Page 32 of 676 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132532 ... LastLast
    Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

It's not the Easter eggs but the egg whites that you need for the protein...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83C3UpTHdYo

Marvel take a sip and man up on that Black Panther protein drink and put away the Hatorade!
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Groupthink is Groupthink neohuey89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ekie View Post
    Frankly, I'm tired of Easter eggs. They need to step up to the plate, grow a pair, and make the Moive. Panther is a character that has a huge chance of thriving outside the comic medium moreso than in it. I simple search of Twitter using Black panther movie will show ppl are buzzing about it. Then search Antman movie and read those results. Not so receptive.
    Yeah Wakanda already had an Easter egg. They need to stop playing and put him and Wakanda out there. I will say that with these references it's only getting closer to a black panther on the big screen.
    "I swear life is a maze. I'm just trying to get it right before I fade."

Quote Originally Posted by ekie View Post
    Frankly, I'm tired of Easter eggs. They need to step up to the plate, grow a pair, and make the Moive. Panther is a character that has a huge chance of thriving outside the comic medium moreso than in it. I simple search of Twitter using Black panther movie will show ppl are buzzing about it. Then search Antman movie and read those results. Not so receptive.
    Yeah, just scramble the eggs and do the movie.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by neohuey89 View Post
    Yeah Wakanda already had an Easter egg. They need to stop playing and put him and Wakanda out there. I will say that with these references it's only getting closer to a black panther on the big screen.
    They've had three counting this next one.

Cap's shield. Wakanda on tony's map and now this. May even be another that I missed.

1 or 2 was cute. 3 to 4 is just rubbing our noses in it. I had better SEE a wakandan give Tony that metal in Iron Man 3.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverZeal View Post
    ...... y not?
    http://www.comicvine.com/astonishing...f-5/37-213448/

My major problem with the book is the way the characters discuss Africa. Nothing good could possibly come out of Africa, right? The discussion was so one sided and negative. I honestly wanted to strangle the characters at times for discussing Africa in such a stereotypical way. ďAfrica isnít a country.Ē Really, Beast? Thanks for informing us. Iím sure we wouldnít have known that without your guidance. ďMy father used that condom for 20 years without a problem.Ē Really, African villager? You are at what looks like a state of an art hospital, but you didnít know you canít reuse a condom? It was an annoying, juvenile way to approach Africa as a subject, which seemed to jive pretty well with the over-the-top sexualized art. Once again, someone could argue that it is being written this way to kind of criticize the way the world approaches Africa, but I would have preferred the writers to take a more mature approach. - Jstarzyk

Wolverine delivers a nice recap for anyone who doesn't know that Africa has had some serious issues over the years, whilst also delivering a message of, what I felt was, total racism. "Nothing good comes out of Africa" or something like that. What? Germany, France, Britain, Austria and Russia have had their share of problems as well, are we going to say nothing good comes out of Europe either? Uncool, Ellis. - FadeToBlackBolt

Ellis' dialogue is positively terrible at some points and even comes off a tad racist. His rants about Africa didn't add much to the plot, and the remark about the 20-year-old condom made me sick. Is Warren Ellis trying to imply that this Mbangawian man was SO ignorant that he, even though he apparently knew what a condom was and how to use it--oh let me just stop there! Read it for yourself. It's pretty bad. - Roter_Sand

So I'm good on seeing him write about Africa/a African nation ever again (Don't want see any of that kind of BS near BP & Wakanda)... Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis #1 was the last Ellis comic I purchase & more then likely will ever purchase (which is find with me)..
    Pull List : X-Men: Legacy T-Bolts Avengers Academy X-23 X-Factor New Avengers Jubilee U:X-Force Red Hood/Outlaws A:X-Men Static Gotham City Sirens Black Panther Suicide Squad Wolverine New Mutants

Only thing is that's writing characters and their viewpoint. But I agree AXM:X was beyond terrible.
    He wrote something about a nation similar to Wakanda in Planetary, as they were the most advanced and also highly xenophobic, but not as cool as Wakanda.

I still think he would kill on it. I'm not sure if it's representive of his personal view point, rather then showing a diverse worldview of the characters themselves.
    Last edited by Victor Freeman; 03-03-2013 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake View Post
    http://www.comicvine.com/astonishing...f-5/37-213448/

My major problem with the book is the way the characters discuss Africa. Nothing good could possibly come out of Africa, right? The discussion was so one sided and negative. I honestly wanted to strangle the characters at times for discussing Africa in such a stereotypical way. ďAfrica isnít a country.Ē Really, Beast? Thanks for informing us. Iím sure we wouldnít have known that without your guidance. ďMy father used that condom for 20 years without a problem.Ē Really, African villager? You are at what looks like a state of an art hospital, but you didnít know you canít reuse a condom? It was an annoying, juvenile way to approach Africa as a subject, which seemed to jive pretty well with the over-the-top sexualized art. Once again, someone could argue that it is being written this way to kind of criticize the way the world approaches Africa, but I would have preferred the writers to take a more mature approach. - Jstarzyk

Wolverine delivers a nice recap for anyone who doesn't know that Africa has had some serious issues over the years, whilst also delivering a message of, what I felt was, total racism. "Nothing good comes out of Africa" or something like that. What? Germany, France, Britain, Austria and Russia have had their share of problems as well, are we going to say nothing good comes out of Europe either? Uncool, Ellis. - FadeToBlackBolt

