Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

spoilers:
    Easy (100 possible points)

Who are the five founding Avengers? (5 points each) Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Ant Man, Wasp

In what four identities does a certain time-traveling scientist from the 31st century appear? (5 points each)

Kang, Immortus, Rama Tut, Scarlet Centurion

What super-villain does he suggest might also be an incarnation of himself? (5 points)

Dr. Doom

Which Avenger is the first to make with the "Avengers Assemble!" battle cry? (5 points)

Captain America

Why is the Vision crying in "Even An Android Can Cry?" (5 points)

Allowed to join Avengers

Who disguises himself as Carol Danvers to lure Captain Marvel into a trap? (5 points)

Super Skrull

Who disguises himself as Rutland Halloween parade organizer Tom Fagan to lure the Avengers into a trap? (5 points)

Loki

Which member of Zodiac is the father of Mantis? (5 points)

Libra

In what order do these Avengers join the team? (25 points)

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

Captain America, Swordsman, Hercules, Black Knight, Black Widow

Hard (150 possible points)

What six super-heroes fight on the Defenders side in the Avengers/Defenders war? (10 points each)

Sub-Mariner, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Valkyrie, Hulk, Hawkeye

What New York City landmark did Jack Kirby use as the model for Avengers Mansion? (10 points)

What tiny Balkan nation is the homeland of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch? (10 points)

Trasnia

What three characters turn down Avengers membership? (10 points each)

Daredevil, Spider-Man, ?

Name all 21 guests at Yellowjacket and the Wasp's wedding. (10 points each)

Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Panther, Vision, Thing, Invisible Girl, Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch

Hardest (250 possible points)

Where was Loki imprisoned at the beginning of Avengers #1? (20 points)

In a tree on the Ilse of Silence

What five figures from myth, legend and history did Immortus pit against our heroes in Avengers #10? (10 points each)

Paul Bunyan, Genghis Khan, Hercules, Goliath, ?

Name the three ants who accompanied Ant-Man on his "Journey to the Center of the Android?" (10 points each)

Crosby, Stills, Nash

Which one got killed? (10 points)

Nash

What eight super-heroes did Rick Jones materialize out of thin air with his temporary superpowers during the Kree/Skrull War? (10 points each)

Patriot, original Vision, Captain America, Sub-Mariner, Angel, original Human Torch, Blazing Skull, ?

Who wrote the poem used to narrate a scene of a young boy playing football with Ultron's skull? (20 points)

Who wrote the poem the Scarlet Witch recites to Arkon the Magnificent? (20 points)

What did the Black Knight throw in the Well at the Center of Time? (20 points)

His Black Sword

Bonus Round (500 possible points)

Name the members of the following super-teams.
    (5 points each, plus 10 for each complete team plus 50 for getting all ten complete teams.

1. The Beast Brood (8 members)
    2. The Legion of the Unliving (6 members)

Midnight, Wonder Man, The Ghost, original Human Torch, Frankenstein, Baron Zemo
    3. The Lethal Legion (5 members)
    4. The Liberators (5 members)
    5. The Masters of Evil (1964 incarnation - 6 members)

Melter, Zemo, Enchantress, Executioner, Radioactive Man, Wonder Man

6. The Masters of Evil (1968 incarnation - 6 members)

Radioactive Man, Black Knight

7. The Split-Second Squad (7 members)*
    8. The Squadron Sinister (4 members)

Hyperion, Nighthawk, Dr. Spectrum, Whizzer
    9. The Titanic Three (3 members)

Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Radioactive Man

10. The Triumvirate of Terror (3 members)

* One member is never identified by name. Free 5 points.

What were the Swordsman's last words? (44 points)

That he was just one of those people who doesn't count. Iron Man corrects him that "Every Avenger counts".

And there we go. I'll post the answers Monday morning. Have fun!

Cei-U!
    I summon the secondhand quinjet!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Jolly Mon; 01-31-2013 at 09:35 AM.
    One lab accident away from being a super-villain

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U! View Post
    ...at least until somebody posts a harder one!
    Can you get all 1,000 points and proclaim yourself Avengers Fan Numero Uno?
    I'm not much of an Avengers expert, but I'll give it a go...
    spoilers:

Who are the five founding Avengers? (5 points each)
    Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Ant-Man, and Wasp.

