Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Official B&B Fan Questions Thread

This is the thread in which you can ask questions of Bob Harras and Bobbie Chase for our monthly DC Comics Q&A session, B&B.

This is NOT a discussion thread. This is the thread that CBR's staff will go through to pick questions from. Discussion threads are automatically generated for each B&B installment, so please keep chatter on those pieces to their respective threads. This one is JUST FOR QUESTIONS.

And this should go without saying, but all questions that are rude, accusatory or otherwise uncivil will be dismissed out of hand.

Let's go!

Bob and Bobbie,

I am a big fan of the New 52. I feel like since the initiative has been rolled out, that DC Comics have become much more exciting across the board, and the issues have an energy that was somewhat missing beforehand. However, I have noticed that over the past year, many supporting titles have become tied to larger events or continuity, and have less of a chance to strike out on their own. For example, most of the Batman, Green Lantern, and Superman titles are constantly tied into mini-events within those lines (Death of the Family, Rise of the Third Army, H'El on Earth), and many titles within the Dark line are more driven by inter-continuity than they used to be, with the Rotworld event and John Constantine seemingly popping up everywhere. I would like to see supporting books carve out their own identity and take more creative risks. Can you speak to this challenge and DC's plans to ensure that supporting books maintain a diverse and creatively risk-taking voice?

We are now over a year past the start of the new line. I'm wondering will DC stop calling it the new 52 in the near future?

Dear B&B,
    Why is Teen Titans so bad? It's supposed to be fun....
    (I hope this doesn't qualifies as rude)
    Comic Book Deaths 2012
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7SvM6adTeY

Bring back Ultimate DAZZLER!!

People have often asked about the possible return of old favorites from the pre-New 52 Universe (or Post-Crisis, whichever you prefer), and have often been told there are no plans or they wouldn't fit in plans for current DC Comics. I was wondering if you'd consider a book set in the pre-New 52/Post-Crisis universe and outside the "real" Universe, featuring characters like Wally West, Donna Troy, Cassandra Cain, Connor Hawke, Miss Martian, etc.? Call it "Earth 3" maybe? Or perhaps something like Marvel's old series "Exiles", with characters teaming up from various incarnations of the DCU and Elseworlds?
    A Fool for the Foom

I'm loving much of the New 52, but part of the fun for me is seeing the old made new again particularly with characters that might allow a bit more wiggle room. That in mind, are there any plans for a New 52 version of the Elongated Man and Sue?
    Last edited by Den; 01-31-2013 at 10:03 AM.
    All cruel people describe themselves as paragons of frankness.-Tennessee Williams

any plans for another book set on Earth 2?

Are there any plans for an adventure/ comedy comic? Something along the lines of Volume 1 of Justice League International? There's too much unrelenting gloom and grittiness in the books recently to be honest.
    Art and comics!
    illeity.deviantart.com

I have two questions:

1. I've been really enjoying Earth 2. Are there any plans in the works to expand on that part of the universe?

2. Are there any plans to add any more titles to the Young Justice group or are you planning to fold the remaining titles into another group?
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Will Huntress and Power Girl join a team at some point, or are they going to be winging it on their own indefinitely?

Dear B&B

How did you guys decide on April for the WTF month. Why pick April instead of say September and have these universe changing events bookend the second year of the new 52, like how the first year was ended with a look to the past.

Also are we going to see any more books added to the Young Justice line. Would love to see a return to Static or a Star girl or Kid Flash series.
    Dc: Action Comics/Animal Man/Swamp Thing/Earth-2/Green Arrow/Batman/Threshold/Batwoman/Justice League/Green Lantern/Teen Titans/Superman/Justice League Dark/I,Vampire.

Dear B&B,

1) Any chance that J. Michael Straczynski may write some book for The New 52? Now that Grant Morrison has retired from monthly super-hero comics, I believe it would be a great time for JMS to enter The New 52.

2) Will James Robinson and Brian Azzarello write another book for The New 52 besides Earth-2 and Wonder Woman? I think they are too talented to write only one book.

3) When will The Trinity War be launched?

Hi B&B,

Is there any chance we'll see Kaldur’ahm back in the comic books as Aqualad any time soon?

Is DC going to make any effort to make some comics that are fun and more all-ages appropriate? Dark and gritty is fine, but not at the exclusion of everything else.

Also, who exactly in the DC head office did Stephanie Brown piss off so badly that you had to treat BQM the way you did?
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain" Steven Pinker

One other question. I was reading about seven books at the time of the reboot, that dwindled and eventually dropped to none after it. I realise you guys are happy at getting some increases in readership, but the move. Also alienated some people. Have you guys thought at all about trying to win some of those left cold by the reboot back?
    "Man invented language to satisfy his deep need to complain" Steven Pinker