Page 158 of 676 FirstFirst ... 58108148154155156157158159160161162168208258658 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 10129

So Namor's out of the Illiumati? It looks like whatever was foreshadowed in issue #2 with him will happen in the next two issues. The way I read it is that he's out after 7-8 but returns sometime after gunning for them. I didn't expect him to be out during issue #7.

It's time to Free Willy--I hope T'challa at least lops a hand off or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post

Some fanboys & girls have a problem with black heterosexual couples period.
    As well as those in control as McDuffie said in a interview relating to the cover of Static #25 compared to a issue of Legion of Super Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by West View Post
    Whats wrong with Gillen?

Where to begin........

Psychological violence Moose100's Avatar

Yeah thats what I think too. Tensions are gonna run high after they blow up that world. I think he tipped Doom and He and Tchalla come to blows about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    So Namor's out of the Illiumati? It looks like whatever was foreshadowed in issue #2 with him will happen in the next two issues. The way I read it is that he's out after 7-8 but returns sometime after gunning for them. I didn't expect him to be out during issue #7.

LOL!! Almost didnt see this!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post

Maybe he tries to side with Doom who at this point is the only guy who would "have his back"

Quote Originally Posted by Genki Sudo View Post
    Maybe he tries to side with Doom who at this point is the only guy who would "have his back"
    I already think Doom knows about the incursions at least this one. He'd have too right?

He doesn't have too--but then you have DOOMdickary, where he knows because he's Doom. It would have more emotional impact if Namor told him. It looks like I might be right about Namor showing cracks and will end up leaving the team.

Lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose100 View Post
    Yeah thats what I think too. Tensions are gonna run high after they blow up that world. I think he

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman
    LOL!! Almost didnt see this!

it wouldnt be his hands if T'challa were to free willy :in mister miyagi voice:
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

All that is needed is one voice to speak on the black couples in comics issue and have it stick real good so that it carries weight!

I would volunteer myself but that could cause Fanbratti tantrum riots at local comic shops and random water balloons tossed at innocent bystanders shopping for Betty and Veronica solo issues!

You know me I don't want no trouble!

"Point Man!"

P.S. Let the whole thread acknowledge Global for picking Bill Murray as a mainstay in the Black Panther franchise... He would make a great Klaw if he got really serious in a diabolical role like Robin Williams in Insomnia!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Some fanboys & girls have a problem with black heterosexual couples period.

That's the real issue here as evidenced by all the vitriol the T'Challa and Ororo still generates amongst a vocal minority to this very day.

Elephant in the room.
    You dropped that truth like it was hot.

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    All that is needed is one voice to speak on the black couples in comics issue and have it stick real good so that it carries weight!

I would volunteer myself but that could cause Fanbratti tantrum riots at local comic shops and random water balloons tossed at innocent bystanders shopping for Betty and Veronica solo issues!

You know me I don't want no trouble!

"Point Man!"

P.S. Let the whole thread acknowledge Global for picking Bill Murray as a mainstay in the Black Panther franchise... He would make a great Klaw if he got really serious in a diabolical role like Robin Williams in Insomnia!

From the tone of this interview, some people just don't know when to leave well alone. :smh:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=45156

When T'Challa and Ororo were married, you could barely get anyone to write them working side-by-side in X-related books, now they've gone their seperate ways, some writers are desperate to force Ororo on T'Challa.

What possible reason could Cornell have for including T'Challa and Wakanda in this Wolverine-centric storyline? :smdh:
    Ok, SERIOUSLY....

How predictable that another non-Lobdell, "troll-tastic", X-writer is deciding to use Black Panther/Wakanda, after 7 years of intentionally NOT using them, to make both Logan and "The Restored Wallpaper" shine. Because you can be darn sure that T'challa (or Shuri, if she meets them) will turn them both away to such a degree, that he (or she) will look like some completely irrational jerk, and make Logan and Storm look like they're the "brave victims". No matter how justified BP/Shuri/Wakanda really is/are in turning them away, when you take even a casual glance at the previous events that involved Storm/X-writers/X-men. This is the main reason why I've loathed the X-books for years now. Not even the "Anti-Black Male Protocols", that have long predated T'challa's "Anti-Weather Protocol". It's the questionable writing, and this continued tactic of ignoring facts; all to make the "boo-hoo oppressed" X-men look as squeaky clean as possible. One major problem with this, besides the low writing, is that you have far too many "head-nodding" fans of these characters, who will go along with this and will be O.K. with having past events temporarily retconned (see: "flat out lied about"). As long as they can see the X-writers stick it to T'challa. Instead of demanding that the X-writers develop Storm and Logan on their OWN, without dragging un-related characters, (who want nothing to do with them) through the mud. With the fans who embrace this low-grade crap, it's like there is no concept of "the bare minimum" in terms of what is acceptable quality. Because the bar keeps getting lower and lower and lower.