In what four identities does a certain time-traveling scientist from the 31st century appear? (5 points each)
    Kang the Conquerer...and, uh, was it something like "The Living Pharaoh"?
    What super-villain does he suggest might also be an incarnation of himself? (5 points)
    Dr. Doom?
    Which Avenger is the first to make with the "Avengers Assemble!" battle cry? (5 points)
    I'm uncertain, but I'd guess Hawkeye.
    Because his corset is too tight? I remember him being drawn with a very waspish wasted in that issue...
    Who disguises himself as Carol Danvers to lure Captain Marvel into a trap? (5 points)
    Don't know this one...
    Who disguises himself as Rutland Halloween parade organizer Tom Fagan to lure the Avengers into a trap? (5 points)
    Nor this....
    I'm picturing Bob Brown art of a guy with a blindfold, so it must be Libra.

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

Captain America was first, Swordsman next. Black Widow was the last of these five. Herc and the Knight come between Swordsman and Natasha, and I think (but am not certain) that Herc was before the Knight.

This is the easy stuff? I'm not feeling good about my chances...

What six super-heroes fight on the Defenders side in the Avengers/Defenders war? (10 points each)

The Defenders hadn't shaken up their lineup much at that point. I'm pretty sure it was Dr. Strange, Namor, Hulk, Sub-Mariner, and Valkyrie with Hawkeye allying himself with them.

What New York City landmark did Jack Kirby use as the model for Avengers Mansion? (10 points)
    ?
    What tiny Balkan nation is the homeland of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch? (10 points)
    ?
    Spider-Man? (or was that in FF that he was told it wasn't a paying gig?)
    I seem to recall Black Widow refusing her first offer?
    I don't know who else might have turned them down.
    I'm sure I could get a lot of these just by naming the Avengers of the era, but I don't think I'll try. I'm pretty sure Stan and Jack snubbed this one, though.

Dangit, a bunch of JLA-related prisons are springing to mind. A distant asteroid?
    What five figures from myth, legend and history did Immortus pit against our heroes in Avengers #10? (10 points each)
    Hey, wait, Immortus was one of those Kang-related villains from the "easy" questions, wasn't he? Can I go back and add to my answers?
    Name the three ants who accompanied Ant-Man on his "Journey to the Center of the Android?" (10 points each)
    I think they were named after alien expletives from EC comics, weren't they? Spa Fon, Squa Tront, something like that?
    Nope...
    What eight super-heroes did Rick Jones materialize out of thin air with his temporary superpowers during the Kree/Skrull War? (10 points each)
    OK, conjuring up the mental image of that splash...it was one of my earliest comics, and I think I can get most of them:
    The Fin, The Destroyer, The Vision, The Blazing Skull, uh...The Human Torch?
    Who wrote the poem used to narrate a scene of a young boy playing football with Ultron's skull? (20 points)
    Shelley? I think it was Ozymandias. But hey, I just realized, wouldn't that metal skull be kind of painful to kick?
    Who wrote the poem the Scarlet Witch recites to Arkon the Magnificent? (20 points)
    I don't know...Ogden Nash would have been funny, though.
    His Ebon Blade? Just a guess, but I'm semi-remembering a letters page from an issue of Defenders where someone complained that the Black Knight had been depicted with a sword that he had been shown to have lost.

(5 points each, plus 10 for each complete team plus 50 for getting all ten complete teams.

Well, at least I get the free 5 points here. I can make a stab at a couple of these teams:
    4. The Liberators: Valkyrie, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow...and one more. Enchantress?
    8. Squadron Sinister: Nighthawk, Hyperion, Dr. Spectrum...and, uh, Jack B. Quick?
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by MWGallaher; 01-31-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    "We're Santa's elves, and we're here to tell you about ourselves!"--Summer and Eve

spoilers:

Ant-Man, Wasp, Iron Man, Thor, Hulk

Immortus, Kang, Paroah Rama-Tut, Scarlet Centurion

Dr Doom

Captain America?

