Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    san francisco - the free range twink farm

There were some great ideas here: (1. disco boots, FINALLY 2. Big phallic Acanti Chuck 3. Reintroduction of Sage)

However, there were some glaring deficiencies: Story, continued insistence on using Shitcrawler, and story. Absolutely needed to be less straight-ahead superheroing and more straight-up CAMP.

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    Lol. great issue. And to all the haters-

That song means only one thing to me now: Lena Dunham's doughiness, floppin to the beat.

Dazzler is apparently good enough for a times square billboard. (Immonen, K, 3013, JiM #648, New York: Marvel)

I love you. -stevensanders.

Josef: You are my morning sweetheart. - KieronGillen

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    That song means only one thing to me now: Lena Dunham's doughiness, floppin to the beat.
    It's also the theme tune for Snooki & Jwoww.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    It's also the theme tune for Snooki & Jwoww.
    Not much better. Where's Sammi Sweetheart's themesong?

( i luv sammi sweetheart)

Quote Originally Posted by darknessatnoon View Post
    Dazzler is the one who got it cancelled
    Pretty much. I would guess Marvel didn't care one way or the other if it failed, if Dazzler was all they offered Pak. She seems to have a small, outspoken cult following, but she hasn't had the power to carry a title since disco was in. More focus on Howlett earlier on might have helped. Using an adult version of Nightcrawler might have helped (if Claremont couldn't pull off turning an iconic character into a kid with "Little 'Ro", Pak sure as hell can't). Sage, like Dazzler, has a small, loud following, but probably not enough to boost sales brought in at such a late date. Even with a weak cast, the title might have done all right without the scattered and gimmicky story-telling. It's kind of like how people reacted to the circus mess recently in WatXM.

I expect Sage and Dazzler will show up on occasion in 616, same as before. I wouldn't mind seeing Howlett and Herc again, but I hope the other two disappear forever.

Celeste was Right! ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

I know! love!

Quote Originally Posted by Come To Deathstrike View Post
    Dazzler is apparently good enough for a times square billboard. (Immonen, K, 3013, JiM #648, New York: Marvel)
    ....what?! must see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundowhn View Post
    Pretty much. I would guess Marvel didn't care one way or the other if it failed, if Dazzler was all they offered Pak. She seems to have a small, outspoken cult following, but she hasn't had the power to carry a title since disco was in. More focus on Howlett earlier on might have helped. Using an adult version of Nightcrawler might have helped (if Claremont couldn't pull off turning an iconic character into a kid with "Little 'Ro", Pak sure as hell can't). Sage, like Dazzler, has a small, loud following, but probably not enough to boost sales brought in at such a late date. Even with a weak cast, the title might have done all right without the scattered and gimmicky story-telling. It's kind of like how people reacted to the circus mess recently in WatXM.

I expect Sage and Dazzler will show up on occasion in 616, same as before. I wouldn't mind seeing Howlett and Herc again, but I hope the other two disappear forever.
    get a clue sundowhn, Dazzler's comic book debuted after Disco had fallen and lasted nearly 50 issues in. And Sage is a gem, moreso than psychic butterfly or oh god, rogue...
    "Generation X was the one, pristine, x-team..."- darknessatnoon
    My X-Men Sketch Book

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    get a clue sundowhn, Dazzler's comic book debuted after Disco had fallen and lasted nearly 50 issues in. And Sage is a gem, moreso than psychic butterfly or oh god, rogue...
    You'll get no argument from me about Betsy or Rogue, that's for sure. I still think it's obvious Dazzler wasn't strong enough to carry a title. If she was, it wouldn't be cancelled. Part of it may have been because she was out of use for so long beforehand. Part of it was no doubt because it was a peripheral X-title.

Retired

Not much better. Where's Sammi Sweetheart's themesong?

( i luv sammi sweetheart)
    They bring her in for what she does best: the occasional eye roll.
    PAD's All-New, All-Different X-Factor: From The Beginning
    X-Poster of the Month & Year: (August) 2012 | March 2013
    Come to Deathstrike & .AČ: Mutant League Champions 2013

Quote Originally Posted by .AČ View Post
    They bring her in for what she does best: the occasional eye roll.
    Bitchface served fierce.

...repugnant? How can one be disrespectful to the woman who whored herself out to Roman Neckobah?
    She can't comeback from premeditated killing. Her character is quickly, irreparably ruined this way - moreso than by Roman. Besides, did she actually sleep with the mogol in-story? Either way, Hollywood will welcome back any fallen stars but I can't see her back on my Top 10 Babes List anytime soon. Make room for her Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookem Danno View Post
    She can't comeback from premeditated killing. Her character is quickly, irreparably ruined this way - moreso than by Roman. Besides, did she actually sleep with the mogol in-story? Either way, Hollywood will welcome back any fallen stars but I can't see her back on my Top 10 Babes List anytime soon. Make room for her Wanda.
    lol. what does that even mean?
    My X-Men Sketch Book

BANNED

Yes, Dazzler slept with Roman in-story, and changed his corset for him. Also, she slept with Pete Wisdom for a pink motorcycle.

yes, dazzler slept with roman in-story, and changed his corset for him. Also, she slept with pete wisdom for a pink motorcycle.
    oh no not sex!
    dazzler_emma frost_cyclops_angela_longshot
    red hood_harley quinn_deadshot_aresenal_deathstroke

Yes, Dazzler slept with Roman in-story, and changed his corset for him. Also, she slept with Pete Wisdom for a pink motorcycle.
    Pete Wisdom gave her the bike to make up for his shitty bed skills. Why else do you think he was trying to get into virgin Kitty Pryde's pants? she had no basis for comparison.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 01-31-2013 at 12:55 PM.
    My X-Men Sketch Book