Am I being melodramatic? Nope.

I'm just becoming increasingly jaded about the X-books, because of the stunts/gimmicks their writers have pulled in the past.

From the interview:

"Who are some of the other supporting players in "Killable?" Will Wolverine have any friends looking out for him, and is Sabretooth the only villain menacing him?"

"Certainly not the only villain. The arc begins with a trip to Wakanda that relates to our first story arc, with Storm going back on her word never to go there again. The stakes are so high. That brings a newly vulnerable Logan into direct conflict with the Black Panther, and there are other villains who are going to come after Logan."
    So giving the writer the benefit of the doubt, that he has at least a basic grasp of the English Language and knows what context is, he's saying that Black Panther is going to be a villain. For if BP wasn't, then he would have made sure to say something to separate BP from being in the same category as the later mentioned villains.
    Last edited by Booshman; 04-28-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Hopefully that was a misinterpretation by the person writing the article or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Ok, SERIOUSLY....

How predictable that another non-Lobdell, "troll-tastic", X-writer is deciding to use Black Panther/Wakanda, after 7 years of intentionally NOT using them, to make both Logan and "The Restored Wallpaper" shine. Because you can be darn sure that T'challa (or Shuri, if she meets them) will turn them both away to such a degree, that he (or she) will look like some completely irrational jerk, and make Logan and Storm look like they're the "brave victims". No matter how justified BP/Shuri/Wakanda really is/are in turning them away, when you take even a casual glance at the previous events that involved Storm/X-writers/X-men. This is the main reason why I've loathed the X-books for years now. Not even the "Anti-Black Male Protocols", that have long predated T'challa's "Anti-Weather Protocol". It's the questionable writing, and this continued tactic of ignoring facts; all to make the "boo-hoo oppressed" X-men look as squeaky clean as possible. One major problem with this, besides the low writing, is that you have far too many "head-nodding" fans of these characters, who will go along with this and will be O.K. with having past events temporarily retconned (see: "flat out lied about"). As long as they can see the X-writers stick it to T'challa. Instead of demanding that the X-writers develop Storm and Logan on their OWN, without dragging un-related characters, (who want nothing to do with them) through the mud. With the fans who embrace this low-grade crap, it's like there is no concept of "the bare minimum" in terms of what is acceptable quality. Because the bar keeps getting lower and lower and lower.

Am I being melodramatic? Nope.

I'm just becoming increasingly jaded about the X-books, because of the stunts/gimmicks their writers have pulled in the past.

From the interview:

So giving the writer the benefit of the doubt, that he has at least a basic grasp of the English Language and knows what context is, he's saying that Black Panther is going to be a villain. For if BP wasn't, then he would have made sure to say something to separate BP from being in the same category as the later mentioned villains.

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Everybody stand up at your computer desks and hold your lighters up and sway back and forth... This is Ororo's theme song!

As a TROLL myself even I have to admire the TROLLability of the X-house because they follow rule #1 in warfare... Never leave your enemies stronghold intact!

They are like FRAK Hickman and his build up we are gonna ride on this "Catsuit Man" every chance we get and then some on a subtle subatomic below the radar yet openly molecular level!

I'm going to enjoy this for what it is since I don't believe in all this "King of The Dead" ish and the continual reign of queen Shuri so I approve of this TROLL action until a true "Point Man" is put in play and retcons all this madness!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

I get the hesistation regardibg the x-ghetto coming to Wakanda, but I am a fan of Cornell, so I will give the benefit of the doubt. Plus, its kind of hard to turn down Alan Davis rendered BP.
    GET WELL GEORGE LOPEZ

Hopefully we will see Namor in the role of a Doctor Doom lite. AVX made him a heel, and Marvel needs to follow through with this.
    GET WELL GEORGE LOPEZ