Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default The World's Hardest Avengers Quiz

...at least until somebody posts a harder one!

To celebrate completing that fershlugginer article for Alter Ego, I thought I'd see how much youse guys know about everybody's favorite assemblers. You're on the honor system so no Google or Wikkipedia! Keep in mind that the quiz, like my article, covers only The Avengers #1-135, Avengers King-Size Special #1-2 and Giant-Size Avengers #1-4. Can you get all 1,000 points and proclaim yourself Avengers Fan Numero Uno?

Easy (100 possible points)

Who are the five founding Avengers? (5 points each)

In what four identities does a certain time-traveling scientist from the 31st century appear? (5 points each)

What super-villain does he suggest might also be an incarnation of himself? (5 points)

Which Avenger is the first to make with the "Avengers Assemble!" battle cry? (5 points)

Why is the Vision crying in "Even An Android Can Cry?" (5 points)

Who disguises himself as Carol Danvers to lure Captain Marvel into a trap? (5 points)

Who disguises himself as Rutland Halloween parade organizer Tom Fagan to lure the Avengers into a trap? (5 points)

Which member of Zodiac is the father of Mantis? (5 points)

In what order do these Avengers join the team? (25 points)

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

Hard (150 possible points)

What six super-heroes fight on the Defenders side in the Avengers/Defenders war? (10 points each)

What New York City landmark did Jack Kirby use as the model for Avengers Mansion? (10 points)

What tiny Balkan nation is the homeland of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch? (10 points)

What three characters turn down Avengers membership? (10 points each)

Name all 21 guests at Yellowjacket and the Wasp's wedding. (10 points each)

Hardest (250 possible points)

Where was Loki imprisoned at the beginning of Avengers #1? (20 points)

What five figures from myth, legend and history did Immortus pit against our heroes in Avengers #10? (10 points each)

Name the three ants who accompanied Ant-Man on his "Journey to the Center of the Android?" (10 points each)

Which one got killed? (10 points)

What eight super-heroes did Rick Jones materialize out of thin air with his temporary superpowers during the Kree/Skrull War? (10 points each)

Who wrote the poem used to narrate a scene of a young boy playing football with Ultron's skull? (20 points)

Who wrote the poem the Scarlet Witch recites to Arkon the Magnificent? (20 points)

What did the Black Knight throw in the Well at the Center of Time? (20 points)

Bonus Round (500 possible points)

Name the members of the following super-teams.
    (5 points each, plus 10 for each complete team plus 50 for getting all ten complete teams.

1. The Beast Brood (8 members)
    2. The Legion of the Unliving (6 members)
    3. The Lethal Legion (5 members)
    4. The Liberators (5 members)
    5. The Masters of Evil (1964 incarnation - 6 members)
    6. The Masters of Evil (1968 incarnation - 6 members)
    7. The Split-Second Squad (7 members)*
    8. The Squadron Sinister (4 members)
    9. The Titanic Three (3 members)
    10. The Triumvirate of Terror (3 members)

* One member is never identified by name. Free 5 points.

What were the Swordsman's last words? (44 points)

And there we go. I'll post the answers Monday morning. Have fun!

Cei-U!
    I summon the secondhand quinjet!
    Last edited by Cei-U!; 01-30-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld
    I am ... a condescending prick sometimes. But I usually mean to be. - Paradox
    I'm not infallible. I just act like it. - Me

Kurt, you've got the Hank/Jan wedding question in there twice.

I'll post actual answers later (but not many - this is a hard quiz!)
    --
    Rob Allen

Kicking the hornet's nest Jezebel Bond's Avatar

Yeah, I think it's maybe easier for me to start from this series...

1 Kings 21:23

And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.

Kurt, do you want us to post the answers in the thread, or PM them to you?

This quiz is pretty hard! There were a couple that I didn't know at all, and most of the lists of characters I was missing one or two members. Very nice! It's clear I need to re-read some of these soon, especially #77, if that contains the answer I think it does.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

Don't anybody post any answers until I fix my #@!# goof!