Being taken in by the Avengers as a member after trying to destroy them as a tool of Ultron

No idea

Can't remember

No idea

c, d, a, b, e?

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

Hawkeye, Hulk, Valkyrie, Sub-Mariner, Silver Surger, Dr Strange

No idea

Transia

Moondragon, Hellcat, Wonder Wart-Hog

Oh good grief! Erm. Cap, Thor, Iron Man, Hercules, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Mr Fantastic, Invisible Girl, Thing, Human Torch, Spider-Man, Honey Monster, Hit-Monkey, Stan & Jack, Wonder Woman, Captain Scarlet, Nick Fury, Shuma-Gorath, Uncle Tom Cobbley.

The Isle of .... um... somethiing. Mist?

Hercules, Ares, Achilles, Plato & Aristophanes

Larry, Moe & Curly
    Moe

Double good grief! Coil-Man, Fluid-Man, Multi-Man, Harry Potter, Smurfette, Cresta Bear, Cool-Aid Man & Desperate Dan. Some of these may be guesses

Now you're just being silly.

Alfred Lord Tennyson

4d in pre-decimal coinage

1. The Beast Brood (8 members) Never heard of them
    2. The Legion of the Unliving (6 members) Captain Marvel, Dr Druid, Yellowjacket 2, Swordsman, um, some other dead people. Most of which are probably not retconned to never having been dead
    3. The Lethal Legion (5 members) Pass
    4. The Liberators (5 members) Valkyrie (actually Enchantress in disguise), Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Invisible Girl, Medusa
    5. The Masters of Evil (1964 incarnation - 6 members) Baron Zemo, Enchantress, Executioner, Black Knight (bucket-head version)
    6. The Masters of Evil (1968 incarnation - 6 members) Whirlwind, Klaw. Um. Melter? Some other people
    7. The Split-Second Squad (7 members)* Who?
    8. The Squadron Sinister (4 members) Dr Spectrum, Hyperion, Whizzer, Nighthawk
    9. The Titanic Three (3 members) Who?
    10. The Triumvirate of Terror (3 members) Who?

Something about "Funny now they call Cap a villain and me a hero.... aaargh!"

Cei-U!
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Simon Garth; 01-31-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Garth View Post
    Coil-Man, Fluid-Man, Multi-Man, Harry Potter, Smurfette, Cresta Bear, Cool-Aid Man & Desperate Dan.
    I would totally collect that comic, dude.

Some of these may be guesses

Cei-U!
    I summon the excellent bluff!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Garth View Post
    & Desperate Dan.
    I am not now, nor have I ever been, a participant in any unpleasantness between the Krees & Skrulls.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

Lest recent dealings of mine with Kurt give me an unfair advantage in this matter, I'll limit myself to answers I'm pretty sure I (thought I) knew or at least could reasonably guess at beforehand --

Who are the five founding Avengers? (5 points each)Thor
    Hulk
    Ant-Man
    Wasp
    Iron Man

In what four identities does a certain time-traveling scientist from the 31st century appear? (5 points each)Kang the Conqueror
    Rama-Tut
    Immortus

Captain America?

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

Captain America
    Hercules
    Swordsman
    Black Widow
    Black Knight

Spider-Man
    Hulk

Name all 21 guests at Yellowjacket and the Wasp's wedding. (10 points each)Iron Man
    Captain America
    Hawkeye
    Thor
    Black Panther
    Spider-Man
    Ben Grimm
    Reed Richards
    Sue Storm
    Johnny Storm
    Quicksilver
    Scarlet Witch
    Doctor Strange

Who wrote the poem used to narrate a scene of a young boy playing football with Ultron's skull? (20 points)Shelley?
    Last edited by Dan B. in the Underworld; 01-31-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

Veteran Member

To celebrate completing that fershlugginer article for Alter Ego, I thought I'd see how much youse guys know about everybody's favorite assemblers. You're on the honor system so no Google or Wikkipedia! Keep in mind that the quiz, like my article, covers only The Avengers #1-135, Avengers King-Size Special #1-2 and Giant-Size Avengers #1-4. Can you get all 1,000 points and proclaim yourself Avengers Fan Numero Uno?
    spoilers:

Thor
    Iron Man
    Hank Pym (Ant Man?)
    Janet Van Dyne (Wasp)
    Hulk

Kang
    Rama-Tut
    Immortus

Doctor Doom

Thor

He was just accepted by the Avengers as a member (even though he had recently attacked them under the orders of Ultron).

