Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    Scott was the one to "save" and extend the offer to Xorn to join the X-Men in the 2001 Annual. After that Scott and Xorn did have a friendly relationship where Scott was receiving meditation advice and postures from Xorn. Scott was the most open and friendly to Xorn as well.
    Xorn sounds like a pretty nice guy!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gregyo View Post
    Xorn sounds like a pretty nice guy!
    He was. According to Grant Morrison, "Xorn" represented the best aspects and qualities that Magneto had in himself, but kept repressed because of his violent past as a holocaust survivor and life long mutant terrorist. During the Planet X arc, his "inner star" whispered to a maddened Magneto saying he could never "snuff it out." Sadly, that was the tragedy of Magneto. His Xorn disguise was the best parts of himself, yet he always resorted to violence and terrorism. It was a commentary on Magneto's cyclical character nature. In the end, Magneto wouldn't stay dead and attacked the world as he always does.

Scott was the one to "save" and extend the offer to Xorn to join the X-Men in the 2001 Annual. After that Scott and Xorn did have a friendly relationship where Scott was receiving meditation advice and postures from Xorn. Scott was the most open and friendly to Xorn as well.
    Cyclops and XORN are good friends that's cool. Magneto is not XORN and XORN is not magneto.

Quote Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
    He didn't murder her though, Scott's right hand henchman did.
    When did Xorn become one of Scott's followers?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Why does Emma have so many shoulder pads???

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Jarrod said henchmen not best friend and no I don't think magneto is Scott henchmen.
    My comment is more damning.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    When did Xorn become one of Scott's followers?
    It was awhile after Wolverine chopped his head off and Wanda remade him the way she always wanted.
    X-Poster of the Month: janvier 2010 et mars 2012 et août 2013
    --- something something I do! ---

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    Cyclops and XORN are good friends that's cool. Magneto is not XORN and XORN is not magneto.
    It doesn't matter how many times you post contrary to me, I still subscribe to Morrison's Xorn is Magneto. I know you disagree, but I am not changing my opinion, and I don't expect you to change yours. Neither does this imply you are wrong, in any way.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    How better to shield her lifestyle and personal psychogeography against ever-encroaching capitalist consumptiveness, marching onward towards all encompassing oblivion via internet-based techne?

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondQueen View Post
    The foam readily absorbs Scott's man tears.
    Two tons of fun

ButterRum, not Butter Rum ButterRum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babyhater666 View Post
    The foam readily absorbs Scott's man tears.
    Tru. How will Cyclops, now ~man~ more than ever, have a shoulder to cry on if it weren't for Emma's shoulder pads??
    Never Forgive. Never Forget. Justice for Butter Rum. ♥
    Emma Frost Week: Winner of Best Emma Frost Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ingonyama View Post
    In Logan's case it makes sense. Jean was more than just a crush, she exemplified the dream, and everything good about the X-Men. She was going to be headmistress after Charley stepped down. In Logan's mind, she was probably the best hope for peace between humans and mutants.

Scott's reasoning, to me, is still unfathomable. The writers went WELL out of their way to ensure that he never put Xavier on a pedestal again. AvX was the final nail in the coffin of any lingering respect Scott could have reasonably been expected to have for Charles. Considering how apparently less-than-nothing Chuck is to him now, Scott's reasoning behind naming the school after him still doesn't make sense to me.
    Considering the things Cyclops has been saying in ANXM so far, it just seems like guilt. Even after their differences, Cyclops still seems pretty horrified by what he did and seeing as he keeps saying he wants to atone, I just think of it as him, in his broken, screwy way, trying to honor him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by refrax5 View Post
    Considering the things Cyclops has been saying in ANXM so far, it just seems like guilt. Even after their differences, Cyclops still seems pretty horrified by what he did and seeing as he keeps saying he wants to atone, I just think of it as him, in his broken, screwy way, trying to honor him.
    So how does he honor the death of his second wife? I mean he's been on the same team as the man who killed her for the last 4 or so years? That person being Magneto.

Yeah, totally feeling guilty about being with the guy who killed his wife. I am sure every wife wants their husband to honor them by becoming chums with the guy who killed her.

So how does he honor the death of his second wife? I mean he's been on the same team as the man who killed her for the last 4 or so years? That person being Magneto.

Yeah, totally feeling guilty about being with the guy who killed his wife. I am sure every wife wants their husband to honor them by becoming chums with the guy who killed her.
    Thats Xorn. I know your opinion is that it is not, but your opinion is wrong. Thats what Morrison wanted, but thats not what is canon. I'm not addressing whether or not it deserved to be, that is irrelevant. Officially that is Xorn.

Not much was revealed in this preview, but I'm starting to think that maybe Magik will be the traitor. I really don't see Emma Frost playing that role. That would just make way too much sense. Magik, however, is a character that has undergone a great many changes over the past few years. She already toyed with her brother's emotions. I don't think she would lose an ounce of sleep if she betrayed the team. She also has a pretty important role in that she's the main mode of transportation for the team. If she's the traitor, then Cyclops's team has a big problem and big problems usually turn into major stories.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme