Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

I expect these will be a wait and see (and I apologise if they are) but have you considered the scope of female characters you are actually dealing with and is there any chance of seeing Motormouth, Lionheart (the female Captain Britain) or the Claire Voyant Black Widow.

Given who Claire works for it it would be interesting to see her "master"'s reaction to what Valkyre is doing IMHO.

Thanks for taking the time to look at these questions.

James.
    Any Dream worth Having Is A Dream worth Fighting For.

Thanks for doing this Cullen and Will. This is my 2nd most anticipated book (with New Avengers being the 1st) of Marvel Now and I already have the first issue reserved. Now, time for questions.

For Cullen Bunn:

1) One of the aspects of Big 2 Superhero Comics writing that has become one of the bigger points of discussion is how much can be done with the status quo of a character. Without going on too long, the general rule has become "the higher profile the character has, the more likely the status quo is going to reset at some point." With Fearless Defenders most famous character arguably being Moonstar, there's seemingly a lot more room to actually take these characters to places you couldn't take a movie headliner. Will you be using that to you advantage to write stories that may leave its' stars in a different place than where they started?

2) This may have already been answered, but please indulge me on this one. Monica Rambeau is a character that quite a few people would love to see more of, and I'm included in this group. Is there a chance that she at least appears, if not joins the group. Also, while I'm at it (and I'm sorry that I'm cheating here), does Shuri have a shot of appearing?

For Will Sliney:

1) This may probably be a sensitive question, but I'm going to ask it in a respectful manner. When the art for this book was released, there was some flack for the way Misty Knight was drawn. Now, I'm not against sexy women in comics, so I'm not asking these questions to shame you or fulfill some agenda, but I am curious about two things. a) Did the experience affect you negatively in any way? b) Was it a learning experience?

2) Currently, Comics have shifted to where the writer is sometimes considered the bigger star than the artist. At the same time, we all know that comics are a medium where words and pictures come together to tell a story. I just wanted to know how much influence you had on the story being presented in Fearless Defenders.

For both (Both don't have to answer):

1) For better or for worse, the great majority of books in Marvel Now are connected to a big movie franchise in one way or another. As it stands, Fearless Defenders may end up being Marvel's riskiest book at the moment. Do you both consider guaranteeing that a challenge, and if so, do you welcome the challenge?

2) Out of curiosity, how many issues do you have mapped out at this point?

Thanks in advance.
    Those who refuse to learn from History, will repeat History as they wonder "What the F*ck happened?"

Quote Originally Posted by Green Griffin View Post
    i still think the sub-title for this book should be "The Now! title with the most Balls."

Any chance we'll see Brian Hurtt do a cover for the series? I always loved his covers for 6th Gun.

Plus, of all the super hero movies coming out this year, which do you think will be the best?
    You never know about covers... but I'm keeping Brian busy with THE SIXTH GUN!

I dunno movie-wise. I'm looking forward to Thor 2 quite a bit.
    Cullen Bunn

My Site | My Twitter | My Tumblr

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Totally, always I loved the interaction between Hellcat and the Valkyrie on The Defenders book some decades ago, really there are a lot of chemical between them.

Lorelei would be a villain? Iīm not sure considering that I find difficult that she will try to continue her sisterīs steps considering how seems to hate her olderīs sister, and also it would be good to see whatever happened to her on all these years since her last appearance. Trying to demonstrate that she is better than Amora, yes, I can see it, as a fully villainess like Selene, Madelyne Pryor or Morgan Le Fay, not sure.
    Those two options are just as "fully villainess" as each other. The sibling rivalry doesn't lessen it.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Those two options are just as "fully villainess" as each other. The sibling rivalry doesn't lessen it.
    Probably, but you never know, because there is always the unexpected factor, maybe she will not be on the team, but it may be good to have a role in that is stronger her own pride and her resentment towards her older sister than the blood that they share, something like that could easily happens and Lorelei decide that it is better to help the Valkyrie but then take the decision to go on her own.

Fearless Defenders Artist wsliney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post
    For Will Sliney:

1) This may probably be a sensitive question, but I'm going to ask it in a respectful manner. When the art for this book was released, there was some flack for the way Misty Knight was drawn. Now, I'm not against sexy women in comics, so I'm not asking these questions to shame you or fulfill some agenda, but I am curious about two things. a) Did the experience affect you negatively in any way? b) Was it a learning experience?

2) Currently, Comics have shifted to where the writer is sometimes considered the bigger star than the artist. At the same time, we all know that comics are a medium where words and pictures come together to tell a story. I just wanted to know how much influence you had on the story being presented in Fearless Defenders.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm glad you asked that question. I think we are at a great time in comics where the amount of women both reading and creating comics has vastly increased. I couldnt be happier about this. I think there was a bit of a knee jerk reaction towards one image but I do think that reaction came from a really good and important place. That place being the resistance to the over sexualization of women in comics. The fear that in what has the potential to be a book with lots of strong female characters would portray them in a poor and tasteless manner.

