Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    If enough people talk about it it is.
    That's not dramatic enough to get people talking. While we might know that "a good product at a good price" is rather new, it's too subtle to generate any actual talking.

What you're missing is that to get people talking, they have to do dramatic things, and people seem to inevitably want to call that "desperate" or whatever. But it's just a part of drawing interest to a product.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

government's watching you matt levin's Avatar
    western Massachusetts, USA; rural, river valley

Here's something else I don't give a damn about. I'll buy the titles I usually buy and grimace at (or at least, have come to expect grimace-worthy material) the what the oh-we-can't-say-that-here material, and fully expect that by summer it'll all go away.
    Walking Man Comics

Age/Bronze-A.S.Westrn-AstroCity-Amelia-CourtneyC.-Brody'sGhost-DD-Dial H-Fables-Fatale-Fell-Goon-Groo-Hellboy-Mudman-NextWave-Rocketeer-StarDrop-Thief-Usagi-Wolff/Byrd-Unwritten

..for whom the bell tolls The Frozen Reptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Spatola View Post
    This isn't Detective #900; they are still using the New 52 numbering.
    If they went back to the original numbering' I think all the recent fanboys would be confused. I am one of those people pissed at the Action/Detective renumbering in the first place. There was something awe-inspiring with the old numbers.
    "Make yourself comfortable, I haven’t time to attend to it." - With these words, a legend was born.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frozen Reptile View Post
    If they went back to the original numbering' I think all the recent fanboys would be confused. I am one of those people pissed at the Action/Detective renumbering in the first place. There was something awe-inspiring with the old numbers.
    If they really felt they needed a shiny brand-spanking new Issue #1! on the cover for the start of the New 52, I can understand that . . . but they could have done split numbering, like say "Detectice Comics #1 / #882".
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Would the recent fanboys (and girls) be confused if DC reverts back to old numbering? Maybe but then I think quite a few of those new fans have since stopped buying their comics judging by how numbers are falling.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    Would the recent fanboys (and girls) be confused if DC reverts back to old numbering? Maybe but then I think quite a few of those new fans have since stopped buying their comics judging by how numbers are falling.
    Or all of the new fans are still there and it's the old fans who are dropping out. So going back to the old numbering would just lose even more.
    The DC relaunch was successful and was executed in what was most likely the best way it could given restrictions we wouldn't know about. No, your idea wouldn't have worked. Now move on.

hi glennsim I think its probably a combination of both. I think some old fans have been disappointed with the New 52 and some of the new readers have found it a somewhat confusing universe considering DC didnt just jettison everything from the old but hedged their bets and spun it all into a new 5-year timeline. As I said right from the beginning I do believe DC will revert back to the original numbering at some point. Plus it would be a huge press story too.

FF purist-snob

Detective 900 is too soon after the DCnU for any big changes, or so it could be argued. The 75th anniversary of Superman is right about here. can DC celebrate that and still try to convince people it's an all-new character? And Detective 900 is small potatoes compared to the approaching true test: Action 1000. I had wished that Action and Detective had kept their numbering. Seriously, who really believes Supes and Bats are new characters.

I also don't think it would be much of a problem to convince people that these stories are different than the old stories. After all, we understand Alex O'Loughlin and Jack Lord are two different Steve McGarretts on Hawaii Five-O. It ain't a stretch to place red shorts Superman and non-shorts Superman as "different" characters. Chris Pine and William Shatner.

I like the fact DC's comfortable enough to start mentioning its past again. I think it was pretty obvious it was going to happen someday (Action 1000, I'm looking at you), but this was sooner than I would have guessed.
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP

hi CaptCleghorn i think its great DC are more comfortable talking about their past. Its a past they should be proud of. And they did say with the new 52 expect the unexpected! Wouldnt it be an interesting twist if everything has to revert but they could just combine the two universes. And lets face it with the big daddy of them all Action 1000 I said all along DC would never miss celebrating that. Now that doesnt mean they have to revert to the old numbering but lets face it comic companies (especially DC and Marvel) love to big note themselves so it would be pretty wise to do so in terms of publicity (which would be enormous) and sales.

Quote Originally Posted by zryson View Post
    hi CaptCleghorn i think its great DC are more comfortable talking about their past. Its a past they should be proud of. And they did say with the new 52 expect the unexpected! Wouldnt it be an interesting twist if everything has to revert but they could just combine the two universes. And lets face it with the big daddy of them all Action 1000 I said all along DC would never miss celebrating that. Now that doesnt mean they have to revert to the old numbering but lets face it comic companies (especially DC and Marvel) love to big note themselves so it would be pretty wise to do so in terms of publicity (which would be enormous) and sales.
    I don't think they should revert back. That would insinuate that it was a mistake to do the new continuity. I think they should just stick to the new continuity.

FF purist-snob

Quote Originally Posted by glennsim View Post
    I don't think they should revert back. That would insinuate that it was a mistake to do the new continuity. I think they should just stick to the new continuity.
    I don't think they will. Like with the Post COIE DCU, bits and pieces of previous continuities will slip in but not a total reversal.

And don't think I didn't notice you sneaking on and scarfing the 100th post here, If I wasn't so envious, I'd congratulate you.
    "Cant say it better than CaptCleghorn." - RolandJP

I dont think it would be saying that it was a mistake to do the New 52 but like other fans have mentioned DC's Universe usually undergoes a regular shake-up. And that doesnt mean they have to throw out everything they did in the new 52, but Trinity War is coming, and I'm sure other 'event' storylines considering they usually plot a year or two in advance, so it would make sense to celebrate Action 1000. Plus the publicity would be enormous. And lets face it I know I would (along with many people) love to buy an Action 1000. It would be a nice comic moment. All those people who shared in the legacy and crafting of Superman's journey.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I don't think they will. Like with the Post COIE DCU, bits and pieces of previous continuities will slip in but not a total reversal.

And don't think I didn't notice you sneaking on and scarfing the 100th post here, If I wasn't so envious, I'd congratulate you.
    It was actually the 5th post, it just seems like the 100th.

The people in the Marvel offices must be LOL-ing, along with anyone else who hears this news.