Page 4 of 676 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Freeman View Post
    T'challa is Hickman's baby--first he needs to define him--reconfigure him--set the tone, otherwise you end up with OOC portrayals like WATXM #24.

The King of the Dead is defined--then allow him to show up.
    They could have done much of this way before Hickman took over the Avengers. The groundwork would have been already laid. Priest did it. Hudlin did it. All they'd have to do is let the writers or editors get the okay from the writer and make sure that there aren't these OOC moments that plague Marvel characters. It would make sense for T'Challa to appear in these two titles since he's an Avenger. It has to start somewhere and Ithink these two would be a great place to start. Just keep him out of the X-Titles.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by marvell2100 View Post
    They could have done much of this way before Hickman took over the Avengers. The groundwork would have been already laid. Priest did it. Hudlin did it. All they'd have to do is let the writers or editors get the okay from the writer and make sure that there aren't these OOC moments that plague Marvel characters. It would make sense for T'Challa to appear in these two titles since he's an Avenger. It has to start somewhere and Ithink these two would be a great place to start. Just keep him out of the X-Titles.
    I agree. That WATXM was in bad taste, because they never want him in the titles before. But in Avengers these are people he know, and has work with who was it that smack sense in Tony doing AVX so Marvell is right. But I also understand what Victor is saying.
    Animals sense weakness, sharks smell blood in water
    Ishmael, Moses and Job, knew the divine order.

Yeah, but I think Hickman wants T'challa to have these moments in his book. Like that moment when he does something that surpass peoples expectations--like ripping out Mephisto's heart. For example--AU; it appears that T'challa is taken out. Why? Who knows--but it appears that way. So at least T'challa can be built up first--once the cat is out of the bag --then have him show up--with his full powerset revealed. He might show up in Avengers--once they are set.

I'm cool for right now--later on I hope he does start popping up and as long as he is the central character in NA, I'm good.

Agrees, keep him out of the X-verse. I read UXF and shook my head at the narrator making the head-mistress blameless. T'challa,dumb her out of nowhere? A good laugh. I guess I'm wary and cautious of Hickman not defining him in Marvel Now.

But your point is taken.

Another thing--Hickman's Panther is extremely brooding--really, T'challa over the last few years has lost more then most--that's why the X-stuff pissed me off--besides not acknowledging that there is something else going on--like saving the multi-verse, his nation and people being lay in ruin and killed, etc. Once again--he has sacrificed everything, a life of service and sacrifice--- finding love and losing it. While he's clearly being demonized in the X-books side of things--in the end I think he will have the sympathetic leg up in all of this; at least with the unbiased reader.

I still that think he is not the High-Priest--since the Queen of Wakanda is--Shuri. :)
    Last edited by Victor Freeman; 01-31-2013 at 07:00 PM.

Alot of people have been name-dropping Shuri in Cullen Bunn's Fearless Defenders Q&A thread. He's taking notice. It may be something that pans out for her.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

does Tchalla still have some form of claw/talon weapons?

Alot of people have been name-dropping Shuri in Cullen Bunn's Fearless Defenders Q&A thread. He's taking notice. It may be something that pans out for her.
    I'm glad. She's perfect. Just perfect. I could see Warrior Woman really respecting her--and the Amazons as well.

Willy Wonka Swagger! FLEX HECTIC's Avatar

Victor Freeman is on point there.

Hickman needs to coddle and nurture Black Panther before letting him lose his swagger with the rest of the Fanbratti who only have deconstruction on their minds.

It seems that there are too many Hatorade sippers at Marvel that even if Black Panther appeared in their books he would get chumped out in some way or another.

Hickman is said to have 3 years to do what he needs to do so I would prefer he hold it down until I make a name for myself and Marvel hands the character off to me to do that thang I need to do... Just putting it out there.

Unless a "Point Man" is hired and a separate office strictly for Black Panther all his guest appearances would be a waste of time with no follow up leading to more thread closings, bans and CBR revolutions.

If Marvel does this then it sends a message that the money counters upstairs are protective of Black Panther as a revenue generating intellectual property and is hands off to anything that costs them money and/or fans.

Right now they are over budget with this character after they paid a screen writer to write a movie and did nothing with it plus the sagging sales of Black Panther's ongoing comic.
    Kanye West: "Marvel Comics does not like Black Panther!"

I am a T.R.O.L.L.... Totally Ruling On Line Linguistics!

You're so vain... I bet you think this post is about you don't you!

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    Samnee is awesome. Hoping BP shows up outside NA somewhere....could it be DD? Do we Dare to dream FriendRoss?
    Speaking of Daredevil and T'Challa, am I the only one who thinks that they should be better friends/allies? I mean T'Challa did watch over Hell's Kitchen for Matt while he recovered from Shadowland, so I feel like Matt kinda owes T'Challa and I would actually like to see the two of them working together/teaming up. It would also be interesting to see how their senses match up with one another.
    "With Knowledge we built a city to rival heaven."

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Glad to see the thread is back up!!!! :)
    Same here.

*grumbles something rude about moderators too quietly to be heard*
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

T'challa is going to smash Namor...
    Used to be Jugganuat on the Marvel Boards...

So, if i follow #2 correctly the group has determined that they need to put the infinity gauntlet back together, and unless i'm nuts that means only one person can use it at a time, okay my next thought is going to be will Tchalla be the man to don it, and have we possibly seen the way by which he gets certain revenge on Namor. Would it be unfair maybe, but Tchallla is a man of his word, and his word's said that he was eventually going to wasted the fish stick. Just wishful thinking ....!
    Comfortably numb is my state of being!

Quote Originally Posted by Dkrook View Post
    So, if i follow #2 correctly the group has determined that they need to put the infinity gauntlet back together, and unless i'm nuts that means only one person can use it at a time, okay my next thought is going to be will Tchalla be the man to don it, and have we possibly seen the way by which he gets certain revenge on Namor. Would it be unfair maybe, but Tchallla is a man of his word, and his word's said that he was eventually going to wasted the fish stick. Just wishful thinking ....!
    He might wear it--but I don't want him to use it when he guts Namor, imho.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Speaking of Daredevil and T'Challa, am I the only one who thinks that they should be better friends/allies? I mean T'Challa did watch over Hell's Kitchen for Matt while he recovered from Shadowland, so I feel like Matt kinda owes T'Challa and I would actually like to see the two of them working together/teaming up. It would also be interesting to see how their senses match up with one another.
    DD & BP BFF's
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daredevil245p18.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	107997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Daredevil245p22-1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	107998
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAREDEVIL ANNUAL 0040032.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	107999
    "It would trouble me if you believed you were ever my equal"

Veteran Member

Yeah, the Panther and Dare-Devil were close friends one time back in the day- has that been dropped now?