Ellis' dialogue is positively terrible at some points and even comes off a tad racist. His rants about Africa didn't add much to the plot, and the remark about the 20-year-old condom made me sick. Is Warren Ellis trying to imply that this Mbangawian man was SO ignorant that he, even though he apparently knew what a condom was and how to use it--oh let me just stop there! Read it for yourself. It's pretty bad. - Roter_Sand

So I'm good on seeing him write about Africa/a African nation ever again (Don't want see any of that kind of BS near BP & Wakanda)... Astonishing X-Men: Xenogenesis #1 was the last Ellis comic I purchase & more then likely will ever purchase (which is find with me)..
    Ugh! Besides the terrible art, that one scene in the cockpit irked the HELL out of me. Ellis using Wolverine as his personal mouthpiece in the most blatantly hamfisted and one-sided manner, was simply pathetic. Sure Dr. Crocodile put Wolverine in his place later, but sheesh.
    Last edited by Booshman; 03-03-2013 at 03:23 PM.

good point 4sake.

Also I was shocked that the one time it would have made sense to include Black Panther in an X-men story...didnt happen. It really solidified my hatred of modern X-books.

Imagine if Ms. Marvel dated and married Banshee. And the Avengers with a Ms. Marvel centric mini-series went to IRELAND and no Banshee to be found. Only to have Wolverine lecture shamrock on Irish history.

It was beyond insulting.
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    good point 4sake.

Also I was shocked that the one time it would have made sense to include Black Panther in an X-men story...didnt happen. It really solidified my hatred of modern X-books.

Imagine if Ms. Marvel dated and married Banshee. And the Avengers with a Ms. Marvel centric mini-series went to IRELAND and no Banshee to be found. Only to have Wolverine lecture shamrock on Irish history.

It was beyond insulting.
    I'm still thinking that it's mostly how the X-office is ran--based off of several writers flat out saying it is editorially driven, as oppose to some other lines. He also made it that T'challa funded the X-men. But noticed how it was sweep under the rug?

Also did you guys see this?

On a more serious note, a woman asked about Marvel's efforts to involve minorities more in the Marvel Universe as readers. "I try to work with my writers to create content that I would respond to. [Comics for people ]who are not in comics...or someone who's on the fringes of comics but is not quite sure about them," Amanat said. She used the example of Marvel's new "Captain Marvel" series being a book that may have tweaked longtime fans of the Ms. Marvel iteration of the character. But the redesign of the heroine came about because [b]Editor Steve Wacker's goal in working on the book with Kelly Sue DeConnick was to make a comic that he could give to his daughter to read.[b]

"It's really hard. For years, the perceived wisdom was 'Girls and kids don't like comics.' Then one day you walk into the manga aisle of Barnes & Noble, and there they are," Fraction said, noting that for years the direct market was built to cater to white males, but that there's been an evolution in the DM and with digital over the last few years that has helped open the possibilities up for as many people as possible to read comics they identify with.
    I guess this never applied to some other characters? Interesting.
    This is why I don't spen Money on X-books. If I get a digital code I will read them, and even then it would take a lot to make me want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    I'm still thinking that it's mostly how the X-office is ran--based off of several writers flat out saying it is editorially driven, as oppose to some other lines. He also made it that T'challa funded the X-men. But noticed how it was sweep under the rug?

Also did you guys see this?

I guess this never applied to some other characters? Interesting.
    This is why I don't spen Money on X-books. If I get a digital code I will read them, and even then it would take a lot to make me want too.
    Thats right I thought the Wakandan financial aide would have opened the door, but apparently it was a one off. Their Relationship via SKYPE was hilarious.

And as far as the ECC comment on New Marvel. Ill believe it when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    Thats right I thought the Wakandan financial aide would have opened the door, but apparently it was a one off. Their Relationship via SKYPE was hilarious.

And as far as the ECC comment on New Marvel. Ill believe it when I see it.
    Gotta keep that Special Club Status, bro. I got a strong "We're trying to steer clear of humans can stepping in and supporting the X-men/mutants in their fight for harmony in a major way", vibe. "It's all on the shoulders of mutants!" Which directly GOES AGAINST the whole X-Men/Civil Right's analogy, as there were whites who helped blacks during that movement.

"Point Man"

Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by FLEX HECTIC View Post
    "Point Man"

Carry on...

What you trying to say Flex?

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Gotta keep that Special Club Status, bro. I got a strong "We're trying to steer clear of humans can stepping in and supporting the X-men/mutants in their fight for harmony in a major way", vibe. "It's all on the shoulders of mutants!" Which directly GOES AGAINST the whole X-Men/Civil Right's analogy, as there were whites who helped blacks during that movement.
    I was troubled when less and less mutants were being born from human parents. It set a dangerous tone. One that has obviously come home to roost. In the US against THEM mentality. Leading to Xavier's death. When he fought for US working with THEM.

I just got back from Priest's site lamerciepark.com and just realized that I have to get my dollars up and pay him to helm my entire Flex Hectic universe!

We think the same about the industry on so many levels it's scary.

I wish he would TROLL more though...