Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheOther View Post
    You could be on to something, but that sounds dreadful.
    Well, twisted and weird is the name of the game for the Superior Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Carlie may be a love-sick nerd, but I don't think she's going to date the guy who killed one of her best friends.
    Oh, I'm not saying Carlie will date Doc Ock either, or even want to. I'm saying it could be possible that, in spite of what she knows and having every reason to hate him, she ends up falling for him in spite of herself and against her better judgement. After all, Doc Ock is an intellectual bad boy.
    --Mike McNulty, aka Stillanerd

Blog: Yes, I Am STILL a Nerd!

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Intellectual bad boy.

Yeeaaaah...
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

That was a very amusing preview, I am surprised by how much I am liking Superior Spiderman.

Intellectual bad boy.

Yeeaaaah...
    Well, look at his track record. Aunt May almost married him. Stunner fell heads over heals with him. Carolyn Trainer idolized Doc Ock so much she created mechanical arms for herself and tried many attempts to bring him back to life. And Mary Jane, although she did think he was Peter, did professes her feelings to him in spite of the fact that he acted more like himself than Peter. Heck, he's had better luck than almost all of Spidey's rogue's gallery.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 01-31-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Carlie may be a love-sick nerd, but I don't think she's going to date the guy who killed one of her best friends.
    I hate Carlie Cooper. Peter really went down in quality when he dated her.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Well, look at his track record. Aunt May almost married him. Stunner fell heads over heals with him. Carolyn Trainer idolized Doc Ock so much she created mechanical arms for herself and tried many attempts to bring him back to life. And Mary Jane, although she did think he was Peter, did professes her feelings to him in spite of the fact that he acted more like Peter than Doc Ock. Heck, he's had a better track record than almost all of Spidey's rogues gallery.
    Don't forget about the Leisure Suit. Dock has more style than a little bit.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    Exactly! Doc Ock may be an evil and arrogant mad scientist, but he's also got plenty of class and charm to spare (something which some previous writers on Spider-Man tended to forget).
    Last edited by stillanerd; 01-31-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Exactly! Doc Ock may be a evil and arrogant mad scientist, but he's also class and charm to spare (something which some previous writers on Spider-Man tended to forget).
    Man somebody post scans of the Leisure suit. Writers old and new need to pay homage. Editors too.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Well, look at his track record. Aunt May almost married him. Stunner fell heads over heals with him. Carolyn Trainer idolized Doc Ock so much she created mechanical arms for herself and tried many attempts to bring him back to life. And Mary Jane, although she did think he was Peter, did professes her feelings to him in spite of the fact that he acted more like himself than Peter. Heck, he's had better luck than almost all of Spidey's rogue's gallery.

Forgetting Mary Alice, although his ma "cock-blocked" him from that one.

Pratchett: "Obviously I've changed my mind."
    Carlie: "Lot of that going around."

Oooh, this is going to be an interesting team-up.

I hope Peter keeps those spiderbots when he gets his body back. Love the jab at the Bat-signal as well.

You know I just thought of an interesting angle. Previously, I speculated that Carlie will confront Doc Ock with her suspicions and Doc Ock tells her "well let's say you're hypothesis is correct--which it's not--what are you going to do about it? It's your word against mine and besides, would you really put everyone at risk by depriving the world of Spider-Man?" Thus Carlie, although she knows, reluctantly has to work with Doc Ock and keep his secret. And over the course of Superior Spider-Man, she winds up falling in love with Doc Ock in spite of herself. In other words, she becomes Doc Ock's "Mary Jane."
    Slott probably saw this post and is changing the script of the issue as we speak.
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Why does nu-Spidey have claws?
    Why is the big toe separate in his boots?

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

I bet it's a different guy in the Cardiac suit. Probably Lady Cardiac.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Courtesy of Newsarama.

So wait a minute? Does this mean spoilers:
    Batman and Commissioner Gordon are idiots?
    end of spoilers
    yep. Its all true too. That's why it works so well.

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Intellectual bad boy.

Yeeaaaah...
    The girls have been all over Ock ever since he got sent to the principal's office for his "Pi is my bitch" t-shirt.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Heavily disagree with Peter going down in quality. Did you see Carlie in her initial appearances? He turned a drab girl into a smoking hot model complete with Spidey tattoo. Pete actually brings out the quality in females hes involved with.