Cei-U!
    Double d'oh!
    It's hardly a secret that something is badly wrong with me. - Dan B. in the Underworld

Fixed! And you should post your annswers here on the thread, Scott.

Cei-U!
    I summon the brain fart!

20 years ago I think I would have been able to get most of these, but not any more! Even back then, a few of these would have had me stumped. Very nice quiz! I think I at least remembered which issues were being referenced in each question, so that's something.

spoilers:
    EASY

1. Ant-Man, Wasp, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor (#1)
    2. Kang, Rama-Tut, Scarlet Centurion, Immortus (#8)
    3. Dr. Doom (also #8)
    4. Captain America (hm, but when was it? I know they tried a bunch of variations before settling on this one. was it on the cover of #16 before they got it right?) [edit: added this in because I did not see the question originally]
    5. Because the Avengers just invited him to join the team even though he had tried to kill them. (#58)
    6. The Super-Skrull (around #92)
    7. It was the Collector, right? (#120) [edit: removed some text because the tagging crossing it out had failed]
    8. Libra (#123)
    9. This is tricky, as Black Widow and Hercules both hung around a long time before joining. I'm not actually sure which issue Herclues joined in, but I'm guessing:
    Captain America (#4)
    Swordsman (#19)
    Hercules (#39?)
    The Black Knight (#71)
    The Black Widow (didn't officially join until #111, though she left the team in the same story)

[edit: did Widow join in #45 like some of the others are posting? I don't remember that, for some reason I thought it was a situation where they were going to make her a member but she left on a SHIELD mission or something before they could make it official. I'll have to re-read that issue! I'll stick with #111 as my official answer, of course]

HARD
    1. Silver Surfer, Hulk, Valkryie, Dr. Strange, Namor and Hawkeye (#116-118)
    2. I don't think I know this one! Not that familiar with NYC. J.P. Morgan's home?
    3. Dang, I can't remember it. I'm going to kick myself over this one. Arrgh!
    4. Tough question! Let's see, how about Spider-Man (in ASM Annual #3), Daredevil (in Avengers #111) and Captain Marvel (during his crossover around Avengers #125 I think)? Boy, I am second guessing myself here. They may have invited Dr. Strange to join in #61 since they only had like three active members in that issue.
    5. Captain America, Vision, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Black Widow, Iron Man, Thor (7). The Fantastic Four (4). The original X-men and Professor X (6). Dr. Strange, Daredevil, Spider-Man and Nick Fury (4). = 21 (#60)

HARDEST
    1. At the beginning? I know they trapped him inside a radiation proof vault at the end, because radiation = magic for some reason. But at the beginning? Was he on an asteroid or something? I don't remember.
    2. Hmm. One of them is Hercules, though since this is before he appeared in Journey Into Mystery, he didn't look the same and had no beard. One is Merlin. I think Genghis Khan. And the other two… I'm not sure. Napoleon and Julius Caesar? (#10)
    3. I am going to kick myself for this one, I used to know it. [edit: I looked it up because it was driving me nuts and sure enough, I can't believe I forgot this one] (#93)
    4. See above. Arrrrgh.
    5. The original Human Torch, the Patriot, the Fin, the original Vision, Blazing Skull, Namor, Captain America and the Whizzer? I bet I only got like 6 of those right. (#97)
    6. Alfred Lord Tennyson? Man, I know the poem is about Ozymandius. But who wrote it? My English professors would weep in shame if they saw this. Keats, Jonson, Coleridge, Shelley… oy vey. How embarrassing (#58)
    7. No idea! But it must have happened in #76 (or… hmm, I haven't read #84 in a long time). I'll just guess Shakespeare, because, why not.
    8. The Evil Eye of Avalon? (#116-118)

