Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Based on her older siblings, I'll have to go with immortal - or at least slow aging. Lennox is over a hundred years old I think?
    Or at least close to that, since he was at least a young adult by WWII. And Siracca was born a few years before World War I.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob_Olivera View Post
    If you took that at face-value, sure! But I think that Azzarello and Chiang were going for a more symbolical act with that scene. It was done for the sheer beauty of the moment. At least that was my take on it. If that were real, it would be considered "Super-Breath" a'la Superman.
    Oh for Pete's sake! She's a godazon! Before the New 52 she could hold her breath for insane amounts of time and in crazy situations.
    I'd suggest that her physiology makes it possible for her to hold her breath for as long as she may need to.
    "A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her."

Oscar Wilde

In Demon Knights 16 it is confirmed that the Amazons are immortal. The Amazon on the team didn't change a bit in 30 years.

About the immortality thing, I was re-reading all WW issues and this speech by Hermes to Diana got my attention: "You are young. I think the concept of immortality is something you don't grasp yet. Diana... being immortal is a blessing, and a trap. A trap mortals don't share." That heavily implies she is in fact immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by SNascimento View Post
    About the immortality thing, I was re-reading all WW issues and this speech by Hermes to Diana got my attention: "You are young. I think the concept of immortality is something you don't grasp yet. Diana... being immortal is a blessing, and a trap. A trap mortals don't share." That heavily implies she is in fact immortal.
    ... and this didn't do it for you?

Yes sir. It was already mentioned in this topic... I just thought Hermes' speech offers some additional clarity because it was directed to Diana herself.

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

... and this didn't do it for you?

Do the amazons glorify death?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    Do the amazons glorify death?
    Not death, but death in battle. They are a warrior society after all.
    ಠ_ಠ

A curious question: Has there been any child of Zeus with a mortal woman (in real world literature) whom died of old age? A Demigod.
    There were daughters of Zeus who were married off to Kings, but they don't have many stories about them. Whether they died of old age, or whether they were made immortal when their mortal body died, is not known. For example using a popular character, some stories about Helen of Troy say that she didn't die, but was brought up to Olympus and had a cult following as a vegetation/fertility goddess. Other stories talk about her death without divine intervention. Others don't mention her much after the Trojan War. Minor daughters of Zeus may not get more than a mention, but there have been heroes who had divine blood (grandchildren of Zeus) and they went on to do great things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    Not death, but death in battle. They are a warrior society after all.

They sound like Klingons.

"Today IS a good day to die!"