Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Aspiring Spider-Man StepsOntheMoon's Avatar

The best part of the preview is Miles ripping apart his T-shirt. It's a TSHIRT miles, you could have just taken it off

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by LJ-90 View Post
    I don't know, I think Venom just believes what Betty said out loud in her apartment. But I guess we'll see, at least this kinda proves that Venom isn't Aaron.

Do you have a link? I think he's almost 14 though, he said so when he met Captain America.
    I may have taken this the wrong way but here.
    https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...71154358423552

Quote Originally Posted by sage6paths View Post
    I may have taken this the wrong way but here.
    https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...71154358423552
    He is talking about the series itself not in story time.

Did any1 get dis issue?

Hw cum we/SZ aint seeing any discussion thread yet?

Aspiring Spider-Man StepsOntheMoon's Avatar

I'm like 100% sure new Venom is Dr. Marcus

ummm didn't Miles saved Captain America and proclaim a hero in national tv and was proved not responsible for the Prowler death. Why are the cops still shooting at him and demand he freeze. haven't they learned anything from Peter Parker. Is it me or Bendis is bad for writing law enforcement in the MU and Ultimate.

Quote Originally Posted by StepsOntheMoon View Post
    I'm like 100% sure new Venom is Dr. Marcus
    Everyone should have been like 100% sure the Venom was Dr. Marcus like 2 months ago when it was made painfully obvious in USM #16.1
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rzerox21xx View Post
    ummm didn't Miles saved Captain America and proclaim a hero in national tv and was proved not responsible for the Prowler death. Why are the cops still shooting at him and demand he freeze. haven't they learned anything from Peter Parker. Is it me or Bendis is bad for writing law enforcement in the MU and Ultimate.
    They're authoritarian it's sort of their thing. ;)

I've seen three policemen dressed in civilian clothes beat up a 17 year old for smoking a joint in front of them and then they just left the poor kid and walked away. Police can be like thugs. I myself was beaten half to death by a police man with his truncheon just for singing "we all live in a fascist regime" like the yellow submarine song. It happened in Moss Side in Manchester and had to have three staples in my head at A&E. I wasn't doing anything illegal, I wasn't rioting or damaging anything. I was just singing a song. I wasn't arrested. Just got savagely beaten up. I'll admit, I was winding them up. But I didn't do ANYTHING that was illegal. That was four years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post

I've seen three policemen dressed in civilian clothes beat up a 17 year old for smoking a joint in front of them and then they just left the poor kid and walked away. Police can be like thugs. I myself was beaten half to death by a police man with his truncheon just for singing "we all live in a fascist regime" like the yellow submarine song. It happened in Moss Side in Manchester and had to have three staples in my head at A&E. I wasn't doing anything illegal, I wasn't rioting or damaging anything. I was just singing a song. I wasn't arrested. Just got savagely beaten up. I'll admit, I was winding them up. But I didn't do ANYTHING that was illegal. That was four years ago.
    Cops are just people. And like all people, some are good, some are bad, and most are somewhere in-between.

Bendis does seem to have a tendency to write law enforcement as rather...uptight, though-- including SHIELD. It's like there's not a single sympathetic or empathetic agent/officer on Earth under his pen. The ones who aren't super-mean, like Maria Hill, tend to be incompetent at their jobs.
    "Before you save anyone else, you have to save yourself."
    ~Gregory Maguire

wow, im sorry to hear about that. did you sue?

I put up a review thread for anyone looking to discuss this issue.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

BANNED

Excellent. Really liking this arc so far. I can't wait to see MJ!!

Quote Originally Posted by Time_to_Zap View Post
    Cops are just people. And like all people, some are good, some are bad, and most are somewhere in-between.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by rzerox21xx View Post
    wow, im sorry to hear about that. did you sue?
    I tried. I went to a solicitor and got my injuries photographed and documented and I wrote a complaint. I sat being interviewed by a constable whilst he and my solicitor wrote what I said. I thought I was going to at least get some compensation but because I couldn't get either their name or issue number, it was dismissed due to lack of evidence. It was the worst time of my life and it made me very angry. It was a long time ago now though, so I'm ok. :)

I'm not really happy with Venom's new design to be honest. He looks like Xenomorph from Alien put on a loooooooooot of weight.

Spider-Man Forever!!! spiderfreak1011's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Exactly! I don't know why people even considered that it could be Aaron... I still say it's Marcus, though it could be Urich. I still say that his line to Betty about stealing something that wasn't hers, points strictly to Marcus though, because of the OZ Spider. And now he wants it back, so he's seeking out the new Spider-Man for it, or at least info on where he got it from initially. While talking to Betty, Marcus came to the conclusion that his spider created the new Spider-Man and Betty refused to hand it over. It just makes sense he would go after Betty and then Spider-Man to get it.

Yeah he said he's almost 14. Which means that he was almost 14 when the series started. There's no way a year has gone by. Miles hasn't DONE anything yet. He barely just got his costume. If Bendis thinks that a year has gone by for Miles and a year only went by for Peter, he seriously needs to take a look at a calendar and realize what exactly a year is...
    Seriously, i agree with you. Miles definitely had to have almost been 14 by the start of UCSM, because its impossible for it to have already been a year. There are only 20 issues and its only been like probably a month or 2 in story time, a year would be pathetic. If Peter was really Spider-Man for a whole year(which he wasn't due to continuity, i still say he died at 17) then Miles should have as much stuff happen to him as it did with Peter before Bendis announces that Miles has been Spidey for a year. And Peter had almost 200 issues worth of story, while Miles barely has 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don't think Bendis cares out keeping timelines correct. He de-aged Peter and now seems to be wanting to super-age Miles. Whatever fits his story.
    It's still really annoying that he does crap like that, he could at least TRY TO KEEP IT CONSISTENT. But nope, he wants to wreck the timeline as we know it. Unless he retcons it and says that in the UU, 12 months does not = one whole year, and that its something like, 18 months = 1 year, or something to make it canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Psst Miles, you're doing it wrong. You're only supposed to rip open your shirt to reveal your costume when its a button up shirt. Otherwise you're gonna waste a lot of perfectly good shirts.
    Lol, i can see this becoming and issue later. Like later on Miles has no shirts to wear for school, and then he has to wear a jacket with nothing underneath in order to hide it.

Excellent. Really liking this arc so far. I can't wait to see MJ!!

Agreed.

I tried. I went to a solicitor and got my injuries photographed and documented and I wrote a complaint. I sat being interviewed by a constable whilst he and my solicitor wrote what I said. I thought I was going to at least get some compensation but because I couldn't get either their name or issue number, it was dismissed due to lack of evidence. It was the worst time of my life and it made me very angry. It was a long time ago now though, so I'm ok. :)
    Wow, that sucks man. I feel so bad for you. Too bad you couldn't get any compensation or anything.
    Bring back Ultimate Peter Parker