Super-Skrull? (don't remember this at all so I'm guessing a shape-shifting Skrull)

????

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    a. The Black Knight
    e. The Swordsman
    b. The Black Widow

[]Hard[/b] (150 possible points)

Silver Surfer
    Hulk
    Sub-Mariner
    Doctor Strange
    Valkyrie
    ????

????

Latveria?

Moondragon
    Hellcat

????

????

????

????

Percy Shelley (Oxymandias)

Tennyson

????

1. The Beast Brood (8 members) ????
    Frankenstein's Monster
    Wonder Man
    MoKF villain dressed all in black with hat, cape, and mask
    ????

Living Laser
    Whirlwind
    ????

Valkyrie (Enchantress)
    Scarlet Witch
    Wasp
    Black Widow
    Medusa

Zemo
    ????

Zemo
    ????

7. The Split-Second Squad (7 members)* ????
    Hyperion
    Doctor Spectrum
    Nighthawk
    Golden Arrow
    (this is the wrong Squadron, isn't it ...)
    9. The Titanic Three (3 members) ????
    10. The Triumvirate of Terror (3 members) ????

???? (arrggh ... should remember this - he was sort of apologising for letting down the team and not being the hero he could have been ... I remember Hawkeye's thoughts at his funeral ...
    end of spoilers

My memory sucks. I am shamed.

spoilers:

Ant Man, Wasp, Hulk, Thor, Iron Man

Kang, Rama Tut, Immortus, AND...

Dr. Doom

Thor

Because the others accept him.

Space Phantom

Space Phantom

Libra

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

Captain America, Hercules, Black Knight, Swordsman, Black Widow

Valkyrie, Gargoyle, Nighthawk, Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, Hulk

Romania

Spider-Man, Daredevil, Wonder Man

Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Black Panther, Vision, Nick Fury, Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, Invisible Woman, Stan Lee, Professor X, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Angel, Dr. Strange, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch

Dark Dimension

Genghis Khan, Outlaw Kid, Lancelot, Gilgamesh, Alexander the Great

Vision, Blazing Skull, Captain America, Bucky, Human Torch, Toro, Sub-Mariner, Golden Girl

Tennyson

Byron

Captain Marvel, Wonder Man, Swordsman, Frankenstein, Bucky...

Living Laser, Chemistro, Whirldwind, Ultron, Grim Reaper

Valkyrie, Black Widow, Medusa, Crystal, Wasp

Enchantress, Executioner, Black Knight, Baron Zemo, Whiplash, Whirlwind

Enchantress, Executioner, Baron Zemo, Radioactive Man, Crimson Dynamo, Whirlwind

Hyperion, Nighthawk, Whizzer, Dr. Spectrum

Radioactive Man, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man

Ultron, Egghead, Baron Zemo

"I hope I don't get reincarnated as a plant."
    end of spoilers
    formerly coke & comics

Sleepwalker is Sandman done right. ~Tadhg

I vaguely remembered one of the folklore character. But I suspected my memory was betraying me, because it seems too oddball. So I decided not to guess that character. Now, it turns out every other person is guessing that character I omitted!
    "I don't care if they have definite connections to the boy scouts. They have Weapon X - I want him back. We spent a lot of money and resources developing and training him - not to mention your group as well - I won't see it thrown away."
    - Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, April 1979

Unfortunately, Wolverine escaped to the U.S. with the X-Men. Soon after this stunning debacle, Trudeau's Liberal Party would go down to defeat in the May 1979 election.

spoilers:

Who are the five founding Avengers? (5 points each) Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Ant-Man, Wasp

In what four identities does a certain time-traveling scientist from the 31st century appear? (5 points each) Kang, Immortus, Rama-Tut, Scarlet Centurion

What super-villain does he suggest might also be an incarnation of himself? (5 points) Doctor Doom

Which Avenger is the first to make with the "Avengers Assemble!" battle cry? (5 points) Captain America

Why is the Vision crying in "Even An Android Can Cry?" (5 points) The Avengers accepted him onto the team.

