Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    There's an argument that it doesn't matter what happened in Superior Spider-Man #2, that it was inappropriate to ever do anything in a Spider-Man comic that allows anyone to come to the conclusion that Spock and Mary Jane may consummate their relationship at some point in the future, with MJ unaware that Spock is not Peter Parker.
    Were people this upset when Alicia was revealed to be a Skrull. heck she even married the Human Torch if I recall. They had a child too - which was a weapon of sorts.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Majinoaw View Post
    Were people this upset when Alicia was revealed to be a Skrull. heck she even married the Human Torch if I recall. They had a child too - which was a weapon of sorts.
    Nope. They were also not upset when Jarvis was revealed to be a Skrull, or when Reed Richards was replaced by an alternate version from another dimension in the 1970s.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

The curious one.

There was definitely a case of rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    There was definitely a case of rape.
    Johnny was manipulated for years by Lyja, or whatever her name was... That too me is more damaging than this foolish Spock/Mary Jane debate ... but that happened long ago, before everyone could so freely communicate their opinions on message boards.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Nope. They were also not upset when Jarvis was revealed to be a Skrull, or when Reed Richards was replaced by an alternate version from another dimension in the 1970s.
    Was Skrull Jarvis intimate with aunt May, I can't remember.

Wouldn't matter if there was, people I've seen on these boards are mostly only fake outraged about the "rape" in Spidey due to them not liking the people working on the comics. If ANY of the people clamoring on about rape in these comics actually gave a shit there are real rape victims in the real world that need real help, real organizations that can use real money and real peoples time etc etc. For the most part, it's just a lot of sound and fury on these boards.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

Quote Originally Posted by Schmed View Post
    Wouldn't matter if there was, people I've seen on these boards are mostly only fake outraged about the "rape" in Spidey due to them not liking the people working on the comics. If ANY of the people clamoring on about rape in these comics actually gave a shit there are real rape victims in the real world that need real help, real organizations that can use real money and real peoples time etc etc. For the most part, it's just a lot of sound and fury on these boards.
    I agree with this. I mentioned something like this before and I was called shady because of it. I said that mentioning this was disrespectful to rape victims. I even mentioned to the mods that they need to impose a ban about regarding this rape issue because it's totally off base and off putting.

I agree with this. I mentioned something like this before and I was called shady because of it. I said that mentioning this was disrespectful to rape victims. I even mentioned to the mods that they need to impose a ban about regarding this rape issue because it's totally off base and off putting.
    I agree with you 100%, this kind of fake outrage is insulting to actual rape victims, it's trivializing actual rape. It sickens me to see some of these folks around here pretend to be upset for false reasons. It's despicable and dishonest to the utmost extremes.
    Why should I want to make anything up? Life's bad enough as it is without trying to invent any more of it.

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

The curious one.

I agree with you 100%, this kind of fake outrage is insulting to actual rape victims, it's trivializing actual rape. It sickens me to see some of these folks around here pretend to be upset for false reasons. It's despicable and dishonest to the utmost extremes.
    So you know the actual opinions -without ever having met any of us in person- of everyone who posted on this subject? And further you know that no one who's posted negatively about the this subject has never donated to a rape organization or helped anyone who has been raped? Astounding. You must work for the NSA and have complete top secret files on us all.

The problem with this opinion is ultimately its a guess, and one that is colored by your own biases. You don't know that they don't do that, and I find it rather silly to use rape victims as a shield like that. Its really disrespectful.

Edit: Not to say you aren't wrong in a general sense, but man its really hard to decipher motive of individual people on the internet, and painting in broad strokes is just never a good idea.
    Last edited by charlesthehammer; 02-04-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    So you know the actual opinions -without ever having met any of us in person- of everyone who posted on this subject? And further you know that no one who's posted negatively about the this subject has never donated to a rape organization or helped anyone who has been raped? Astounding. You must work for the NSA and have complete top secret files on us all.
    I said most people, but YOU took offense. My statement was sound, it was a concerned statement, it was not directed at you and yet YOU decided you needed to mock it. Rather telling isn't it . Do you do anything to help real rape victims? Please feel free to enlighten me. If you would like, I can PM you places to help in your area , places to donate time/money to if it helps ( I do a bit of this type of help/work myself and can help network, in fact would be more than happy to help). But this type of behavior, well it's not helping anything. Work against the problem, not with it.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    The problem with this opinion is ultimately its a guess, and one that is colored by your own biases. You don't know that they don't do that, and I find it rather silly to use rape victims as a shield like that. Its really disrespectful.

Edit: Not to say you aren't wrong in a general sense, but man its really hard to decipher motive of individual people on the internet, and painting in broad strokes is just never a good idea.
    The edit is nice, but I don't use rape victims as anything. I have no idea what you think I'm shielding against I don't work for a comic company. I would respectfully ask you to not phrase something to me like that again, please. The only people that are gonna get offended by what I said are the people doing the things I said. End of story.

It is easy to decipher the motives of some people on here, a long history of posting habits goes a long, long ways.

Also, I never said people didn't help, didn't donate time or money, I just said that there are places to actually do that sort of thing and if they cared as much as they sounded like they do on the boards, they WOULD. Like I said, it's pretty easy to tell, people that DO do these things are not going to get mad that I posted that people CAN do these things.

The edit is nice, but I don't use rape victims as anything. I have no idea what you think I'm shielding against I don't work for a comic company. I would respectfully ask you to not phrase something to me like that again, please. The only people that are gonna get offended by what I said are the people doing the things I said. End of story.

It is easy to decipher the motives of some people on here, a long history of posting habits goes a long, long ways.

Also, I never said people didn't help, didn't donate time or money, I just said that there are places to actually do that sort of thing and if they cared as much as they sounded like they do on the boards, they WOULD. Like I said, it's pretty easy to tell, people that DO do these things are not going to get mad that I posted that people CAN do these things.
    Fair enough, and I will cop to this being a case where my own biases have colored this conversation in an unnecessary way.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

correct. I recall seeing a few post of "wow i wonder if they did it" but thats it.

The curious one.

I said most people, but YOU took offense. My statement was sound, it was a concerned statement, it was not directed at you and yet YOU decided you needed to mock it. Rather telling isn't it . Do you do anything to help real rape victims? Please feel free to enlighten me. If you would like, I can PM you places to help in your area , places to donate time/money to if it helps ( I do a bit of this type of help/work myself and can help network, in fact would be more than happy to help). But this type of behavior, well it's not helping anything. Work against the problem, not with it.
    Well I consider myself most people. I'm one of 'they', 'them', 'the great un-washed', 'the forgotten man'. I'm the jaywalker, the guy who cuts you off in traffic. You see we are all 'most people' at one time or another in our lives. When you use an all enveloping generalization then you're going to catch people like me. I'm sorry if I over reacted but I hear terms like this all the time on the tv news show. "The American People Want..." and the person goes on to say what he or she wants having never consulted me -one of the "American Persons" on the matter to see if I disagree or not. I'm sorry but it tends to grate on me.

By the way as I recall Johnny and the Skrull did not have kids and the Reed from the Alternate Earth didn't sleep with Sue -though he wanted to.