'd rather a brand new character, but I also wouldn't mind if they finally outed Iceman (but do we really need all his baggage? no thank you).
    Exactly. Just a regular dude who happens to be gay. Wood's explanation as to how he approaches writing women makes me really want to see him writing a gay character. Has he ever in his other books? Not that I remember.

    Oh, I'd prefer a brand new character.

    Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    That traitor Skids is still sloshing her way through the blood of Apocalypse. This is Karima's time to shine. Mercury is acceptable, but only as Bling!'s latest conquest. That's what it'll take for me to like her.
    Karima gets my vote. She's great.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I will gladly accept a support cast role for Pixie. Just please, no wallpaper.
    Pixie's friendship with Rogue will be at the forefront. <3

  3. #18
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco - the free range twink farm
    Posts
    46,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Pixie's friendship with Rogue will be at the forefront. <3
    I'm down. They can share cowboy boots <3

  4. #19
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Hindu Kush
    Posts
    59,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Not a bad interview he seems to have a great ideas. However as a woman and a long time comic book reader I have to disagree with him the treatment of women in comics. Well as far as Marvel goes anyway. Marvel has for the most part done a good job at writing powerful yet very feminine women. Yes they do pander to guys in that they write about the ideal female meaning that yes while she is physically attractive. She also tends to be fearless, ambitious and smart. As opposed to writing the kind of woman that most (not all) tend to admire. Which generally girly, Harlequin heroine and sweet. I hope that Marvel never changes their characters to appeal to a general female reading audience.



    If I may be so bold...can I suggest Anole? I truly think that he's a great character. Flawed but excellent.

    Unfortunately he's a kid (and yes not easy on the eyes). But I really like him alot. He's the kind of character I would have loved to have read about as a teenager.
    Anole sucks hardcore, and he needs to hang himself STAT.

  5. #20
    Elder Member Aguja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    17,624

    Default

    Hopefully the surprise is Transonic! The team liberates her from her Wakanda prison. This team does need a smart character type.

  6. #21
    Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    9,187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Exactly. Just a regular dude who happens to be gay.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

  7. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Hindu Kush
    Posts
    59,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Exactly. Just a regular dude who happens to be gay. Wood's explanation as to how he approaches writing women makes me really want to see him writing a gay character. Has he ever in his other books? Not that I remember.

    Oh, I'd prefer a brand new character.


    Karima gets my vote. She's great.


    Pixie's friendship with Rogue will be at the forefront. <3
    I hate your and Quinnhop's self-hatred, homophobia about being "regular guys." Get over it, homos.

  8. #23
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Exactly. Just a regular dude who happens to be gay. Wood's explanation as to how he approaches writing women makes me really want to see him writing a gay character. Has he ever in his other books? Not that I remember.

    Oh, I'd prefer a brand new character.


    Karima gets my vote. She's great.


    Pixie's friendship with Rogue will be at the forefront. <3
    This. New character, Karima, and PixieRogue.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    I'm down. They can share cowboy boots <3
    Pixie can get some vintage boots from Rogue and Rogue can get some McKelvie buckle-boots from Pixie.

    Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Anole sucks hardcore, and he needs to hang himself STAT.
    Editorial keeps keeping him from doing it. Ugh, it does not get better, especially for green gays.

    Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    I hate your and Quinnhop's self-hatred, homophobia about being "regular guys." Get over it, homos.
    I'm transcendent.

  9. #24
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco - the free range twink farm
    Posts
    46,140

    Default

    Wasn't that face like jarrod's avatar for awhile>

  10. #25
    Elder Member Aguja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    17,624

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    I hate your and Quinnhop's self-hatred, homophobia about being "regular guys." Get over it, homos.
    I won't lie the femphobia is a little :(

  11. #26
    ♥♥ dilettante ♥♥ Pixie_Solanas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    san francisco - the free range twink farm
    Posts
    46,140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    Pixie can get some vintage boots from Rogue and Rogue can get some McKelvie buckle-boots from Pixie.
    So done with McKelvie's Urban Outfitters fashions. I want Felipe Andrade from Captain Marvel to design some hawt boots.

  12. #27
    Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    6,414

    Default

    wtf you guys, that's like the worst thing you could say about being a young gay even if that young gay is Anole. not cool. extremely not cool.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    I won't lie the femphobia is a little :(
    It's not femphobia if every gay character I'm reading is effeminate and I'd just like to see some equal representation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    So done with McKelvie's Urban Outfitters fashions. I want Felipe Andrade from Captain Marvel to design some hawt boots.
    I was surprised you liked him at all.

  14. #29
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Hindu Kush
    Posts
    59,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinnhop View Post
    It's not femphobia if every gay character I'm reading is effeminate and I'd just like to see some equal representation.
    Your paranoia about effeminacy really stands out on the board and facebook. Rictor is not "masculine" because he's drinking a beer.

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    wtf you guys, that's like the worst thing you could say about being a young gay even if that young gay is Anole. not cool. extremely not cool.
    he blows and needs to die. Huge mistake for them to have abandoned the gay suicide plot. He'd have been a much more important contribution.

  15. #30
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,089

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Your paranoia about effeminacy really stands out on the board and facebook. Rictor is not "masculine" because he's drinking a beer.
    I hate Rictor.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •