Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The Mother is probably Magda the mother of Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch ie Magnetos wife. In Ultimates 3 Logan has a affair with her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I don't understand what you are saying here, what do Magneto and Pietro have to do with Storm?
    Exactly. Pietro can't be Storm's son. It's already been revealed that Quicksilver is Jimmy's half brother. Throwing Storm into that already confusing family tree doesn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Exactly. Pietro can't be Storm's son. It's already been revealed that Quicksilver is Jimmy's half brother. Throwing Storm into that already confusing family tree doesn't make any sense.
    really?
    so how long before Scarlet Witch hooks up with him?

Has it been officially confirmed or are you basing this off of the vague Pietro-looking arm on the one cover of Ultimate Wolverine?
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    Has it been officially confirmed or are you basing this off of the vague Pietro-looking arm on the one cover of Ultimate Wolverine?
    I was, and the fact that at the same time the issue cover was revealed, it said underneath about Jimmy meeting his half-brother.

IMO, I wouldn't call it vague. I think the cover is blatant. And the words "Quicksilver" in the binary further cement this.

There's a lot that suggests Pietro and Jimmy are related, particuarly in the first half of Bunn's interview, situated right next to the Quicksilver cover. Bunn teases so much, it becomes obvious. Clear as crystal, really.

It has not been confirmed. Ultimates 3 hinted that Logan might be Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's father, but that was only a possibility. And there's the cover for Ultimate Wolverine that shows the back of (probably, but not definitely) Quicksilver, with the solicit saying something about Jimmy's half brother.

At this point, it's very possible - even likely - but it's far from confirmed. The fact that Storm is only a few years older than Jimmy and didn't meet Logan until ~2 years ago and never slept with him that we know of points toward "no" a lot more than any possible relation to Quicksilver.
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Okay, it makes more sense now that I know you are assuming Pietro is a half brother. I'm was confused because it sounded like you were saying that Magneto and Pietro were related to Storm, not Jimmy.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    It has not been confirmed. Ultimates 3 hinted that Logan might be Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's father, but that was only a possibility. And there's the cover for Ultimate Wolverine that shows the back of (probably, but not definitely) Quicksilver, with the solicit saying something about Jimmy's half brother.

At this point, it's very possible - even likely - but it's far from confirmed. The fact that Storm is only a few years older than Jimmy and didn't meet Logan until ~2 years ago and never slept with him that we know of points toward "no" a lot more than any possible relation to Quicksilver.
    I really don't understand how Wolverine can be Quick Silvers father? The guy is practically a spitting image of Magneto. Now Wanda I can believe is Wolverine and Magdas daughter. I'm still thinking Jimmy is the child of Wolverine and the blonde agent from Bendis Ultimate X-men run.

BANNED

I completely forgot about what happened in The Ultimates 3. Thanks.

Also, all the words in the binary are part of project Mothervien.

I thought the Quicksilver cover WAS the official reveal. After all our speculation, and after all that binary, we finally had it confirmed.

I completely forgot about what happened in The Ultimates 3. Thanks.

Also, all the words in the binary are part of project Mothervien.

I thought the Quicksilver cover WAS the official reveal. After all our speculation, and after all that binary, we finally had it confirmed.
    Well the bianary said "quick" not quicksilver. I agree it's likely that Quicksilver will be involved somehow, I hope that the reveal is a bit more surprising though. If it turns out Quicksilver is Jimmy's half brother I think it will bother me that they were fairly obvious about it on the covers.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

BANNED

Okay, it makes more sense now that I know you are assuming Pietro is a half brother. I'm was confused because it sounded like you were saying that Magneto and Pietro were related to Storm, not Jimmy.
    Just saying that Storm couldn't have been Magneto's wife.

Well the bianary said "quick" not quicksilver. I agree it's likely that Quicksilver will be involved somehow, I hope that the reveal is a bit more surprising though. If it turns out Quicksilver is Jimmy's half brother I think it will bother me that they were fairly obvious about it on the covers.
    I agree. Why does everyone need to be related? Jimmy is already related to Wolverine and even that took some convincing and digestion time to convince the readers that he's a legitimate Wolverine replacement. So I'm not sure about all of a sudden adding Pietro and Wanda to the family tree. There's less room for continuity errors if writers stop making connections between characters that were never previously established. Like if all of a sudden we find out that Miles is some sort of 4th cousin twice removed of the Parker family. It just seems like reaching.

So I do hope that Pietro's involvement is a little less obvious than "Hey, HE'S the one we were so cryptically referring to in the solicit while at the same time showing him on the cover." I know Marvel has been letting the UU slip of late, but if that's the case then they might as well just have the words "QUICKSILVER IS JIMMY'S BROTHER" written in big bold letters on the cover, because that's practically what we got...

Maybe Pietro is actually trying to convince Jimmy that they're related in an attempt to make him join the Brotherhood and that all relates to how Pietro was previously talking about selling mutants as slaves. Imagine a slave that will heal and keep working no matter how much you torture, beat, starve or torment him. Jimmy is the Ultimate Slave.

See, I just came up with something better than them being related and it took all of 2 minutes to think up...
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

I don't think Pietro's recent motives are linked to this. If it was, it would make things really confusing, especially seeing as Wood has no plans to continue that (Apocalypse) storyline.

Quicksilver's agenda wasn't fully revealed. He seems to have wanted to enslave mutants for some reason we do not know of, other than the fact that he was being manipulated by the "ghost" of his father. But he still cares deeply for the mutant race, as revealed in UCXM #7, so I don't think mutant slavery is the agenda here.

Just saying that Storm couldn't have been Magneto's wife.
    Got you.

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post
    I agree. Why does everyone need to be related? Jimmy is already related to Wolverine and even that took some convincing and digestion time to convince the readers that he's a legitimate Wolverine replacement. So I'm not sure about all of a sudden adding Pietro and Wanda to the family tree. There's less room for continuity errors if writers stop making connections between characters that were never previously established. Like if all of a sudden we find out that Miles is some sort of 4th cousin twice removed of the Parker family. It just seems like reaching.

So I do hope that Pietro's involvement is a little less obvious than "Hey, HE'S the one we were so cryptically referring to in the solicit while at the same time showing him on the cover." I know Marvel has been letting the UU slip of late, but if that's the case then they might as well just have the words "QUICKSILVER IS JIMMY'S BROTHER" written in big bold letters on the cover, because that's practically what we got...

Maybe Pietro is actually trying to convince Jimmy that they're related in an attempt to make him join the Brotherhood and that all relates to how Pietro was previously talking about selling mutants as slaves. Imagine a slave that will heal and keep working no matter how much you torture, beat, starve or torment him. Jimmy is the Ultimate Slave.

See, I just came up with something better than them being related and it took all of 2 minutes to think up...
    I have been advocationg for a UU title that shows Wolverine's time with the Brotherhood. I think they would make for some incredibley dark and intense espinoge/thriller reads. Keeping that in mind I think having Jimmy join the bad guys would be terrible. He is nothing more than a meat shield currently, having him swap sides would seem uninspired to say the least.

On a vindictive side note, I will never refer to Jimmy as Wolverine. He is simply not fit to carry that title, and as much as I like Cullen Bunn I don't think there is any thing he could do to convince me Jimmy is a suitable replacement.
    Last edited by Wolverine12; 02-01-2013 at 11:53 AM. Reason: I has por gramer
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine

Nope. There is no way Storm is his mother