Who disguises himself as Carol Danvers to lure Captain Marvel into a trap? (5 points) Super-Skrull

Who disguises himself as Rutland Halloween parade organizer Tom Fagan to lure the Avengers into a trap? (5 points) The Collector

Which member of Zodiac is the father of Mantis? (5 points) Libra

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

c, d, a, b, e

What six super-heroes fight on the Defenders side in the Avengers/Defenders war? (10 points each) Doctor Strange, Sub-Mariner, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, Hawkeye

What New York City landmark did Jack Kirby use as the model for Avengers Mansion? (10 points) Gracie Mansion

What tiny Balkan nation is the homeland of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch? (10 points) Transia

What three characters turn down Avengers membership? (10 points each) Daredevil, Moondragon, Hellcat

Name all 21 guests at Yellowjacket and the Wasp's wedding. (10 points each) Captain America, Hawkeye, Black Knight, Thor, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Prof. X, Cyclops, Beast, Angel, Iceman, Marvel Girl, Dr. Strange, Daredevil, Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Girl, Human Torch, Thing

Where was Loki imprisoned at the beginning of Avengers #1? (20 points) The Isle of Silence

What five figures from myth, legend and history did Immortus pit against our heroes in Avengers #10? (10 points each) Hercules, Merlin

Name the three ants who accompanied Ant-Man on his "Journey to the Center of the Android?" (10 points each) Crosby, Stills, and Nash

Which one got killed? (10 points) Nash

What eight super-heroes did Rick Jones materialize out of thin air with his temporary superpowers during the Kree/Skrull War? (10 points each) Captain America, Sub-Mariner, Human Torch, Patriot, Blazing Skull, Fin, Angel, Vision

Who wrote the poem used to narrate a scene of a young boy playing football with Ultron's skull? (20 points) Shelley

Who wrote the poem the Scarlet Witch recites to Arkon the Magnificent? (20 points) Shakespeare

What did the Black Knight throw in the Well at the Center of Time? (20 points) His sword

2. The Legion of the Unliving (6 members) Frankenstein's Monster, Human Torch, Flying Dutchman, Baron Zemo
    3. The Lethal Legion (5 members) Living Laser, Man-Ape, Grim Reaper
    4. The Liberators (5 members) Valkyrie (actually Enchantress in disguise), Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Black Widow, Medusa
    5. The Masters of Evil (1964 incarnation - 6 members) Baron Zemo, Black Knight, Enchantress, Executioner, Melter, Radioactive Man
    8. The Squadron Sinister (4 members) Hyperion, Whizzer, Dr. Spectrum, Nighthawk
    9. The Titanic Three (3 members) Crimson Dynamo, Radioactive Man, Titanium Man

end of spoilers
    -JKC-
    Glorianna - Barbarian adventure! New page every Friday!

"When A T-Guy ATTEMPTS!!"

To celebrate completing that fershlugginer article for Alter Ego, I thought I'd see how much youse guys know about everybody's favorite assemblers. You're on the honor system so no Google or Wikkipedia! Keep in mind that the quiz, like my article, covers only The Avengers #1-135, Avengers King-Size Special #1-2 and Giant-Size Avengers #1-4. Can you get all 1,000 points and proclaim yourself Avengers Fan Numero Uno?

The Wasp, Ant Man, Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk

Kang the Conqueror; Rama Tut; Immortus; Rama Tut (Take 2)

Dr Doom

The Wasp?

Because he is not human?

Rick Jones?

Loki?

Libra

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

1. Captain America
    2. The Swordsman
    3. Hercules
    4. The Black Knight
    5. The Black Widow
    [

The Hulk
    The Sub-Mariner
    Dr. Strange
    The Silver Surfer
    The Valkyrie
    Hawkeye

The Playboy Mansion?

Moldovia?

