Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default New Wood Interview: X-Men Readers, Vamp Jubes, Brawler Rogue and a Surprise Character

From Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/x-me...arvel-now.html

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Wood
    There's also someone who'll show up at the end of #1, a bit of a surprise/twist character appearance, but these are all secondary to the main six. I think they'll stay that way for at least the first year, if not longer.
    Also, this book is going to rock:

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Wood
    But like you said, the X books all tend to have an identity, and this one is that of a straight forward action-adventure, epic fight scene, big villain, bombastic X-Men book. Classic, but not retro. An approach that fits perfectly with the straight-forward title "X-Men".
    Speaking of LGBT readers (and characters), we have Bling! appearing in issue #1, but I'd love to have decent gay male characters represented as well. We're still short on that.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I thought the surprise character was Pixie, non?
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I thought the surprise character was Pixie, non?
    No. Pixie's presence has been mentioned in every interview. This is someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    From Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/x-me...arvel-now.html

Also, this book is going to rock:

Speaking of LGBT readers (and characters), we have Bling! appearing in issue #1, but I'd love to have decent gay male characters represented as well. We're still short on that.
    I don't have a problem with there being a LGBT character on the team just as long as they don't go crazy and make Psylocke a lesbian, Bling is fine by me as would Karma(even though I've never been a big fan of her, but I believe that's mostly because when I got into comics the only thing that I knew about her was her sexuality and she hadn't showed up in years), or if Storm showed that she went both ways as many have surmised...just no sudden change for the shock value of it like putting Betsy and CLuster together becuase of how much she'd apparently love Fantomex that she didn't care if he's now a she...
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

Pixie, surge, magma and Dust

my god I wish it were Mercury. *clenches everything clenchable*

EDIT

screw that, I'd sell a black market liver for Cipher to be up in this piece.
    My X-Men Sketch Book

It's Skids. Her time is near.

Quote Originally Posted by lockerogue View Post
    IT'S TIME. I hope Skids sells them up the river just for the scene where Kitty breaks her face in half later.
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by lockerogue View Post
    I am not alone in the world after all. SKIDS!!!!!

:P

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30x33 View Post
    I don't have a problem with there being a LGBT character on the team just as long as they don't go crazy and make Psylocke a lesbian, Bling is fine by me as would Karma(even though I've never been a big fan of her, but I believe that's mostly because when I got into comics the only thing that I knew about her was her sexuality and she hadn't showed up in years), or if Storm showed that she went both ways as many have surmised...just no sudden change for the shock value of it like putting Betsy and CLuster together becuase of how much she'd apparently love Fantomex that she didn't care if he's now a she...
    People have such stiff views on sexuality. No one "becomes a lesbian" simply by having a romantic relationship with a woman. There are many people who have fallen for only one other of the gender they're not normally with. It happens. But then society feels this need to slap a label on people, and demands to know "Is So-and-So gay? Ermahgerd." Having a character like Psylocke who's only thus far had feelings for men develop feelings for a woman would not be a "sudden change for shock value." It'd be resembling something that happens on occasion in real life, and it would in no way invalidate the feelings for the previous men or the woman in question.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    People have such stiff views on sexuality. No one "becomes a lesbian" simply by having a romantic relationship with a woman. There are many people who have fallen for only one other of the gender they're not normally with. It happens. But then society feels this need to slap a label on people, and demands to know "Is So-and-So gay? Ermahgerd." Having a character like Psylocke who's only thus far had feelings for men develop feelings for a woman would not be a "sudden change for shock value." It'd be resembling something that happens on occasion in real life, and it would in no way invalidate the feelings for the previous men or the woman in question.
    True but unless there's a continuing storyline behind it then it is just for the shock value and such or if it's Cluster then it's to give a push to Fantomex, the problem wtih that would be that many people would then only want her with women from that day forward, since she did it once...much like Buffy...true it happens in real life but Betsy imho has never shown any inkling and that's a big change to a character to where not every future writer will agree with it, as Wood will not be the last writer to write her and I doubt that all of them would be for it, if I had to guess then I'd guess that it was Rachel or Storm or maybe Jubilee, besides which Betsy unfortunately will still be with the creepy Fantomex 3 and their feelings for her. Take Rictor for example, until PAD did a 180 and changed his sexuality Rictor was as straight as they come, Nicieza the writer that had written almost all fo what those fans who liked them together use admitted after leaving X-Force that he knew that some peopel felt that way and wrote what he did to tease them, nothing more.
    W/B Warpath/Siryn Sam/Tabitha I'll go now............................................... ...

Oh my god, this is a completely different thread and you've managed to bring your Fantomex/Psylocke vendetta here too.

BANNED

i hope this means we get to see rogue throwing cars at people.

Flatman should guest star.
    "Kryptonite-laced nail polish. Isn't it too divine? Under all that steel, just a man."
    -- Cheetah, Batman: The Brave and the Bold

Not a bad interview he seems to have a great ideas. However as a woman and a long time comic book reader I have to disagree with him the treatment of women in comics. Well as far as Marvel goes anyway. Marvel has for the most part done a good job at writing powerful yet very feminine women. Yes they do pander to guys in that they write about the ideal female meaning that yes while she is physically attractive. She also tends to be fearless, ambitious and smart. As opposed to writing the kind of woman that most (not all) tend to admire. Which generally girly, Harlequin heroine and sweet. I hope that Marvel never changes their characters to appeal to a general female reading audience.

and characters), we have Bling! appearing in issue #1, but I'd love to have decent gay male characters represented as well. We're still short on that.
    If I may be so bold...can I suggest Anole? I truly think that he's a great character. Flawed but excellent.

Unfortunately he's a kid (and yes not easy on the eyes). But I really like him alot. He's the kind of character I would have loved to have read about as a teenager.
    "People who believe they are successful, carry themselves well."-Peggy Klaus