Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    Let's be honest, anyone who thought "that" was going to happen was seriously off their rocker. There was never a chance of that happening.
    I don't know about that, this is marvel after all. In my opinion having the characters do despicable, unthinkably horrible things to each other is pretty much what they do. Especially male to female characters. Worse the act, the more angst and regret for the redemption story and without redemption stories they don't have much else.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    I don't know about that, this is marvel after all.
    What was the rating on the cover of the issue in solicit?

T+

and here is the rating system:

ALL AGES - appropriate for all ages.
    A - Appropriate for age 9 and up.
    T+ TEENS AND UP - Appropriate for most readers 12 and up, parents are advised that they might want to read before or with younger children.
    PARENTAL ADVISORY - 15 years and older. Similar to T+ but featuring more mature themes and/or more graphic imagery.
    MAX: EXPLICIT CONTENT - 18 years old. Most Mature Readers books will fall under the MAX comics banner (created specifically for mature content titles), MAX and Mature-themed titles will continue to be designed to appear distinct from mainline Marvel titles, with the "MAX: Explicit Content" label very prominent on the cover. MAX titles will not be sold on the newsstand, and they will not be marketed to younger readers.

Now lets keep in mind Alias #1 that featured luke cage and his wife having sex..... you determine what kind you believe they had... it was under the MAX rating.

So do we really think marvel was going to show rape under the T+ label when its established a whole ratings category for such things with the MAX rating?

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post

T+

<SNIP>

So do we really think marvel was going to show rape under the T+ label when its established a whole ratings category for such things with the MAX rating?
    This. Back in the 80's the only reference to sexual assault I read was Sharon Ventura's flashback scenes in Fantastic Four about being held down whle the goons of the Power Broker (or whoever the chemist was) took an "interest" in her and she couldn't do anything about t, resulting in her misandry. Nothing even remotely explicit shown on-panel.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Spider Powered Time Lord Spider-Mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    So? Where did you fall on the issue of the-thing-we-said-that-wasn't-going-to-happen in SSM #2...

...which (no surprise at all) DIDN'T happen in SSM #2?

;-)

http://twitpic.com/bzrfub
    If Doc Ock is in Peter's body and is alone in Peter's apartment with an "adult" magazine, will he technically rape himself (Peter)?
    SPIDER-MAN: Hey there, my name's Spider-Man, and this is my trusty sidekick Wolverine!
    WOLVERINE: *Growls*
    (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

The curious one.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post

T+

and here is the rating system:

ALL AGES - appropriate for all ages.
    A - Appropriate for age 9 and up.
    T+ TEENS AND UP - Appropriate for most readers 12 and up, parents are advised that they might want to read before or with younger children.
    PARENTAL ADVISORY - 15 years and older. Similar to T+ but featuring more mature themes and/or more graphic imagery.
    MAX: EXPLICIT CONTENT - 18 years old. Most Mature Readers books will fall under the MAX comics banner (created specifically for mature content titles), MAX and Mature-themed titles will continue to be designed to appear distinct from mainline Marvel titles, with the "MAX: Explicit Content" label very prominent on the cover. MAX titles will not be sold on the newsstand, and they will not be marketed to younger readers.

Now lets keep in mind Alias #1 that featured luke cage and his wife having sex..... you determine what kind you believe they had... it was under the MAX rating.

I think that the debate has been whether or not sexual intercourse between Doc Ock in Peter's body and MJ when she is not aware of persona change would be rape. With that definition in doubt I believe that marvel would take the chance and later claim that they didn't realize that people would take it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    So? Where did you fall on the issue of the-thing-we-said-that-wasn't-going-to-happen in SSM #2...

...which (no surprise at all) DIDN'T happen in SSM #2?

;-)

http://twitpic.com/bzrfub
    I do not know! How about making SpOck getting back together with Stunner?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Mike View Post
    If Doc Ock is in Peter's body and is alone in Peter's apartment with an "adult" magazine, will he technically rape himself (Peter)?
    Technically, yes. lol Peter is obviously an explicitly against the idea of Ock touching his body.

I wonder how much lawyers make in the Marvel Universe. Legal study is hard enough in real world context.
    Favorites: Jean Grey, Storm, The Wolverine, The Iceman, The Beast, The Rogue, Kid Omega, Oya, Broo, Kid Gladiator, Mags, Pryde
    The Diary of a Supa-Cool Nerd!

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

I think that the debate has been whether or not sexual intercourse between Doc Ock in Peter's body and MJ when she is not aware of persona change would be rape. With that definition in doubt I believe that marvel would take the chance and later claim that they didn't realize that people would take it that way.
    You replied to a guy that said anyone who thought it would happen in the book was "off their rocker" and again, showing the act will only ever occur in a max rated book. If the book is T+ then you can debate all you want, but it wont change that it wont occur in a T+ book.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Egg View Post
    Technically, yes. lol Peter is obviously an explicitly against the idea of Ock touching his body.

I wonder how much lawyers make in the Marvel Universe. Legal study is hard enough in real world context.
    Man, they should totally get that guy who wrote all those superhuman law stories in She-Hulk to write Spider-Man! Crap, what was his name...
    Who are Spider-Man's Greatest Villains? Find out here!

Yeah. They should totally slot that guy in.

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    I do not know! How about making SpOck getting back together with Stunner?
    I think that should happen, would make things very interesting and with access to Horizon's tech it is something he could do.

Or they can go the chameleon way and just "clarify it" later.

As to the topic, it happened like I thought it would, it was creepy and really unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    Or they can go the chameleon way and just "clarify it" later.

As to the topic, it happened like I thought it would, it was creepy and really unnecessary.
    I don't think it was unnecessary. And while it was slightly creepy how Otto chose to relive the memories, I think that it was better than the alternative and showed how little, yet also how far, he has come as a result of #700. One of Slott's better issues to date, and I think #3 is going to be even better

Quote Originally Posted by Russell View Post
    I don't think it was unnecessary. And while it was slightly creepy how Otto chose to relive the memories, I think that it was better than the alternative and showed how little, yet also how far, he has come as a result of #700. One of Slott's better issues to date, and I think #3 is going to be even better
    I was more talking about the ending for the unnecessary part. I feel at this point we get it, you can stop hammering at it. You have established it, and those who are going to accept the explanation have already accepted it.

Plus it made MJ look really bad, which has been a constant in SSM.
    Last edited by charlesthehammer; 02-02-2013 at 06:28 PM.

I'm confused: Octavius ​​Peter raped? o_o
    Peter's body, but his mind .... poor boy and I thought that the memory of kissing his aunt was the worst thing that had happened. XD
    Whatever each one, the comic did not like, ie Octavius ​​boasts constantly stay one step ahead of everything, all the number that Mary Jane attempt was with him and eventually repented? Does not make sense. If you really are ready should predict this.
    Worse, still showing Mary Jane like an idiot.
    With this number the baptism: "Urged spock"
    Last edited by SPIDER-FAN(1); 02-02-2013 at 08:21 PM.