Mantis is the only one I can recall.

I'll get back to you on this one... trying to recall if some of them turned up in civilian guise.

Okay, let's see how I can do from memory:

Nick Fury
    Timothy Aloysius 'Dum-Dum' Dugan
    Peter Parker
    Prof X
    Cyclops
    Marvel Girl
    Iceman
    The Beast
    The Angel
    Tony Stark
    Dr Strange

The Isle of the Norns (or something similar)

Hercules (Atlas in the U. K. reprint)
    Goliath

Huey, Dewey and Louie

Pass.

The Vision
    The Destroyer
    The Fin
    Five others

William Wordsworth

His sword.

No idea. I’ll guess Man-Ape, Frog-Man and The Owl from DD’s rogues gallery team up with, oh, heck, let’s say Dr. Octopus, The Lizard, Ziggy Pig, Howard the Duck and Joseph William Mallard Turner. How should I know?

You know what? When I wrote ‘Man-Ape’ there, I was thinking of the DD villain (Ape-Man) from the Trio Team (see Spidey and DD in Marvel Team-Up No. 26 or so), but it occurs to me that the Black Panther’s foe Man-Ape is a more likely candidate. Him and seven others.

The Original Human Torch, Frankenstein’s Monster, Midnight… Crumbs! I can see the cover in my mind’s eye (No. 132 or so) but can’t think of the other three members. I’ve an idea one was from classic literature. 09 Morgan?

The Living Laser. That’s all I can think of. Again, I can see at least an approximation of the cover in my mind’s eye. This was a rascally Roy ‘The Boy’ Thomas issue, so I’ll plead for a bonus point by putting it to you that the story introducing this conglomeration of villainy was entitled “Lo! The Lethal Legion!!”

The Valkyrie… Black Widow? Scarlet Witch?

Baron or Doctor Zemo
    The Executioner
    The Enchantress
    The Black Knight
    The Melter

Sorry, I’m blanking on the sixth member, though I’d guess that it ought to be one of Giant-Man’s foes (or did Hank fight the Black Knight before that character tried his luck against ol’ Shellhead?). However, I also have a feeling that it was another third-rate foe of Iron Man, only not any of the ones I can actually think of at the moment (Jack Frost, the Scarecrow, Dr Strange, Kala, Queen of the Netherworld, et cetera). I’m pretty sure it wasn’t the Crimson Dynamo or Titanium Man.

Baron or Doctor Zemo
    The Whirlwind
    Man-Ape
    Titanium Man

Six named characters and one who was un-named – please may I have five free points?

Superman, Batman, The Flash, Green Lantern.

Sorry. I could not resist that one. It was:

Hyperion
    Nighthawk
    The Whizzer
    Dr. Spectrum

The Slasher
    Titanium Man
    The Crimson Dynamo

In the Avengers? Isn’t this Daredevil’s team of third-rate foes? Cat-Man, Frog-Man and Bird-Man? (Stan, could you not be more specific? It’s not like there aren’t enough species of birds out there that they’ve all been used already).

‘I will.’ Then the Vicar turned him into a tree.

Cei-U!
    Anyone who scores 100% on that quiz deserves the pink slip for one of those babies.

Last edited by T GUy; 02-01-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Hulk, Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp

Kang, Rama-Tut, Rama-Tut II, Scarlet Centurian

Immortus

Thor

He had just been given Avengers membership

Super Skrull

The Collector

Libra

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

Captain America -> Swordsman -> Hercules -> Black Knight -> Black Widow

Doc Strange, Hulk, Sub-Mariner, Valkyie, Hawkeye, Silver Surfer

Sub-Mariner (#16); Daredevil (#111); Black Widow (prior to #45)

Mr Fantastic
    Invisible Girl
    Crystal,
    Human Torch
    Thing
    Cyclops
    Iceman
    Beast
    Angel
    Marvel Girl
    Nick Fury
    Spider-Man
    Iron Man
    Captain America
    Daredevil
    Doctor Strange
    J Jonah Jameson
    Black Knight

