Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I wanna see Pixie, Kiden Nixon, and Martha Johanson as an all female cast 4 a Daydreamers relaunch. that would rock.
    No Ernst, no sale.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    No Ernst, no sale.
    !
    How could I forget Ernst? she's the cherry on top.
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Wood
    Well, yeah, as someone who wrote Jubilee a long time ago, I wanted to use those classic powers of hers... the vampire thing was just something I wasn't sure I knew what to do with. But my editor gave me some great advice, which was to thing of the vampire stuff as a mutant power set. So, instead of thinking of her as "vampire Jubilee," think of her as "Jubilee with vampire powers." Which seems like a minor distinction at first, but is actually quite a profound difference. The vampire thing can't and doesn't define her... she's Jubilee! That defines her. The vampire powers definitely are a twist, but in no way does it change her personality or her core character traits.
    You see, that's kind of the problem. Something like that should be a big deal. However, when they do make a point of the vampire thing it doesn't result in particularly good stories (and yes, I will admit I didn't like the "Wolverine and Jubilee" miniseries). When it's not treated like a big deal, then it's a question of why they even bothered to do it in the first place. It's just something that does not fit into her particular character arc. Heck, the Wondra thing would have been a better addition to her character arc if they had been smart about it.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

a curious wanderer OBrianTallent's Avatar

It's great to read Brian's ideas behind the characters. I love his conception of each one, though I'm not crazy about Vamp Jubilee no matter how it's spun. The only thing I wish is that they would let Coipel (or anyone else for that matter) redesign Rogue's costume. The throwback that Cassady has put her in is well past it's prime.
    Not all who wander are lost....

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    It's great to read Brian's ideas behind the characters. I love his conception of each one, though I'm not crazy about Vamp Jubilee no matter how it's spun. The only thing I wish is that they would let Coipel (or anyone else for that matter) redesign Rogue's costume. The throwback that Cassady has put her in is well past it's prime.
    Seconded. That costume is really boring.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDemon View Post
    Here's a suggestion: take your "alternative lifestyle" agenda and go back to writing slash fics for some fanfic forum and leave the regular books alone?

They're superhero comics, not pro-LGBT political tracts.
    The X-men have always stood for the outsider, with anthologies to race and other forms of Bigotry, the LGBT works well for them now becasue the opposition is still ignorant bigots who hate for no reason but the way people are born
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Chase_Stein View Post
    It would be interesting to see Kenji as part of the team. He's not exactly limited by his physical form and can alter himself to become a woman (see: "Martha"). Given his strong personality and intellect, it would be great to see her dynamics with this new team.

She could act as the strategist/ muscle/ precog/ tp for the team.
    Isn't he dead?

The X-Men have been pretty blatantly and admittedly patterning themselves off gay movements, historical events and allegories for decades now. X2 even had a coming out scene, it doesn't get much more direct than that.

The race allegory meanwhile really hasn't really been relevant since the days when all the X-Men were white teenagers.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

† LINSUS X ZAYNT MALIK † Chase_Stein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Isn't he dead?
    I believe Asmus declared her as alive. I'd like to think in the same way as Astrid Bloom right now, and perhaps eventually, like QQ.
    "It doesn’t matter [if] you’re...Asian..., you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try." - Obama

† LINSUS X ZAYNT MALIK † Chase_Stein's Avatar

I also support Sage as the surprise character, but chances are it would probably be Dazzler.
    "It doesn’t matter [if] you’re...Asian..., you can make it here in America if you’re willing to try." - Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Chase_Stein View Post
    I also support Sage as the surprise character, but chances are it would probably be Dazzler.

Wood already confirmed that Dazzler has been claimed for another book (though that doesn't stop Storm, Rogue or Psylocke from appearing in this book). I think it will be Sage or one of those "junior" X-girls

Sabra Surprise! Kitty's gonna be pissed...
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

Judging by how much we know Brian likes Sabra, and how he's openly stated he'll try to squeeze her in, it wouldn't be much of a surprise would it?

(insert suitable gif of petulant child disappointed at their 'surprise' birthday party)
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

HopeistheGreatestofEvils Atomiq's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tetragene View Post
    Wood already confirmed that Dazzler has been claimed for another book (though that doesn't stop Storm, Rogue or Psylocke from appearing in this book). I think it will be Sage or one of those "junior" X-girls
    Maybe she'll join Uncanny Avengers? She's the sort of usually sidelined mutant Brevoort seems to be grabbing for beyond his big 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomiq View Post
    Maybe she'll join Uncanny Avengers? She's the sort of usually sidelined mutant Brevoort seems to be grabbing for beyond his big 2.
    Arcade steals her for Avengers Arena. He knows she's not a teen, but he's just had a huge crush on her since forever, like some real-world psycho obsessed with Kylie.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco