Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Hasn't the trailer been a hit on the internet? Obviously no guarantee, but all indications seem positive so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Tra-EL View Post
    I respectively disagree. In fact, I believe there is nothing more universal in today's world as popular as the big red-S. Sure Batman has had the edge, but it wasn't too long ago he was THEE laughing stock. Though Superman has never been a laughing stock, he has suffered through the years but never losing his appeal (never will.) It wasn't until the STRONG performance from Batman Begins where the Bat-craze reignited
    You must be a visitor from some alternate history dimension. Welcome!

This will be huge. I think a billion worldwide is not improbable. Look at Skyfall.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    You must be a visitor from some alternate history dimension. Welcome!
    I am here to collapse our solar system and drain Earth's yellow sun to successfully go back to a time where Superman once ruled the world worldwide and domestically. You're either with me or against me, lmao.

I am here to collapse our solar system and drain Earth's yellow sun
    I hereby retract my welcome.

If they do have a Super-bowl spot lined up (and I hope they do), it better be action heavy.

As much as I adore the last trailer we got, the whole first half of it is too slow and somber, to be played during the athletic, action-packed event, that is the Super-Bowl.

Give us something new, and have it be exciting.

As for Box Office, I'm hoping for something between at least 400-500m, domestic.
    Last edited by ABH-1979; 01-31-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    DC: Action Comics - Detective Comics - Batman and... - Batman - Justice League
    Marvel: All-New X-Factor

BANNED

I respectively disagree. In fact, I believe there is nothing more universal in today's world as popular as the big red-S. Sure Batman has had the edge, but it wasn't too long ago he was THEE laughing stock. Though Superman has never been a laughing stock, he has suffered through the years but never losing his appeal (never will.) It wasn't until the STRONG performance from Batman Begins where the Bat-craze reignited (same could be said for the first Iron Man.) I believe Man of Steel will be just as, if not, stronger at the core than Batman Begins or Iron Man was and we'll see a more wide-spread word of mouth for Superman than we've seen in recent years.
    I saw a couple of gay jokes after Batman and Robin, I saw people despise Superman after Returns. I also see that DC haven't redone Batman's origin since Year One. How many times have they redone Superman's origin? Superman has been considered to be a boring character in the public eye for quite some time because of bad portrayals and the last good Superman film coming out in the 80s. And I really doubt Man of Steel will be as good as Batman Begins or Iron Man unless it's a big surprise. Begins had Nolan and Iron Man had Tony Stark in real life playing Tony Stark.

Hopefully Man of Steel will be very successful and get news fans into the franchise and they won't be annoying traditionalists that insist red underwear is the defining aspect of the franchise but the trailers really haven't been doing it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquacatlungfish View Post
    How many times have they redone Superman's origin? Superman has been considered to be a boring character in the public eye for quite some time because of bad portrayals and the last good Superman film coming out in the 80s.
    Ding,ding,ding, that's the problem. Not necessarily the rebooting part. Reboots are apart of the industry to garner attention and new fans to the product. Hell, how many times did Marvel come out with a new X-men origin or Hulk or Wolverine? Even Spiderman is going through changes and reboots on the big screen. Those are flagship characters to their name and with the introduction of MarvelNOW, retelling's are in order.

I never minded reboots. Rebooting origins don't necessarily come with a boring character. At the core, Superman is pretty damn interesting if you think about it. The problem with Superman, is that he is portrayed a certain way to the public and writers refuse to expand his image (which is the clear indication of Man of Steel that I LOVE. Even Lobdell is giving Supes a different voice and I like it because it's different than what we've seen from him for YEARS.)

You say Superman has had bad portrayals and the last good film was the 80's, but yet, powerhouse writers and Supe's direction over the years refused let go of an era. Hell, Geoff Johns has seen major success as a Superman writer and what was his trick? Teaming with Gary Frank, who creates Clark as a Christopher Reeve lookalike.

Even after Infinite Crisis, they went with "Last Son", teaming with Richard Donner only to add Donner-like attributes to the comics and direction. What did they do with Superman Returns to make people despise him? Create a story built for 1978. He's not boring, he just never evolved and stamped a big 'ol "ORIGIN" for a smoke and mirror.

When Superman is givin a certain different direction (like For Tomorrow) fans flip (though it was an Elseworlds.) That outcry right there tells you how important Superman still is to the industry. Fans always cry foul for how "perfect and "powerful" he is, but yet, refuse to allow changes and expect the writers to just be as powerful and perfect in their depictions.

I love what Lobdell is doing with Superman. I like what Morrison has done with the character. Hopefully, Scott Snyder and Jim Lee can kick off a Superman series that can re-position himself to be "interesting" again without referring back to the Christopher Reeve era as a go-to!
    Last edited by Tra-EL; 01-31-2013 at 11:16 AM.

I hate the trailer. It actually turns me off and I don't want to see it. But, fortunately most folks aren't like me and will go see Big Blue (even more blue than usual wink,wink) to the tune of 900 million.
    Marvel : Moon Knight, Savage Hulk (6/25), Original Sin (5/7)

DC : Aquaman, Aquaman & the Others