BONUS ROUND
    1. good lord! Who the hell is the beast brood!? Are those the guys that were hanging around with Magneto in the savage land in #105? Magneto, Lorelei, The Toad… I don't know. Were the Ani-Men part of the Beast Brood?
    2. Baron Zemo, Frankenstein, the original Human Torch, Wonder Man… uh… Bucky? Toro? (#132 I think)
    3. Man-Ape, Living Laser, Ultron, Grim Reaper and… Whirlwind? (#78-79)
    4. Valkyrie (the Enchantress in disguise), Black Widow, Wasp, Scarlet Witch and… um, Sue Storm? (#83)
    5. Baron Zemo, The Melter, the Black Knight, the Enchantress and the Executioner (#6-7)
    6. The Melter, Whirlwind, Ultron (as the Crimson Cowl), the Living Laser, the Radioactive Man and Power Man? (#54-55)
    7. I should get points for even knowing who you are talking about. Wow, that's obscure. I'm not even sure, but weren't these guys just bank robbers or something, maybe working for Cornelius van Lunt in #77? And they just had like really dumb gangster code names. I don't know… Gentleman Jim? Jacques? Tommy Two-Fingers? No idea. If anyone gets this, they deserve big props.
    8. Dr. Spectrum, Hyperion, Speed Demon and Nighthawk. I think. (#70)
    9. Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo and… uh… The Slasher? Or something? Didn't they run into these guys in Vietnam around #130, while Steve Rogers was in his Nomad identity?
    10. Thunderboot!!! Piledriver and… Bulldozer? (#39!)

The Swordsman's last words: I don't recall. Something about being a loser, probably. Englehart always had him talking about that. (Giant Size #2?)
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Scott Harris; 01-31-2013 at 08:08 AM.
    At last, Boy Comics finally gets its own website!

No google or wikipedia not a problem, but can we reread Avengers's issues for answers-if not I will post my answers in a few with what I can remember having not read that era of Avenger sin about 10 years.

-M
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

Ok here is what I can do off the top of my head...

or will be as soon as I figure out SPoiler tags

spoilers:

Tony Stark (Iron Man), Donald Blake (Thor), Janet Van Dyne (Wasp), Hennry Pym (Ant-Man), Bruce Banner (Hulk) with an assist form Rick Jones and the Teen Brigade

In what four identities does a certain time-traveling scientist from the 31st century appear? (5 points each)

Kang, Immortus, Rama-Tut,

What super-villain does he suggest might also be an incarnation of himself? (5 points)

Dr. Doom

Which Avenger is the first to make with the "Avengers Assemble!" battle cry? (5 points)

Captain America

He is accepted by the Avengers

Who disguises himself as Carol Danvers to lure Captain Marvel into a trap? (5 points)

Super Skrull

Who disguises himself as Rutland Halloween parade organizer Tom Fagan to lure the Avengers into a trap? (5 points)

Libra

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

Captain America
    Black Widow/Hercules (they are both made official members the same issue (on Avengers day but the Adpatoid shows up and Widow is recovering from injuries and not there) though Black Widow had been hanging around with the team longer)
    Black Knight
    Swordsman

What six super-heroes fight on the Defenders side in the Avengers/Defenders war? (10 points each)
    Hulk, Namor, Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, Hawkeye, Valkyrie

What New York City landmark did Jack Kirby use as the model for Avengers Mansion? (10 points)

What tiny Balkan nation is the homeland of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch? (10 points)

Red Wolf, Daredevil, Spider-Man

Reed Richards, Susan Storm-Richards, Johnny Storm, Ben Grimm, Crystal, Captain America, Vision, Clint Barton, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Ringmaster, Gambini Brothers (2), Princess Python, the Clown, Human Cannonball, Black Panther, Nick Fury, Matt Murdock (Daredevil), Dr. Strange….