Isle of Sorrows

Goliath, Paul Bunyan, Merlin

Crosby, Stills & Nash

Crosby

Captain America, Sub-Mariner, (Android) Human Torch, The Patriot, The Vision, The Angel, The Fin, Blazing Skull

His sword

Lorelli, Piper, Gigantus, Brain Child

Baron Zemo, Midnight, Wonder Man, (Android) Human Torch, Ghost, Frankenstein Monster

Living Laser, Swordsman, Power Man, Grim Reaper, Man-Ape

Valkyrie, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Medusa, Black Widow

Baron Zemo, Radioactive Man, Melter, Black Knight, Enchantress, Executioner

Crimson Cowl, Radioactive Man, Melter, Black Knight, Klaw, Whirlwind

To my shame, I can't even place them !

Hyperion, Nighthawk, Doctor Spectrum, Whizzer

Black Widow, Swordsman, Power Man

Pile Driver, Hammerhead, Smasher

Sorry Hon, I forgot to duck !

My Avengers knowledge is not my best subject, but I’ll give this a try.

Thor; Hulk; Wasp: Iron Man: Giant-Man

Kang; Rama-Tut; Immortus; Vandal Savage

Dr. Doom

Captain America

He finds out he’s not human.

Super-Skrull

Guess: Super Skrull

Libra

c. Captain America
    e. The Swordsman
    d. Hercules
    a. The Black Knight

b. The Black Widow

Dr. Strange; Subby; Hulk; Black Knight; Valkyrie; Silver Surfer

Stan Lee’s house

Transia

Black Knight (at first)
    Spider-Man
    Daredevil

Thor; Hawkeye; Cap; Fantastic Four; Quicksilver; Scarlet Witch; Panther; Vision; Comrade X; Doom Patrol; X-Men; Seven Soldiers of Victory

Guess: A cave in Asgard

Guess: Enemy Ace; Viking Prince; Jonah Hex; Black Pirate; Arak

Crosby, Stills, and Nash

Guess: Young

Blazing Skull; The Fin; Destroyer; Patriot; Cap; Sub-Mariner; Human Torch; Toro; Bucky

“Ozymandias,” P.B. Shelley

Guess: “Oh, the Things You Could Do”

Guess: The Eye of Agamotto

These are for real?

Guess: Beast; Cat; Vulture; Razorback; Kangaroo; Owl; Man-Ape; Stingray
    Guess: Dracula; Living Mummy; Frankenstein’s Monster; Werewolf by Night; the Zombie (from the Marvel horror comic)
    Living Laser; Klaw;
    Guess: Valkyrie; Black Widow; Moondragon; Cat;
    Living Laser;
    Klaw; Living Laser; Whirlwind; Melter
    7. The Split-Second Squad (7 members) (Is this another name for the least popular heterosexual comic book males?)
    Guess: Quicksilver; Speedy; Whirlwind; Johnny Quick; Whizzer; the Thin Man; Doll Man; Fastback
    Guess: The DC doppelgangers: Nighthawk; Dr. Spectrum; Superman-type guy; Wonder Woman-woman
    Guess: Executioner; Enchantress; Loki
    Guess: Executioner; Enchantress; Loki

"At least I wasn't in the Split-Second Squad!"

Thor ,Ironman, Hulk, Antman, Wasp
    Dr. Doom, Immortus, Kang,

Kang and Dr. Doom

Captain America?

He is welcomed into the Avengers

The Super Skrull

The Collector

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

Cap
    Swordsman
    Hercules
    Black Knight
    Black Widow

Dr. Strange, Namor, Hulk, Valkrie, Silver Surfer, Hawkeye

City hall

Spider-man, HellCat, Silver Surfer

daredevil, Black Panther, Vision, Hawkeye, Captain America,Mr. Fantastic, Torch, Thing, Sue Richard,Dr. Strange,Crystal,

He was in a tree

Hercules, Paul Bunyan,

Crosby, Stills and Nash
    NASH?

The Vision, Blazing Skull, Namor, Cap America,The Human Torch, The Angel,

His magical sword

Wasp, Medusa,Valkrie, Black Widow, Scarlett Witch
    Zemo, Black Knight,The Melter,The executioner,Enchantress, Radio Active man
    Hyperion, Whizzer,Knight hawk,Dr. Sperctum
    Namor, Silver Surfer, Hulk

Cei-U!
    Life is what you make it.

