View Poll Results: Are Steve and Tony Running Some Sort of Conspiracy?

Voters
25. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes. The Uncanny mutants have a job to do and that's the bottom line.

12 48.00%
  • No. Captain America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

15 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    BANNED

vision and monica aren't employed at all. well, maybe monica but who knows. i wonder if wanda and havok gossip when the celebrity avengers retreat into stark tower to have private meetings?

❤ Walking with thee ❤ Ian Pressman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    there's 18-20 slots on the celebrity team. steve can't keep two of them free for his mutant female employees?
    You're running on the assumption that Steve didn't bother asking other mutants. Have ye not considered that he asked, and they responded with: 'nooooo thank you'? Considering what a hostile nut Betsy Braddock has become over in Uncanny X-force, and Quentin Quire's recent attempt to mutilate Steve's mind, it would be unreasonable to assume that the X-men and their affiliates are all open to heeding the call.
    I can ruin you with two sentences.
    There is a clown watching you sleep.
    He isn't smiling.

vision and monica aren't employed at all. well, maybe monica but who knows. i wonder if wanda and havok gossip when the celebrity avengers retreat into stark tower to have private meetings?
    Canonnball and Sunspot weren't employed either until they got offered the job... now they're employed.

Different people were probably chosen for different reason. We can speculate on why Sunspot was chosen over Rogue, but it's impossible to say.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Being one of only maybe half a dozen marvel characters capable of carrying their own title indefinately arguably makes them pretty special too.
    That I Indeed Agree with as well, by our 4th Wall World perspective.

Good Point Friend.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

The big reveal will be that Uncanny Avengers is nothing more than a new Avengers Academy. Take mutants who have demonstrated villainous tendencies, which all five (I'm including Sunfire) have, and keep them under a watchful human eye. I'm sure Tony has supplied some miracle nanites to neutralize them if they get uppity.

Cannonball and Sunspot on Avengers make Uncanny Avengers pointless, so there must be something more to it.

For me Wanda was in core team with Simon and Janet.

And since Rogue is no longer exclusive, I see no point to the rest also be unique

Quote Originally Posted by Caio View Post

And since Rogue is no longer exclusive, I see no point to the rest also be unique
    I actually kind of like seeing Wanda, Jan, and Simon on the same team. There's a nice little old school Avengers feel there. In some ways, I wonder if that book won't feel more like a classic Avengers book than the Avengers book because of the make up.

I actually kind of like seeing Wanda, Jan, and Simon on the same team. There's a nice little old school Avengers feel there. In some ways, I wonder if that book won't feel more like a classic Avengers book than the Avengers book because of the make up.
    Right? That's more or less how I feel already. Assemble and Uncanny feelmuch more like Avengers, imho.

Hickman's book is def fun, but it feels less like the ongoing adventures of the Avengers and more like a side project. Like a limited series or something, you know?
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caio View Post

That is what I am looking most forward too in this book as well. Seeing all 3 of these great Characters back together again. How they will interact and help out one another.

It is great to see them all come home Finally.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by UserIDGoesHere View Post
    The big reveal will be that Uncanny Avengers is nothing more than a new Avengers Academy. Take mutants who have demonstrated villainous tendencies, which all five (I'm including Sunfire) have, and keep them under a watchful human eye. I'm sure Tony has supplied some miracle nanites to neutralize them if they get uppity.
    Well considering the AvsX bullcrap, I'd probably do the same.
    Can't be too careful of those X-Victims. Can't allow them to be left to their own devices
    should they cause another hero vs hero event nonsense.

maybe wanda should understand the concept of trespassing on private property.
    Sure, because people who trespass for such awful purposes as paying respects privately to someone whom they admired should be punishable by harrassment and assault.

Not saying SW handled the situation perfectly, but neither did Rogue. You'd think that two former members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants would have some more sympathy for one another.

Quote Originally Posted by PupsOfWar View Post
    Y'all know they don't like to have characters outside the established A-list appearing regularly in more than one book at once.

Probably it's not considered efficient use of IP.

Don't worry about it.
    NOOOOOO!!!! It's clearly Captain America's fault!!!!!

Again, there are 18-20 slots. And likely 100+ potential candidates on the team. You can't leave slots open for everyone.

You can make an arguement that he should have put Rogue instead of Wolverine. You can make an arguement he should have used Vision or Photon instead of either, and they're not being used at all.

There's no "right" answer there. They picked who they picked for whatever reasons, and as long as they can do the job I don't think anyone necessarily feel slighted over it.
    As others have said, the characters who have double duty are all huge characters with mass appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by UserIDGoesHere View Post
    Cannonball and Sunspot on Avengers make Uncanny Avengers pointless, so there must be something more to it.
    Nah, different mission statement. One team deals with traditional Avengers type threats, and one deals specifically with mutant related events and happenings. The fact that both teams have mutants on them doesn't change that.

Quote Originally Posted by manos View Post
    Well considering the AvsX bullcrap, I'd probably do the same.
    Can't be too careful of those X-Victims. Can't allow them to be left to their own devices
    should they cause another hero vs hero event nonsense.
    That is essentially the fear the X-Men have in regards to Cyclops though. They fear a mutant Civil War on the horizen. I'd assume that's an X-event that Bendis has pencilled in somewhere down the line... though I wonder if the Avengers will have any part in that. Aside from Logan, who obviously is an Avenger in addition to being an X-Men.

why is tony offering some rookie smasher a spot on the celebrity team when rogue is already working for steve?

is he afraid rogue won't fall in line when he barks an order?
    are we really expected to believe shang-chi is better qualified to handle alien maniacs better than this man?
    he is a seasoned space pirate and the leader of the avengers.

why does steve think havok can't handle two jobs at once?
    Why do you assume that Rogue or Havok would want to join the Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Why do you assume that Rogue or Havok would want to join the Avengers?
    I think that's a big part of the reason why guys like Cannonball and Sunspot were asked.

I think they were guys that actually might be excited about joining the Avengers. Someone like Havok or Rogue might do it... but it wouldn't necessarily be a case of them necessarily wanting to.

There are some super heroes that I think legitimately would be excited about being in the Avengers, because I do think there is somewhat of an in-universe perspective that they are sort of the "big leagues" or whatever. But someone like Havok probably wouldn't think that way. Someone like Cannonball I think might.

Nope. It's too early to say either way. Most likely it's your anti Cap/IM nerdrage rearing it's head again.

havok, wanda, and rogue are serving some supposedly important role for the avengers and the world. they are representatives of living social commentary and integration. they are the bridge between man and mutant.

or so the party line tells us.

meanwhile, avengers has been disbanded and reformed with captain steve and iron man in charge. they are going for bigger, and better. they have to get bigger and they did.

but why did havok, wanda, and rogue not get an invitation? were they too busy? more busy than steve, wolverine, and thor who are on both teams?

is steve rogers purposefully keeping them as hired help for the avengers? are they not good enough for the big team? is this all just a bit too suspicious?

are the uncanny avenger mutants just the hired help?