Isle of Silence

What five figures from myth, legend and history did Immortus pit against our heroes in Avengers #10? (10 points each)

Paul Bunyan, Merlin, Hercules, Attila, Goliath

Name the three ants who accompanied Ant-Man on his "Journey to the Center of the Android?" (10 points each)
    Crosby Still sand Nash

What eight super-heroes did Rick Jones materialize out of thin air with his temporary superpowers during the Kree/Skrull War? (10 points each)

Blazing Skull, Captain America, android Human Torch, Namor the Sub-Mariner, golden age Vision, Whizzer?

Who wrote the poem used to narrate a scene of a young boy playing football with Ultron's skull? (20 points)

Arrrgh, the poem is Ozymandias, and the last name of the poet is Blake, but blanking on first name

Who wrote the poem the Scarlet Witch recites to Arkon the Magnificent? (20 points)

Robert Frost…

Arrgh, it was a mystical artifact of some sort but can’t remember offhand which one, I want to say the Wand of Watoom but I don’t think that was it

(5 points each, plus 10 for each complete team plus 50 for getting all ten complete teams.

2. The Legion of the Unliving (6 members) Wonder Man, Frankenstein, Zemo, Golden age Human Torch
    3. The Lethal Legion (5 members) Grim Reaper, Swordsman, Power Man, Living Laser…
    4. The Liberators (5 members) Wasp, Valkyrie, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Medusa
    5. The Masters of Evil (1964 incarnation - 6 members) Executioner, Enchantress, Black Knight, Radioactive Man, Melter, Zemo
    6. The Masters of Evil (1968 incarnation - 6 members) Whirlwind, Klaw, Radioactive Man, Melter, Ultron (Crimson Cowl?)
    8. The Squadron Sinister (4 members) Nighthawk, Hyperion, Whizzer, Dr. Spectrum

end of spoilers

-M
    Last edited by MRP; 01-30-2013 at 06:25 PM.
    A lunatic is easily recognized...You can tell him by the liberties he takes with common sense...and by the fact that sooner or later he brings up the Templars.
    -Umberto Eco

MY GUESSES

I had to guess even on some of the easy ones. I feel like I should know this since I read all those comics in Essential format. Then again, a lot of them I've only read one time.

spoilers:

Wasp, Ant-Man, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor

Kang, King Rama Tut, Immortus, and the Scarlet Centurion

Doctor Doom

Iron Man

the Avengers accepted him for membership

Ronan the Accuser?

I don't know. That big puffy white thing.

I think that was Libra

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman
    The order is Cap, Swordsman, Hercules, Widow and Knight.

Dr. Strange, Hulk, Hawkeye, Valkyrie, Sub-Mariner, and Silver Surfer

Gracie Mansion?

Transia

Spider-Man, Dr. Strange, Daredevil

I don't remember anything about the wedding (did I drink too much), except I think Princess Python was involved. So here are 21 guesses: Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Beast, Jarvis, Reed, Sue, Ben Grimm, Johnny Storm, Hawkeye, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Panther, Crystal, Bill Foster, Princess Python, Ringmaster, the Clown, Bruce Banner, the Black Knight.

limbo

Wild guesses - Ivanhoe, George Washington, Genghis Khan, Samson, and Hitler

Spartacus, Pascal, and Newton

Newton

Golden Age Vision, Golden Age Human Torch, Sub-Mariner, the Fin, Captain America, Toro, Miss America, and the Whizzer

Whoever wrote Ozymandias. I guess Percy Shelley.

Tennyson?

his ebon blade

1. The Beast Brood (8 members) I don't know.
    2. The Legion of the Unliving (6 members) I don't know
    3. The Lethal Legion (5 members) Living Laser, Whirlwind, Power Man, Count Nefaria, Grim Reaper?
    4. The Liberators (5 members) Valkyrie, Black Widow, Medusa, Scarlet Witch, ?
    5. The Masters of Evil (1964 incarnation - 6 members) Baron Zemo, Black Knight, Executioner, Enchantress, Radioactive Man, Wonder Man
    6. The Masters of Evil (1968 incarnation - 6 members) Crimson Cowl, Klaw, the other Black Knight, Power Man, Grim Reaper, Whirlwind/Human Top
    8. The Squadron Sinister (4 members) Doctor Spectrum, Whizzer, Hyperion, Nighthawk
    9. The Titanic Three (3 members) I don't know
    10. The Triumvirate of Terror (3 members) I don't know