Answers! Answers! Answers!

Ant-Man, The Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, The Wasp

Immortus, Kang the Conqueror, Rama-Tut, The Scarlet Centurion

What super-villain did he suggest might also be an incarnation of himself? (5 points)
    Dr. Doom

Thor, in The Avengers #14

Why was the Vision crying in "Even An Android Can Cry?" (5 points)
    The Avengers made him a member.

Who disguised himself as Carol Danvers to lure Captain Marvel into a trap? (5 points)
    The Super-Skrull

Who disguised himself as Rutland Halloween parade organizer Tom Fagan to lure the Avengers into a trap? (5 points)
    The Collector

Libra

In what order did these Avengers join the team? (25 points)
    c. Captain America (joined in #4)
    e. The Swordsman (joined in #20)
    d. Hercules (joined in #45)
    a. The Black Knight (joined in #71)
    b. The Black Widow (joined in #111)

Hard
    (150 possible points)

What six super-heroes fought on the Defenders side in the Avengers/Defenders war? (10 points each)
    Dr. Strange, Hawkeye, The Hulk, The Silver Surfer, The Sub-Mariner, The Valkyrie

The Frick Collection art museum

Transia

What three characters turned down Avengers membership? (10 points each)
    The Sub-Mariner (in #16), Spider-Man (in The Amazing Spider-Man King-Size Special #3), Daredevil (in #111). Moondragon and Hellcat's membership offers came after the period covered by this quiz.

The Angel, The Beast, The Black Knight, The Black Panther, Captain America, Crystal, Cyclops, Daredevil, Dr. Strange, Col. Nick Fury, Hawkeye, The Human Torch, Iceman, The Invisible Girl, Iron Man, Marvel Girl, Alicia Masters, Mr. Fantastic, Spider-Man, The Thing, The Vision.

Thor was off battling the Silver Surfer, Professor X was supposedly dead, Jarvis was supervising the caterers and the Circus of Crime were the caterers.

Hardest
    (250 possible points)

The Isle of Silence (I'll also accept Asgard)

Attila the Hun, Paul Bunyan, Goliath, Hercules, Merlin the Magician

Crosby, Stills and Nash

"That's Crosby all over!"

The Golden Age Angel, The Blazing Skull, Captain America, The Fin, The Golden Age Human Torch, The Patriot, The Sub-Mariner, The Golden Age Vision

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

The Ebony Sword

Amphibious, Barbarus, Brainchild, Equilibrius, Gaza, Lorelei, Lupo, Piper

Baron Zemo, The Frankenstein Monster, The Ghost (I'll also accept The Flying Dutchman), The Human Torch, Midnight, Wonder Man

The Grim Reaper, The Living Laser, The Man-Ape, Power Man, The Swordsman

The Black Widow, The Enchantress (as The Valkyrie), Medusa, The Scarlet Witch, The Wasp

Baron Zemo, The Black Knight (Nathan Garrett), The Enchantress, The Executioner, The Melter, The Radioactive Man

The Black Knight (Dane Whitman), The Crimson Cowl (I'll also accept Ultron), Klaw, The Melter, The Radioactive Man, Whirlwind

Cap'n Scragg, Joe the Gorilla, Kronus, Onionhead, Pecos, Sweet William, anonymous guy in a pinstripe suit

Dr. Spectrum, Hyperion, Nighthawk, The Whizzer

The Crimson Dynamo, The Radioactive Man, The Titanium Man

Hammerhead (not the Spider-Man villain), Pile-Driver (not the Wrecking Crew member), Thunderboot

"I'm just one of those people who doesn't count."

At this point, I'm gonna totally wuss out and ask someone better at math than I am (i.e., pretty much everyone) to tally the scores and identify our winner. If there's a question about whether an answer should count, be generous (within reason: if the answer's "Hawkeye,"giving 'em points for "Hercules" because both start with an "H" is over the line).

Cei-U!
    I cheer for the winner!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me