Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    100% alive since 1978 Ben Smith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    I didn't participate in the thread, but I find using potential rape as a plot point and then teasing fans about it to be pretty distasteful.
    Good thing nobody at Marvel ever did that then
    "I'm sending him a bouquet of cans."

SW

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Uatu Jackson. He said he invented a ghost-trapping device in Avenging Spider-Man #15.1, after all. Foreshadowing?
    Peter's not a ghost

SW

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Smith View Post
    or maybe they're no longer as obsessed as you apparently still are
    Obsessed is a strong word. I'm a fan of that status. You know that. So it's kind of obvious i'd like a moment like that.

If I was obsessed i'd hate the story for all the reasons the guy I made that comment to pointed out.
    Kevin Nichols is jealous of my friendship with Oldschool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_Slott View Post
    So? Where did you fall on the issue of the-thing-we-said-that-wasn't-going-to-happen in SSM #2...

...which (no surprise at all) DIDN'T happen in SSM #2?

;-)

http://twitpic.com/bzrfub

I never voted or anything, if there was even voting to be had. Didnt take part in any conversations either. Hell I barely make it to this corner of the boards. But I might be reading too many mature independent titles, because while I didnt quite think it would happen, I wasnt at all positive. Part of me kept thinking "What a terribly demented and complex issue to explore."

I too, am enjoying this title and I really didnt expect to. I havent read Spider-Man in.....years. Not since JMS' run, I think. But I wanted to check this new idea and direction out, and despite not knowing the details leading up to.....all of this.....its been fun.

A couple spots on my pull list have opened up recently, and this title just might find its way there.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanParkerMan View Post
    And as a Peter MJ fan, I actually really enjoyed parts of SSM2. For the first time since ASM 546, Peter told MJ he loved her and called her his soulmate. I feel that a lot of "Peter and MJ" fans are overlooking this.
    She has been portrayed horribly in certain stories since OMD and even I'm getting a little sick to my stomach with her characterization in Superior.

The point you're missing is that the current brain trust behind Spider-Man doesn't write issues for "marriage" fans. They just don't. They could care less about that group. I think it's kind of wrong to dismiss such a big group but that's a different conversation.

For Peter and MJ fans to actually see MJ proclaim that she's still in love with Peter in 700 and then just two issues later to have Peter do the same. That's pretty significant and raises the romantic drama between the two characters when Peter does get his body back.
    I didn't like MJ trying to kiss Spock at the end of the issue. I really thought MJ and Carlie were in on it together when Spock dropped MJ off at her apartment. She realizes something is off with him but she'd kiss him after all the dates and him acting like a weirdo? I think MJ's going to dissapear now for a bit but when she comes back I hope she's portrayed better than what we've seen so far.
    totally normal thoughts to have about a fictional woman

SW

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Peter's not a ghost
    He's gotta be. Or Uatu's machine wouldn't work and there'd be no point in mentioning it.

For some reason, I feel I have to point out that this is not a sarcastic post. I actually agree with stillanerd agreeing with me.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

totally normal thoughts to have about a fictional woman
    What are you talking about? I'm having a discussion with some dude in a spider-man comic book forum. I'm discussing how a fictional character has been acting in a fictional story. The only criticism i've pointed out is that her actions have been a little odd during Superior and it's made me scratch my head at times while reading the story. I haven't once discussed rape (while i have but only to say its nonsense for anyone to discuss it at all) nor have I complained about anything except MJ being written a bit out of character. And that can be attributed to the weird circumstance that is superior so it's not even a big deal. That's why i've come out and said that I really like both issues so far.

I think I get what your getting at. You're trying to be an asshole. And you're succeeding by the way.

But just so you know. I'd never ever dig through your old posts, even posts that are 1 page back to make a point to a guy like you. And you're talking about obsessed? haha

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    He's gotta be. Or Uatu's machine wouldn't work and there'd be no point in mentioning it.

For some reason, I feel I have to point out that this is not a sarcastic post. I actually agree with stillanerd agreeing with me.
    I caught your post yesterday about the ghost machine in 15.1. That's a great find and ties into my theory that Peter actually isn't in Ock's head and that he has no control over Ock whatsoever. I can see Dan totally wacking us out of right field with this one. Just when everyone thinks it can't get worse for Peter and then powww. He is dead and he has no control over his body whatsoever.

What are you talking about? I'm having a discussion with some dude in a spider-man comic book forum. I'm discussing how a fictional character has been acting in a fictional story. The only criticism i've pointed out is that her actions have been a little odd during Superior and it's made me scratch my head at times while reading the story. I haven't once discussed rape (while i have but only to say its nonsense for anyone to discuss it at all) nor have I complained about anything except MJ being written a bit out of character. And that can be attributed to the weird circumstance that is superior so it's not even a big deal. That's why i've come out and said that I really like both issues so far.

I think I get what your getting at. You're trying to be an asshole. And you're succeeding by the way.

But just so you know. I'd never ever dig through your old posts, even posts that are 1 page back to make a point to a guy like you. And you're talking about obsessed? haha
    yep, I'm the weird one.

SW

read the summary page for Superior #2. Not a ghost.

SW

I think the post I made above to cyberhubbs is much weirder than anything i've said regarding MJ. I just thought it was a nice moment between those two characters. I'm not sure how your reading it differently. But it seems you come on here to fuck with people and do your best Steve Wacker impersonation. So with that in mind, yeah I think you're the weird one.

I think the post I made above to cyberhubbs is much weirder than anything i've said regarding MJ. I just thought it was a nice moment between those two characters. I'm not sure how your reading it differently. But it seems you come on here to fuck with people and do your best Steve Wacker impersonation. So with that in mind, yeah I think you're the weird one.
    nah, this post isn't doing it for me. needs more paragraphs about the love between Peter and MJ

SW

Releasing Johnny's torch Ravin' Ray's Avatar
    Where the diwatas and the Triumph Division call home

Thanks for linking that Mets. And just to add to that, some of us in timezones way ahead of the US have the advantage of getting our issues far head of the North American release, sometimes practically a day ahead depending on the practice of our particular LCS. So by the time Wednesday rolls by, we've had several hours to digest the content and start (or react in) a spoiler/discussion thread with a nuanced approach. Then when we sit back and watch the first few reactions pour in, we're like, "Whoa, slow down, read through the issue again". As well as getting our share of "Oh, we didn't see that." By the time the thread is several pages deep, that's when the discussion is supposed to settled into a some sort of comfortable level (if at all) and issues shaken out. Ah well, the nature of the comicbook fanbase.
    Johnny Storm was dead; who is this resurrected Johnny Storm?
    "Here, hold my Annihilus…" Johnny Storm, Fantastic Four #601

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

read the summary page for Superior #2. Not a ghost.
    I stand by my Chekhov's Gun.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

I stand by my Chekhov's Gun.
    you may be right. I'm going with clones

SW