When it comes to my art all I ask is that you judge it as a whole. Watch how the characters are portrayed in the whole book, not just in one Image. If anybody took the time to look at my previous work, they will see that I do not fall into the TandA category of artist.

Did I feel any negativity personally? Not really. There were a lot of incorrect terms thown out at the start but 99 percent of people on the forums came straight to my defense. Infact, I invited the original poster to email me and let me state my case. I have mentioned before my knowledge of what it is like to be on the deck of a boat in the middle of a storm. There just has to be movement there. Waves are crashing, peoples centre of balance are constantly shifting. I wanted to get that across while showing Misty in a Powerful Kung Fu pose.

Did I learn anything? Ofcourse, I'm always learning, that is the beauty of drawing comics.

Thank you Mr. Bunn and Mr. Sliney for this opportunity to ask you questions.

Will this book try to feature EVERY Marvel female character that has ever existed depending on their storytelling potential?

Thank you for including She-Hulk (with her new FF outfit no less!) so soon in this series. My fingers are crossed that Lyra will show up since she was raised in an all female world in an alternative future. I hope Red She-Hulk will make an appearance too.

Quote Originally Posted by AgPhoenix View Post

1) For better or for worse, the great majority of books in Marvel Now are connected to a big movie franchise in one way or another. As it stands, Fearless Defenders may end up being Marvel's riskiest book at the moment. Do you both consider guaranteeing that a challenge, and if so, do you welcome the challenge?

Thanks in advance.
    I am enjoying it so much I could never call it a challenge. I think we have a chance of creating something special here. Something that I already feel quite proud to be a part of even before it has been released

Quote Originally Posted by supergirls_pal View Post
    Thank you Mr. Bunn and Mr. Sliney for this opportunity to ask you questions.

Will this book try to feature EVERY Marvel female character that has ever existed depending on their storytelling potential?
    Haha, I wonder just how many that would actually be?

BANNED

I noticed something so far:

Valkyrie = Asgardian
    Misty Knight = Street Level
    Dani = Mutants
    Hippolyta = Olympus (Or Amazonian)

Are each member going to represent their own corner of the Marvel U or will there be some overlap?

Hi Mr. Bunn,

I just wondering:

1. Is there a chance that the Wasp will show up and/or join the team? That would make my day.
    2. Also, in Venom, is Eddie Brock's body damaged/burned as a result of being dragged into the fire by the Toxin symbiote or is it still intact?
    3. I know you were the Wolverine writer and you'll be writing the Ultimate version soon. I know it was not your story, but could you say whether or not Weapon X was "Wolverine's idea" or it was just Romulus messing with him. I'm inclined to go with the latter, but I want to hear your thoughts.
    4. Will the girls on FD be experiencing relationships with any notable guys from the Marvel Universe?
    5. Is there a chance that the Venom symbiote could permanently grow back Flash's legs so he could walk while not attached to the symbiote?

And for you Mr. Sliney:

1. Do you plan on giving any of the characters new costumes, or will you continue to take a fresh take on the classic versions?
    2. If any of the character appearing in the book are featured in a Marvel movie in the near future, will you change their costume to match their live-action counterpart?
    3. Since this is your first time working for Marvel, are there any books or characters that you really want a chance to take on apart from FD?
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Hi Mr. Bunn,

And for you Mr. Sliney:

1. Do you plan on giving any of the characters new costumes, or will you continue to take a fresh take on the classic versions?
    2. If any of the character appearing in the book are featured in a Marvel movie in the near future, will you change their costume to match their live-action counterpart?
    3. Since this is your first time working for Marvel, are there any books or characters that you really want a chance to take on apart from FD?
    1. There will be a Valkyrisation of the costumes at some point. We may in the future make a few changes the the clasic costumes also
    2. That would be an editorial decision, not mine. I would love to see them in the movies
    3. I am a huge Spidey fan, but I love this book so I am very happy here.

I'm very excited for this book! I have a couple questions:
    1) Will Black Cat or Songbird play a big role in the book?
    2) Cullen, you mentioned there will be a "Hulk" on the team, does this mean someone related to Banner or is it just a way of saying there will be another character with super-strenght?

Yes I Have A Few Questions For Cullen And Willy

My Bunn Questions

1.How Soon can we expect a supernatural/magic based character on the team and any hints?
    2.Chances of a crossover between Fearless Defenders And Say Journey Into Mystery?
    3.You Said there will be lots of guest stars between #5 And #6 will all of them be lower tier characters or will they be well known fan favorites?

And For Sliney

1.Are There Epic Scenes In The First Issue?
    2.Who is your favorite character to draw?
    3.Do you think fans will come to appreciate The Fearless defender's art style or will it take time for them to get used to it?
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    Yes I Have A Few Questions For Cullen And Willy

And For Sliney

1.Are There Epic Scenes In The First Issue?
    2.Who is your favorite character to draw?
    3.Do you think fans will come to appreciate The Fearless defender's art style or will it take time for them to get used to it?
    1. Definately. Some epic action and a very powerful character moment too.
    2. I like them all as they are so different. But my favourite so far is Annabelle
    3. I hope they like it as soon as the first issue is released.