Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Fearless Defenders Artist wsliney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JessieMidnight View Post
    Awesome, thanks for the response.

Your process is interesting, and very insightful. Do you like the benefits of digital? I know a lot of artist say it's faster, and easier when doing monthlies. I really like your style that you've got now. In the preview pages released so far they have at least to me a lot of energy in them. I think this will be your big break out book. I see you only going up from here.

Thank you. Yeah I do think digital is faster. I prefer it simply because believe it or not, my set up is more portable and it can fit into a laptop bag.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdiviner View Post
    This is my first post here in the forum. I guess this is the best time to start. I have a simple question about Dani. I love her relation to the Valkyrie but can we also see more of her Cheyenne heritage. I like to think she would be able to fuse the mystic powers of both her ancestors and the Valkyrior. I hope we can see that happen a little more than before. Thank you. Dani is my life.
    I think you'll be happy with where we take the character.
    Cullen Bunn

My Site | My Twitter | My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by majormcmeat View Post
    In Dani's case, would that mean the San Francisco house?
    Will the other New Mutants show up?
    The New Mutant house shows up in issue 2, but the other NM are away. Members of that group will show up, though.
    Cullen Bunn

Quote Originally Posted by PSINGRAPHD View Post
    Damn, I'm SO late to the party! But this is friggin' awesome! BIG thanX to creators Mr. Bunn & Mr. Sliney for even doing this! I'm more eXcited for Fearless Defenders right NOW than anything else - ANYTHING!!!

How steeped in Norse mythology, or at least the Marvel version of it, will this book be?

Will 'Hilde's relationship with Sif be touched upon?

Will Misty Knight's gal pals, Colleen Wing & Siver Sable, show up at some point?

Hippolyta's images scream "nuthin' but trouble" to me, is that gonna be the case?
    I sure hope so, think it would be fun.

Last, but certainly not least, I'm gonna throw 2 names out at ya. I know you probably can't tell me whether they'll be included or not, but could you please give me your thoughts on them at least? Hopefully, they're positive, lol. They are Lorna Dane & Alison Blaire, AKA... Polaris & Dazzler

Again, this is greatly appreciated & just takes the level of enthusiam that much higher - WOW!!!

Edit: Sorry if some of my questions have already been asked & answered. I'm gonna go back & read everything now. Woo-hoo!
    Norse mythology is part of the story, especially the first arc, but I think we're building the world a little, too. I don't think it will be so mythology heavy that we'll lose people.

Val and Sif must meet at some point, yes, and that will become even more evident after the first arc. For now, I don't have that story placed in the book's timeline, but there is a note about it.

Colleen appears, yes. Isn't Silver Sable dead?

"Nothing But Trouble" is exactly right for Hippolyta.

Dazzler is a favorite character of mine, but she's off running around in other universes. Polaris was a character I liked a lot back in the Australian Outback days of X-Men, but I kind of lost track of her over the years. I do love that green hair!
    Cullen Bunn

Kudos for bringing Hippolyta back into the mix! I appreciate the use of obscure female characters so much more than the cherry-picking of big names like Invisible Woman, Storm, Ms. Marvel, Black Widow, etc.

Since part of the book seems to have a mythological aspect to it, are there any plans to incorporate characters outside Marvel's Big 2 (Asgardian & Olympian) pantheons? Pele of the Akua, Eriskegal of the Annunaki, Amaterasu of the Shinto, Anitun of the Diwatas, etc.?

We gonna get Kate Oldstrong sometime in the Future?

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    I've been keeping the villain under wraps a bit... but here's a teaser. She's not been seen before, but she has ties to two of the most dangerous villains in the Marvel Universe.

There haven't been mandates in terms of high profile guest stars. In fact, some of the guest stars will be seldom seen characters, too. The drive for these appearances probably comes from my own love of these characters. Haven't you noticed? Almost every time someone mentions a character, my response is, "Ohhhh! I love that character!"

Yes, NBC has ordered a pilot episode of a series based on my comic book THE SIXTH GUN. If you haven't checked that series out, now is a great time to do so!
    Thanks for the response.

Two of the most dangerous villains in the MU has some interesting possibilites. That's a good teaser. What was editorials reaction/response to you wanting to use/create a new villain for you opening arc, hesitant or supportive?

You do seem to have a great love for a lot of these characters, which I think is good. Have their been any characters you've not been allowed to use or do you have free reign pretty much?

What has been your favorite issue that you've written so far? Do you have any plans for an evil Fearless Defenders group consisting of villains from each member similar to how the Avengers have the Masters of Evil?

I don't have a question, just wanted to say i'm crazy-excited for this book.

(also it's awesome that Mr. Bunn is from St. Louis. I just moved back after a couple years away and seems like I never really appreciated this city. Or its multitude of comic shops. Glad to be home!)

BANNED

What are some of the crazy locations we might be seeing in this book?

Thanks for answering those questions! New costume? Oh my...=3

A few more, as things work through my foggy mind this morning. =P

-I remember on the discussion about Hippolyta in interviews that other people are going to call her Warrior Woman. You also mentioned interactions with other teams. How exactly is the fictional public media, and the heroes of the Marvel world perceiving the group? Will there eventually be recognition of them as a team, as the Valkyrior reborn?

-Hah, I guessed Valkyrie was going to get turned down by people. Do the other team members (revealed so far) make suggestions on who should be part of the group, and eventually get their way, perhaps, or does Valkyrie always have the final say so?

-I was intrigued by that Amora mention. Should we expect that someone usually cast as a villain, especially recently, might eventually become a Defender?

Quote Originally Posted by Xhatch View Post
    Hello to you too from Ireland, Cullen and Will.

Thanks for answering questions here too. Awesome of you guys!
    Wahey! Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    What are some of the crazy locations we might be seeing in this book?
    I can't say where it is, but the location in issue 3 is about as crazy as it gets. Its creepy and visually very entertaining. Something you have not seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by wsliney View Post
    I can't say where it is, but the location in issue 3 is about as crazy as it gets. Its creepy and visually very entertaining. Something you have not seen before.
    And issue 5 ups the ante.
    Cullen Bunn

You two... you two are AWESOME! Thank you both so much for making this kind of book happen, for me at least, it is really exciting, so I can only imagine getting to work on it. Love that the concept is fresh, this is clearly not my Grandmother's Lady Liberators!

I have so many questions, but I don't want to be a pest, so I'll ask one at a time.

Those awesome looking Doom Maidens Will drew(the badass ones from the latest preview), are they all brand new characters? Some of them remind me of ladies I've seen once upon a time ago...

Keep the questions coming, folks! I gotta run for a bit, but will be back shortly. If I haven;t answered you yet, I will soon!
    Cullen Bunn