What were the Swordsman's last words? (44 points) That hurts.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by spoon_jenkins; 01-30-2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: spoiler tag my answers
    "I don't care if they have definite connections to the boy scouts. They have Weapon X - I want him back. We spent a lot of money and resources developing and training him - not to mention your group as well - I won't see it thrown away."
    - Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, April 1979

Unfortunately, Wolverine escaped to the U.S. with the X-Men. Soon after this stunning debacle, Trudeau's Liberal Party would go down to defeat in the May 1979 election.

spoilers:
    I've read sadly little early Avengers: I'm gonna' suck at this, yet feel compelled to humiliate myself...

EASY

Who are the five founding Avengers? (5 points each) Thor, Iron Man, Ant Man, Wasp, Hulk

In what four identities does a certain time-traveling scientist from the 31st century appear? (5 points each) Kang, Ramma Tut, Immortis...

What super-villain does he suggest might also be an incarnation of himself? (5 points) dunno'

Which Avenger is the first to make with the "Avengers Assemble!" battle cry? (5 points) Cap?

Why is the Vision crying in "Even An Android Can Cry?" (5 points) dunno'

Who disguises himself as Carol Danvers to lure Captain Marvel into a trap? (5 points) Chameleon?

Who disguises himself as Rutland Halloween parade organizer Tom Fagan to lure the Avengers into a trap? (5 points) dunno'

Which member of Zodiac is the father of Mantis? (5 points) dunno'

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

c e d b a

Dr. Strange, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Namor and...Valkyrie?

dunno'

dunno'

dunno'

Cap, Thor, Iron Man...and 20 more

under a snake

dunno'

Crap! I know that! But my memory fails me. Did he name them after the Stooges?

Crap!

Invaders?

dunno'

dunno'

penny?

Well...I know Zemo was in the Masters...

* One member is never identified by name. Free 5 points. The one with no name?

What were the Swordsman's last words? (44 points) Arrrrgh!
    end of spoilers[/QUOTE]
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U! View Post

1. Thor
    2. Iron Man
    3. Hulk
    4. Ant-Man (Hank Pym)
    5. Wasp

1. Kang
    2. Rama-Tut
    3. Scarlet Centurion
    4. Immortus

He was made a member of the Avengers.

Super-Skrull

Loki?

Libra

a. The Black Knight (3)
    b. The Black Widow (5)
    c. Captain America (1)
    d. Hercules (4)
    e. The Swordsman (2)

1. Doctor Strange
    2. Hulk
    3. Sub-Mariner
    4. Valkyrie
    5. Silver Surfer
    6. Hawkeye

Transia

Spider-Man
    Daredevil

Hawkeye, Black Panther, Vision, Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Iceman, Beast, Angel, Mr. Fantastic, Human Torch, Thing, Invisible Girl, Crystal
    Spider-Man, J. Jonah Jameson

Realm of the Dwarves/Gnomes

Paul Bunyan, Hercules,

Crosby, Stilles and Nash (who is a comics fan btw)

Nash

Fighting Yank, Flaming Skull, Patriot,

Shelly

Ebony Blade

Wonder Man
    Human Torch (Jim Hammond)
    Frankenstein Monster

Grim Reaper
    Man-Ape
    Living Laser

Valkyrie
    Wasp
    Medusa
    Black Widow
    Scarlet Witch

Radioactive Man
    Melter
    Baron Zemo Sr.
    Executioner
    Enchantress

Hyperion
    Nighthawk
    Doctor Spectrum
    Whizzer (later Speed Demon)

Crimson Dynamo
    Titanium Man
    Radioactive Man

Hammerhead
    Thunderboot
    Piledriver

Cei-U!
    Once upon a time, i knew all of this stuff... why couldn't you have posted this 20 years ago?
    My Multiverse had a Crisis, and all i got was a lousy Reboot!

