View Poll Results: Do You Like Jokers Face Cut Off?

Voters
101. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

29 28.71%
  • No

72 71.29%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I like the way it looks, mostly because it means Hush will come back at some point to re-attach it, since he's a freaking surgeon genius! And we all could use more Elliot in the new 52 :)

BANNED

Don't mind it for this arc but I hope it goes away immediately afterwards. I kinda works well with the story of the Joker playing himself and redoing his old crimes but the idea of the usual Daniels "I wanna be Frank Miller" garbage.

Two things.

1. If what Snyder said was true that he wanted to use the Joker again, then I'm sure that it's not the Joker wearing the face.

2. It's sad that I remember a time when seeing the Joker appear in a Batman comic was something I actually looked forward to.
    "Mistah Joker, he dead."

Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    I do not like the way he looks. I do not want it in my books. I would not like it with a joke. I do not like this brand new bloke. I would not like it here or there. I would not like it anywhere. I do not like his face like this. It is his old look that I miss.
    Nicely done, Xarcon. Very, very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickfighter View Post
    Yes. It is the face of the New-52 in which the emphasis is on dark shock value and gimmicks and abandonment of the rich history of many of DC Comics' characters.
    I hadn't thought of it like that, Chickfighter; but now that you mention it, it does make for a good, new face for DC52. (btw - I like your avatar, did you do the art for it yourself? just curious)
    Last edited by americanwonder; 01-31-2013 at 02:30 PM.
    "... Act, that each tomorrow find us farther than today."
    - Longfellow

Danger Doll in pink! Chickfighter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by americanwonder View Post
    I hadn't thought of it like that, Chickfighter; but now that you mention it, it does make for a good, new face for DC52. (btw - I like your avatar, did you do the art for it yourself? just curious)
    Thanks. I'd love to take credit but my avatar artwork was done by a very kind roleplay friend to illustrate my namesake character who was the first I ever played. ;)

I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This is the Joker to me:

And anything that deviates too much from that general look just doesn't feel right.
    what comic is this from?

I Kick Crime in the Balls The Greatest Hero's Avatar

There should be a "Meh" option. That's how I feel about it.

It's kinda cool, but it serves absolutely no purpose other than to be SHOCKING and OH MY GOD, LOOK AT HOW CRAZY AND DISTURBED THE JOKER IS.

It's shock value. And it's pathetic. Still, it looks cool at times. Not in the last Batman issue, because it looked like crap in Batman #16.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild_Child View Post
    what comic is this from?
    I believe its "The Laughing Fish" Detective Comics #475
    Last edited by osoito; 01-31-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    It's part of how he uses theatricality. Having a face worn as a mask is pretty Grand Guignol, and so is he. Also his presence is supposed to make people uncomfortable. Self mutilation generally does make people uncomfortable, and having it this confrontational is a way to get people to stop thinking.
    Perfect summation. It makes a point, it serves a purpose, it works for THIS story, and I think an explanation is forthcoming in #17 (or so I hope). That being said however, I can't imagine it being a permanent situation, nor do I wish it to be one. For one thing, it's already begun to rot to the point where it's beyond the help of preservatives, and I seriously doubt DC wants him running around looking like he just stepped off the set of Hellraiser. So if this isn't some sort of misdirection on his part, then it's reasonable to guess he'll get some extensive plastic surgery, skin grafts, whatever, by the next time he comes back to torment the city. Whatever the explanation may be, I eventually want the classic Joker back. Like I said, it's a gimmick that I think works for the current story, I'm enjoying it for what it is, but beyond DotF, just please, no.

I like the way the idea of ​​having Joker's face removed has been used in Batman & Robin:

Remind me: how is it not rotting?
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Peachy Keen Gabe De Los Muertos's Avatar

No, everything about it is stupid and no DC creator has done anything to prove otherwise.
    Formerly DetectiveDupin.
    Tumblr
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I remember Snyder saying it was.
    BB

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    It is rotting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    This is the Joker to me:

And anything that deviates too much from that general look just doesn't feel right.
    Indeed, Joker there has this sense of style and smoothness to what he's doing. Now he's a generic crime/horror villain.