Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Most of my questions have already been touched on or near that response( not sure if anyone has mentioned Angela Del Toro/White Tiger popping up ) so I just wanted to say thanks for doing this

Let me try to phrase my questions differently (and a little better), this is for Mr. Bunn.

1) Are you aware of the fact that there is a U.K following that would love to see Shamrock, Motormouth or Lionheart in your title? Can you give them *any* hope to clutch at at all?

2) Have you considered the different theological views within the MU, I'd love to know what Hercules (as an Olympian) makes of what Val is trying to do, I'd also be interested in what the Claire Voyant Black Widow's "master" (which would appear to be Mephisto) makes of what Val is doing.

Thanks for your time.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

Hello Mr. Bunn and Silney,

Thank you for doing this Q & A, and more importantly, FEARLESS DEFENDERS. I'm very much looking forward to the book.

Mr. Bunn, I very much have enjoyed your past Marvel work, from Valkyrie & DOA in FEARLESS to the Covenant in CAPTAIN AMERICA AND NAMOR & WOLVERINE to Hellstrom in VENOM, and Loa & Lyra in FEAR ITSELF THE DEEP. I very much enjoy the supernatural elements you've used. Will we more of that in FEARLESS DEFENDERS beyond the first Shield Maiden arc?

In your world tour of the ladies of Marvel, will you include the underwater realms? Too often of late, I've seen a global excursion promised, only to see 75% of the world excluded, with zero about Atlantis, Lemuria, etc.

Andromeda, Tamara Rahn, Nu-Marinna, Namora, and Namorita (who has been criminally ignored since her return in DnA's NOVA) are all great women who have been languishing unused. Plus, let me add to the request for Venus and Loa -- two more aquatic ladies.

As for villains, there's Llyra & Nagala (both with ties to Set) and your own Aradnea (what happened to her, cause I'm certain she didn't die?).

Not of an aquatic nature, but I also love Karnilla -- such an amazing, layered character, who treads her own moral path, as portrayed by Simonson and Roy Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Let me try to phrase my questions differently (and a little better), this is for Mr. Bunn.

1) Are you aware of the fact that there is a U.K following that would love to see Shamrock, Motormouth or Lionheart in your title? Can you give them *any* hope to clutch at at all?

2) Have you considered the different theological views within the MU, I'd love to know what Hercules (as an Olympian) makes of what Val is trying to do, I'd also be interested in what the Claire Voyant Black Widow's "master" (which would appear to be Mephisto) makes of what Val is doing.

Thanks for your time.

James.
    There's definitely hope. Like I said, if I had my druthers, this series will last forever and we'd explore every corner of the Marvel U. Lionheart was actually in the running for the team in an earlier draft, so there's a good chance you'll see her at some point.

Different theologies and belief systems will eventually play a role, yes. Seems only right with this broad of a grouping.
    Cullen Bunn

My Site | My Twitter | My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Hello Mr. Bunn and Silney,

Thank you for doing this Q & A, and more importantly, FEARLESS DEFENDERS. I'm very much looking forward to the book.

Mr. Bunn, I very much have enjoyed your past Marvel work, from Valkyrie & DOA in FEARLESS to the Covenant in CAPTAIN AMERICA AND NAMOR & WOLVERINE to Hellstrom in VENOM, and Loa & Lyra in FEAR ITSELF THE DEEP. I very much enjoy the supernatural elements you've used. Will we more of that in FEARLESS DEFENDERS beyond the first Shield Maiden arc?

In your world tour of the ladies of Marvel, will you include the underwater realms? Too often of late, I've seen a global excursion promised, only to see 75% of the world excluded, with zero about Atlantis, Lemuria, etc.

Andromeda, Tamara Rahn, Nu-Marinna, Namora, and Namorita (who has been criminally ignored since her return in DnA's NOVA) are all great women who have been languishing unused. Plus, let me add to the request for Venus and Loa -- two more aquatic ladies.

As for villains, there's Llyra & Nagala (both with ties to Set) and your own Aradnea (what happened to her, cause I'm certain she didn't die?).

Not of an aquatic nature, but I also love Karnilla -- such an amazing, layered character, who treads her own moral path, as portrayed by Simonson and Roy Thomas.
    Supernatural stories will feature in Fearless Defenders, but so will street level and cosmic and every other strange adventure I get to tell. The scope of this book will be pretty broad and off-beat.

I dig underwater stories (you mentioned The Deep) and I think you'll see some of that in due time.

Namorita is back?

Hmm.

Although Loa is my favorite semi-aquatic character.
    Cullen Bunn

My Site | My Twitter | My Tumblr

Scarlet Witch, My #1 =) CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I like to thank you both for answering our questions; this is a Great Service to the Fan base of this book.

As far as more female characters both being add on to the team and those that will be guess appearing, I was wondering if Scarlet Witch would being playing any role at all in the series? Either as a possible member or just a guess star?