"When the f*ck did we get Ice Cream?"
    Wendell, The Ringer

"After a while, I was able to use the squirrel to break down the door..."
    Granny Puckett, Hoodwinked

=====================

"DONT TALK $H!T ABOUT TOTAL!!!!"
    TOURETTES GUY

*choke* Dan B. in the Underworld's Avatar

If memory serves ... "Wow, I could've had a V-8!"
    I tend to split superhero comics fans into "People who like Krypto" and "People who don't like Krypto."
    Basically, if you miss the wonder of a dog flying around in a little Superman cape, you're in the wrong hobby.

-- Reptisaurus!

My answer are in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Cei-U! View Post
    ...at least until somebody posts a harder one!

To celebrate completing that fershlugginer article for Alter Ego, I thought I'd see how much youse guys know about everybody's favorite assemblers. You're on the honor system so no Google or Wikkipedia! Keep in mind that the quiz, like my article, covers only The Avengers #1-135, Avengers King-Size Special #1-2 and Giant-Size Avengers #1-4. Can you get all 1,000 points and proclaim yourself Avengers Fan Numero Uno?

Who are the five founding Avengers? (5 points each) Iron Man, Thor, Ant-man, Wasp, & Hulk

In what four identities does a certain time-traveling scientist from the 31st century appear? (5 points each) Kang, Immortus, Rama-Tut, Scarlet Centurion

What super-villain does he suggest might also be an incarnation of himself? (5 points) Dr. Doom

Which Avenger is the first to make with the "Avengers Assemble!" battle cry? (5 points) Captain America

Why is the Vision crying in "Even An Android Can Cry?" (5 points) Because he has just been invited to join the team.

Who disguises himself as Carol Danvers to lure Captain Marvel into a trap? (5 points) Super-Skrull

Who disguises himself as Rutland Halloween parade organizer Tom Fagan to lure the Avengers into a trap? (5 points) Loki

Which member of Zodiac is the father of Mantis? (5 points) Libra

a. The Black Knight #4
    b. The Black Widow #5
    c. Captain America #1
    d. Hercules #3
    e. The Swordsman #2

What six super-heroes fight on the Defenders side in the Avengers/Defenders war? (10 points each) Doctor Strange, Namor, Hulk, Silver Surfer, Valkyrie, & Hawkeye

What tiny Balkan nation is the homeland of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch? (10 points) Transia

What three characters turn down Avengers membership? (10 points each) Daredevil, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel

Name all 21 guests at Yellowjacket and the Wasp's wedding. (10 points each) Vision, Black Panther, Hawkeye, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Reed & Sue Richards, Johnny Storm, Ben Grimm, Crystal, Rick Jones, Jarvis, Nick Fury, Bill Foster, Daredevil, can't remember the rest

Where was Loki imprisoned at the beginning of Avengers #1? (20 points) The Isle of Silence

What five figures from myth, legend and history did Immortus pit against our heroes in Avengers #10? (10 points each) Paul Bunyan, Genghis Khan, Merlin, can't remember the rest

Name the three ants who accompanied Ant-Man on his "Journey to the Center of the Android?" (10 points each) Moe, Curly, Larry

Which one got killed? (10 points) Curly

What eight super-heroes did Rick Jones materialize out of thin air with his temporary superpowers during the Kree/Skrull War? (10 points each) golden-age Vision, golden-age Angel, Blazing Skull, the Fin, Namor, Captain America, the original Human Torch, Bucky

Who wrote the poem used to narrate a scene of a young boy playing football with Ultron's skull? (20 points) Byron

Who wrote the poem the Scarlet Witch recites to Arkon the Magnificent? (20 points) Shakespeare

What did the Black Knight throw in the Well at the Center of Time? (20 points) His ebony blade

