Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    I don't expect this one to be answered, but...

Is the book scheduled to be a tie in to a big event in the future? I'm guessing it won't be Age of Ultron, but whatever might be heading our way?
    I really want to answer this one with more than a "wait and see" but I can't.
    Cullen Bunn

My Site | My Twitter | My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
    My mind is racing! I can't say thank you enough for this opportunity, gentleman. This is a fan's dream come true, I feel honored. I don't think we could get any luckier than having two people like you, who seem to genuinely like & respect these characters, on this book. Okay, I thought of just 2 more questions, and that'll be it... I hope.

I'm very interested in the "Rise of the Amazons" subplot, mentioned in interviews with regards to Hyppolyta. Could you tell us a little more about it? Will we ever see the MU at large eventually recognize the Amazonian homeland(<?) as a sovereign nation, similar to Wakanda, Atlantis, and/or Attilan? If yes, Mr. Sliney, what will it look like? What are/were your inspirations? I've always loved Greek mythology.

For villains, what are the chances of seeing Morgan Le Fay & Selene, the Black Queen get their butts handed to them by the Fearless Defenders?
    The Amazons will become a "big deal" if I have my way.

For your second question... YES to one of those... and in a way you'll never expect!
    Cullen Bunn

Another question now that you mention Simonson´s Thor,

Do you think that Lorelei (Amora´s Sister) can fit in on the team? Maybe if you are unable to use Amora because of some things like you said before on the other question, you can have the option of Lorelei or Sylvie Lushton, the teen Enchantress.

And some thing about some feline characters: Old School Defenders always it is so good to see, any possibility of Hellcat or maybe Tigra?

Really are a lot of wonderful female characters on the Marvel Universe it is so difficult to choose one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    They are new characters... similar in many ways to the Disir... but much, much worse.
    Ooh Disir-ish, nice!

One thing that's totally out of your control, but will totally be happening(because comics) are OTPs. There will be bad fan art of this, mark my words... probably already is lol.

And you've said before significant others would pop up from time to time, but would you be up for a suprise romance amongst team members, if it fit the story that is?

BANNED

• Leader – VALKYRIE
    • Warrior – (I had 2 possibilities)
    • Counselor – (I had 2 possibilities)
    • Protector – (I had 2 possibilities)
    • Huntress – (I had several possibilities listed here)
    • Queen – (I had 3 possibilities)
    • Healer - (I had one listed)
    • Muse – (I had 3 possibilities listed)
    Okay, I can tell I'm going to really love this team! I love the "each character is assigned a role" prospect.

Big thumbs up from me there!

Okay, I can tell I'm going to really love this team! I love the "each character is assigned a role" prospect.

Keep in mind, that has changed a little over time, but this concept is still in the back of my mind... and it may surface a little later on.
    Cullen Bunn

Fearless Defenders Artist wsliney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TanGent View Post
    You two... you two are AWESOME! Thank you both so much for making this kind of book happen, for me at least, it is really exciting, so I can only imagine getting to work on it. Love that the concept is fresh, this is clearly not my Grandmother's Lady Liberators!

I have so many questions, but I don't want to be a pest, so I'll ask one at a time.

Those awesome looking Doom Maidens Will drew(the badass ones from the latest preview), are they all brand new characters? Some of them remind me of ladies I've seen once upon a time ago...
    Yup new. I had a lot of fun designing them

Totally agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by TanGent View Post
    Ooh Disir-ish, nice!

One thing that's totally out of your control, but will totally be happening(because comics) are OTPs. There will be bad fan art of this, mark my words... probably already is lol.

And you've said before significant others would pop up from time to time, but would you be up for a suprise romance amongst team members, if it fit the story that is?
    I do like surprises.
    Cullen Bunn

Quote Originally Posted by JessieMidnight View Post
    Will what issue have you drawn so far that has been the most fun for you?

What are Cullen's scripts like, and does he leave you room to interpret things how you need or does he have everything pretty layed out in detail regarding what he wants?
    I have enjoyed them all. Each one does seem to broaden the scope as the team builds. I have a feeling 5 and 6 will be my favourite with one thing particularly that I have in mind that I will be drawing.

Cullen is very collaborative which I like. There is script for everything but room to add things if I like. We are in a lot of contact so I get the opportunity to run things by him. It is a very nice way of working.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Another question now that you mention Simonson´s Thor,

Do you think that Lorelei (Amora´s Sister) can fit in on the team? Maybe if you are unable to use Amora because of some things like you said before on the other question, you can have the option of Lorelei or Sylvie Lushton, the teen Enchantress.

And some thing about some feline characters: Old School Defenders always it is so good to see, any possibility of Hellcat or maybe Tigra?

Really are a lot of wonderful female characters on the Marvel Universe it is so difficult to choose one.
    It is difficult to choose! Very difficult for someone like me who likes these characters so much! I ask Will to help me out in narrowing them down... but he likes all these characters as much as me!

Everybody loves Hellcat! Done! When? you ask. Early on. Not saying she'll join the Valkyrie... but she's an important part of Val's life.

Lorelei may have a role to play... but not as a member of the team.
    Cullen Bunn

Quote Originally Posted by wsliney View Post
    Yup new. I had a lot of fun designing them
    I can tell, great work! Which one is your favourite? It's the Skull lady isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post

Mr. Sliney, your design for Warrior Woman is visually arresting, it really is. I mean, she looks like the absolute, perfect... warrior b***h from hell. Seriously, my compliments. Can you give us a little breakdown of what the process was like when you created it?
    It was actually Phil Jimenez who designed it so he is who deserves the compliments :)

I do like surprises.
    ? Really? Squeeee!

I mean, that's really interesting, hmmm.

Everybody loves Hellcat! Done! When? you ask. Early on. Not saying she'll join the Valkyrie... but she's an important part of Val's life.
    Yes! Some Patsy and Val love!
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison