What do you think motivates the characters? This is Valkyrie's mission, but what about her offer do you think appeals to the other members, enough that they want to accept it?
Hullo Cullen. Love you, love your work. I have just a couple questions for you:
1. Any chance of seeing that fabulous transgendered phenom Cloud? And if we get Cloud, does that mean a reunion with Moondragon?
2. You know who's awesome? Andromeda. Any chance we will be able to see her?
3. What was it about this group of characters that spoke volumes to you?
4. Who was the biggest can't get that you wanted to use for the roster?
5. Which was your favorite Defenders creative team?
P.S. who is that lovely chap you're using for an avatar? The good Dr. Strange?
I'm sure she will appear at some point. I'm not joking. If you have a favorite lady of Marvel, she WILL be featured in the book at some point if I have half a chance. But she will not be the magic user of the group (at least not initially). That role is already claimed.
I know this question was on a bunch of people's mind on another board.
If Hippolyta is taking back the reigns of the Amazons, what does this mean for Delphyne, the current head Amazon?
2) Yes, she will be user friendly. All you'll need to know to follow the character from the beginning will be revealed. I will be sprinkling in some history along the way, but you don't need it to get started. Actually, that's how I'm approaching every character in the book.
3) You bet you will!
4) Yes... I think you'll be seeing some connection to other stories. Valkyrie has some unfinished business with the DOA and Sin. As for the Covenant. Hmm. They are very important... even though you won't see them... from early on.
5) The beast the Dreaming Maiden was summoning was not intended to be connected to the Death Celestial. It's funny. I was working on that idea... Matt was working on the Death Celestial... and Remender was working with the Undead Celestial all around the same time. This creature, though, has a history I think is pretty interesting. And what makes you think that is a non Fearless Defenders question?
Hello Cullen and Will!
Despite brief moments of experimentation with their own unique looks, over time the New Mutants have all returned to the standard-issue blue and yellow training uniform. As such, it (unfortunately) adds to Dani's recognisability. Is this something you're hopefully looking to change? Will Moonstar finally have a new costume of her own, and if so, Will how do you go about fusing recognisability into your own, original designs?
Dani's prior adventures in Asgard have already made her a Valkyrie in her own right, and as such, she claims that power as her own. As new members join Brunnhilde's band of Valkyrior, will they too claim similar abilities?
Any chance we might see Bright/Darkwind or Dani's own Hel-puppy (gifted to her by Loki and Leah)?
Zeb Wells's run on New Mutants strongly suggested that Cyclops was grooming Dani to replace him as leader of the X-Men over time. Having headed her own teams time and time again since adolescence, will Dani's leadership potential be a factor in play?
Finally, Cullen, you've mentioned in the past that you're interested in possibly returning Dani a portion of her mutant abilities. Which of the many powers she's demonstrated over the years appeal to you the most (whether you decide to return them to her or not)?
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It's very much appreciated and I wish you every success with this upcoming endeavour.
Hello, Mr Bunn.
1)Will some characters created between 2000 and 2013 be part of the Fearless Defenders or major villains (besides the new characters you will create)?
2)Will Dani's recent history (her relationship with Nate Grey or the fact she is the legal guardian of a young mutant named Elixir) play a part of the story?
Thank you for your time!
Me: Please Marvel, give some spotlight to your 21th century creations instead of killing them every month.
Marvel: Avengers Arena, lol!
Classy as always, Marvel.