2. The Legion of the Unliving (6 members) the Frankenstein Monster, Ghost, Midnight, Wonder Man, Baron Zemo, the original Human Torch
    3. The Lethal Legion (5 members) Grim Reaper, Swordsman, Man-Ape, Power Man, Living Laser
    4. The Liberators (5 members) Medusa, Black Widow, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Valkyrie
    5. The Masters of Evil (1964 incarnation - 6 members) Baron Zemo, Enchanteress, Executioner, Wonder Man, Melter, the Black Knight
    6. The Masters of Evil (1968 incarnation - 6 members) Melter, Klaw, Radioactive Man, Crimson Cowl, Black Knight, Living Laser
    8. The Squadron Sinister (4 members) Hyperion, Dr. Spectrum, Whizzer, Nighthawk

What were the Swordsman's last words? (44 points) I love you.

Cei-U!
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."
    Martin Luther King Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 16, 1963

Modus omnibus in rebus Roquefort Raider's Avatar

Showing off my ignorance for all to see...

spoilers:

Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man and the Wasp.

Ooh-Hah! And the man said "easy"... Let's see... That would be Kang, Immortus, Scarlet Centurion and Pharoh Rama-tut, right?

Doctor Doom! Every villain wants to be Dr. Doom.

Holy frijoles! That phrase is so associated with Cap that it's got to be a red herring. I'll take a guess and say Thor. It's the kind of phraseology he'd use.

I believe it's because the Avengers decided to offer him a membership.

Oy! I have no idea.

I remember that Loki had hypnotized him, so maybe he also took on his appearance.

That's Libra, right? The balance guy? I think he was on a cover with her.

a. The Black Knight
    b. The Black Widow
    c. Captain America
    d. Hercules
    e. The Swordsman

Cap joined in issue #4, so he's first... then, er... Swordsman, Hercules, Black Knight, and Black Widow was around for a long while before being offered her Avengers card.

Silver Surfer, Namor, Dr. Strange, Hulk, surely, and, er... can it be that Hawkeye was on the Defenders side? I seem to remember an Avenger being on the other team, but it's been too long since I read that... (and then only the first two and the final chapter).

Criminy, I read that recently in Alter Ego but I just plain forgot!

One of those fake "Sound of music"-style alpine countries... Transia?

[b]There were only three? Well, there was Daredevil after the Magneto business, there was Spider-Man early on, and, er... (trying to think of many membership drives...) that time when Moondragon brought in a whole bunch of people, some of them said they weren't interested (everyone but Tigra, as I recall), including Angel and Moon Knight. But since it wasn't the Avengers' idea, I don't know if that counts.

I don't think I even read that! Instead of naming random Avengers, I'll just suffer my ignorance with fortitude.

Nifelheim? Some rock in a lost dimension? I do know he was caged in a lead-lined container at the end, because magic can't go through lead!!!

Gah! Is that the one with the minotaur? It's been so long...

Oooh, that one I should remember...It's bound to be some pop-culture reference. Huey, Dewey and Louie? The three stooges?

No idea. If they had been named after South Park characters, it would have been Kenny.

It IS hard! ... There was Blazing Skull in there, but he's the only one I remember! No! Wait! The Fin?

Shelley?

I don't know. I guess it could have been Keats.

If he threw the Evil Eye away, it would have been a good idea.

The Frankenstein Monster, the original Human Torch, Baron Zemo... Wonder Man?
    Enchantress posing as Valkyrie, Medusa, Black Widow, Wasp, and... I forget.
    Zemo, Enchantress, Executioner, Melter, Black Knight and... Radioactive Man?
    That's the one with Power Man?
    [b]I'd say Hyperion, Nighthawk, Doctor Spectrum and... I'm always one short, am I not?

"One day, Captain America, you'll know... CYCLOPS WAS RIGHT!!!"
    end of spoilers

Good job, Kurt! I can't wait to read your article!
    People in white coats (science cartoons, updated daily) | Art Blog