Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird/Diamondback View Post
    It's probably out there, but I'm not really big on male blueberries. Too hairy.
    that is so gross

MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    Come on now, I like poking at S/D as much as the next person, but saying Arena is better than Academy is just a little too much. Implying that Arena is good at all is in fact, a little overboard.
    Truer words will not be found in this thread.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    that is so gross
    See? Female blueberries superior.

why is it that other good comics have come out recently yet this is the first one that people are seriously hyping through the roof after one issue going so far as to call it the best thing in years?
    Pull: ASM MS.M Punisher SS AT MLP: FIM MLP: FF ANGR ANU UFF Loki

https://www.facebook.com/UltimateFF2014 (Unofficial Ultimate FF Page)

Quote Originally Posted by The Animal Man View Post
    why is it that other good comics have come out recently yet this is the first one that people are seriously hyping through the roof after one issue going so far as to call it the best thing in years?
    I do think people jump the gun.
    Last edited by Joe Acro; 02-05-2013 at 09:22 AM.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I do think people jump the gun.
    Xavin is the skrull, right? The transgender one?

But as for the hype over this series: I, personally, think it lives up to it. I love these characters though.

I don't think it's a 'revolution' of any sort, but if you're into these characters to begin with then the book just feels 'right'. Billy is dealing with his issues (and his mom!!). Teddy is growing a pair and putting his foot down. Noh is back to being sexy and carefree. Kate is in control, despite out of control circumstances.

I know very little about Loki and America. Loki, I understand, is facinating. We'll see. America has hit all the right notes for me, as a new reader, so I'm already smitten with her.

It's not the 'greatest thing since sliced bread', no. It's just the best possible home for these characters. Better than any of us could have ever hoped even a few months ago. :D
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

I think the book is just cashing in on a combination of excitement over finaly seeing these characters again and excitement for the creative team.
    Even then, I think most of the overthetop praise is coming from that latter group.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Xavin is the skrull, right? The transgender one?

But as for the hype over this series: I, personally, think it lives up to it. I love these characters though.

I don't think it's a 'revolution' of any sort, but if you're into these characters to begin with then the book just feels 'right'. Billy is dealing with his issues (and his mom!!). Teddy is growing a pair and putting his foot down. Noh is back to being sexy and carefree. Kate is in control, despite out of control circumstances.

I know very little about Loki and America. Loki, I understand, is facinating. We'll see. America has hit all the right notes for me, as a new reader, so I'm already smitten with her.

It's not the 'greatest thing since sliced bread', no. It's just the best possible home for these characters. Better than any of us could have ever hoped even a few months ago. :D
    Yeah that is Xavin.

I don't like to judge after a single issue. The art certainly did but the story hmm will see.

True.

MAC, I worry about its very easy to head into stereotype direction with her.

True its the best possible home.

i believe Issue Two will be better(Hopefully)....and will focus more on Loki And America Chavez as opposed to Wiccan And Hulkling

BANNED

i believe Issue Two will be better(Hopefully)....and will focus more on Loki And America Chavez as opposed to Wiccan And Hulkling
    From the looks of things, it's more Wiccan and Hulkling.

At least it's not Kate Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    Teddy is growing a pair and putting his foot down.
    Eh.
    To me Teddy already 'had a pair'.
    The thing is, Teddy is a stong & silent type. And those don't speak up an awful lot.
    Personaly I find that part of his charm, but a lot of people seem to prefer characters complaining about everything.

I don't think a focus on Teddy and Billy is bad (I wouldn't, they're my favorite characters), but I'd like them portrayed less soap opera melodramatic and whiney than Gillen has done so far.

Nobody wants to read "Degrassi" The Comic Book
    besides how can you get people into the characters if you only focus on two?

Kate will be out of the picture until issue 4 from solicits. New character shows up in 5. Speed and somebody are stars in 6.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Eh.
    To me Teddy already 'had a pair'.
    The thing is, Teddy is a stong & silent type. And those don't speak up an awful lot.
    Personaly I find that part of his charm, but a lot of people seem to prefer characters complaining about everything.

I don't think a focus on Teddy and Billy is bad (I wouldn't, they're my favorite characters), but I'd like them portrayed less soap opera melodramatic and whiney than Gillen has done so far.
    Wow. Have you even read them before? At all? They're completely soap opera dramatic.

And Teddy has had made one confrontational comment to Billy. He would have been content to allow Billy to continue being the diva, but he was cornered. He was caught in the act of defiance, so he defended himself.

I don't see anything wrong with that exchange. At all. I was happy to see that while being graciously accomodating, he's not a doormat.

All is right in Billy and Teddy land. Well...except for the crazed skrull mom on the loose...but you understand what I mean. :p
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

Yeah this is like the first time Teddy stood up to Billy.