Thank you for your time Sirs.
    "While I live... and until I die... I am an Avenger !"

Scarlet Witch - Avengers Vol. 1 - #84

Fearless Defenders Artist wsliney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post

James.
    Shamrock is Irish and not from the UK :) She's from Co. Meath.

BANNED

Here's another one I thought of:

Do other dimensional characters pertain to this title?
    Like say Exiles or MC2 or even Ultimate?
    Last edited by Songbird/Diamondback; 02-01-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Mostly Harmless

I've just read through 22 pages of awesome, so no new questions (mine have been asked); just a couple of comments - as a Brit I'm so hoping you do get to use the British & Irish characters mentioned earlier as I'm quite new to comics, so had never heard of them before this thread or a whole lot of others mentioned here, I'd love to see them in action but I'm also going to need introductions to a lot of them I think, some references would be cool as well so I know where to find them because I love knowing the back stories of plots\characters (e.g. I've just read The Fearless in preparation for his book as I know it sets it up). For example, something like some text telling us where this or that obscure character was last seen would be a really nice touch.
    Also, someone mentioned the idea of a crossover between FD and the upcoming all female X-men; that sounds like a great idea and perfect fit, please find a way to make it happen!
    Thanks again to Cullen & Will for doing this Q&A.

Indestructible Finger Test of Strength's Avatar

Will there be any mention of or some felt repercussions from the whole AvX event? Or will that be non-existent in Fearless Defenders?

What kind of Battle Cry would you give the team?

(Are She-Hulk and Dani the ones who don't get along because of this? Hmmhmmhmm)
    "....who are you? Still don't know who you are. Not good enough."
    -Boozier

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    Supernatural stories will feature in Fearless Defenders, but so will street level and cosmic and every other strange adventure I get to tell. The scope of this book will be pretty broad and off-beat.

I dig underwater stories (you mentioned The Deep) and I think you'll see some of that in due time.

Namorita is back?

Hmm.

Although Loa is my favorite semi-aquatic character.
    Your Loa was great! But for some reason, she's allegedly at JGS, and not with Namor and the Atlanteans -- though clearly, she's still getting her breathing potion from them. I'm very curious if she's going to stay a water breather, or what?

Yes, Namorita was brought back in the last run of Nova, by DnA, in #32 -- sort of. She was pulled from a timestream, before she changed to Kymaera, so she's not blue and she still was in a relationship with Rich. This was that issue, and what she looks like now (from NOVA 32)

When that Sphinx adventure ended, she didn't return to her original timestream, but stayed with Rich Rider. She was last seen in THANOS IMPERATIVE, fighting the threat of the Cancerverse, and I believe, at Project Pegasus, after Nova's death. But we've never seen her mentioned outside of those cosmic books, nor do we know if she's returned to Atlantis and reunited with Namor or met with her 'dead' mother, Namora.
    Last edited by Rheged; 02-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wsliney View Post
    Shamrock is Irish and not from the UK :) She's from Co. Meath.
    I stand corrected (to be fair though, I should know better then to refer to her as part of the U.K, at least I didn't say she was part of Great Britain which would have been far more offensive to her)

Perhaps I should have said the United Kingdom and Ireland.

Cheers.

James.
    Last edited by James Hunter; 02-03-2013 at 05:35 AM.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

Mr. Bunn,

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer our questions and talk about this project. Fearless Defenders is on my pull list, and I look forward to reading it next week.

Not sure if you guys stopped answering questions, but if not here goes:

1.) In the mini-series the Last Defenders, Yandroth made much of the fact that the Defenders team assembled in that book (She-Hulk, Joaquin Pennysworth as Nighthawk, Daimon Hellstrom, and Warlord Krang) were the line up that was destined to be Defenders and had greater cosmic significance. Now, obviously, that team did not stay together, and we have since seen Matt Fraction's Defenders and now your own book. I'm wondering though, if you might ever explore what Yandroth meant down the line. And since you seem to have a fondness for Hellstrom, you could use him to explore it.

2.) One of the things I liked best about Fraction's all-too-brief run was his introduction of a group of adventurers (John Aman, Captain Nemo, Leonard McKenzie, Fen, etc.) who ran around from the turn of the century to the 1930s. Now since you have created your own clandestine, ancient group in the Covenant, I'm wondering if we might ever see these groups collide in the past. I'd love to see stories featuring Musidora, Orissa Kravinov, Fen, and Farraday Bobbs (a girl reporter disguised as a boy).

Once again, thank you for your time.

Hindsight lad

To the comic authors: kudos on the new series. I would like you to consider the following characters for recurring appearances: Monica Rambeau, Colleen Wing, Debrii, Namorita, Tarantula,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    To the comic authors: kudos on the new series. I would like you to consider the following characters for recurring appearances: Monica Rambeau, Colleen Wing, Debrii, Namorita, Tarantula,
    BTW, Colleen Wing has been mentioned to showing up, just by the by.