Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Default New Wood Interview: X-Men Readers, Vamp Jubes, Brawler Rogue and a Surprise Character

From Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/x-me...arvel-now.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Wood
    There's also someone who'll show up at the end of #1, a bit of a surprise/twist character appearance, but these are all secondary to the main six. I think they'll stay that way for at least the first year, if not longer.
    Also, this book is going to rock:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Wood
    But like you said, the X books all tend to have an identity, and this one is that of a straight forward action-adventure, epic fight scene, big villain, bombastic X-Men book. Classic, but not retro. An approach that fits perfectly with the straight-forward title "X-Men".
    Speaking of LGBT readers (and characters), we have Bling! appearing in issue #1, but I'd love to have decent gay male characters represented as well. We're still short on that.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I thought the surprise character was Pixie, non?
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I thought the surprise character was Pixie, non?
    No. Pixie's presence has been mentioned in every interview. This is someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    From Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/x-me...arvel-now.html

Also, this book is going to rock:

Speaking of LGBT readers (and characters), we have Bling! appearing in issue #1, but I'd love to have decent gay male characters represented as well. We're still short on that.
    I don't have a problem with there being a LGBT character on the team just as long as they don't go crazy and make Psylocke a lesbian, Bling is fine by me as would Karma(even though I've never been a big fan of her, but I believe that's mostly because when I got into comics the only thing that I knew about her was her sexuality and she hadn't showed up in years), or if Storm showed that she went both ways as many have surmised...just no sudden change for the shock value of it like putting Betsy and CLuster together becuase of how much she'd apparently love Fantomex that she didn't care if he's now a she...
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

Pixie, surge, magma and Dust

my god I wish it were Mercury. *clenches everything clenchable*

EDIT

screw that, I'd sell a black market liver for Cipher to be up in this piece.
    My X-Men Sketch Book

It's Skids. Her time is near.

Quote Originally Posted by lockerogue View Post
    It's Skids. Her time is near.
    IT'S TIME. I hope Skids sells them up the river just for the scene where Kitty breaks her face in half later.
    My X-Men Sketch Book

The mystery character is X-23 who shows up for a short while before being teleported back into AA. It totally makes sense.
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM|MISS AMERICA

Jeeeeeeaaaaaan.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

What an ignorant statement, in an ironically ignorant post.
    ~~ some troll

BANNED

I hope its Cassandra Nova.

I'm stuck on the first villain being some kind of mummudrai.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30x33 View Post
    I don't have a problem with there being a LGBT character on the team
    "BUT"

just as long as they don't go crazy and make Psylocke a lesbian, Bling is fine by me[*] as would Karma(even though I've never been a big fan of her, but I believe that's mostly because when I got into comics the only thing that I knew about her was her sexuality [**] and she hadn't showed up in years), or if Storm showed that she went both ways as many have surmised...just no sudden change for the shock value of it like putting Betsy and CLuster [***] together becuase of how much she'd apparently love Fantomex that she didn't care if he's now a she...
    *: That's because she's already a lesbian...
    **: Wow...
    ***: Nobody reading this title gives a shit about Cluster, lol

--

"Not Homophobic BUT Homophobia" aside, I would love to see Wood writing a gay male character. He gets it. You don't write the character any differently than you would otherwise, except for who they go to bed with at night--and that's not a big deal. Hopefully we can have a gay character who isn't flamboyant or a Glee kid (looking at you omgsogoodYoung Avengers). Ideally we could get a masculine (not hyper-masculine sportsdudebro "masc" but a guy--just a guy) with some hair on his face, chest, and balls. That'd be a nice change of pace.

I'd rather a brand new character, but I also wouldn't mind if they finally outed Iceman (but do we really need all his baggage? no thank you).
    Last edited by Quinnhop; 01-31-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Retired

Though I think certain people are probably jumping the gun by claiming that the "real" Rogue might be back, it's great to hear Wood describe Rogue as both a brawler and a wildcard.

That traitor Skids is still sloshing her way through the blood of Apocalypse. This is Karima's time to shine. Mercury is acceptable, but only as Bling!'s latest conquest. That's what it'll take for me to like her.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Veteran Member

Thing is you got to have some muscle to be a brawler...

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Flatman should guest star.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

san francisco - the free range twink farm

I will gladly accept a support cast role for Pixie. Just please, no wallpaper.