File Clerk of MI13 The Sword Is Drawn's Avatar

Default Where the hell is Captain Britain?

A serious question.

He was the major new face on Hickman's Ultimates.

In those early issues we learnt that the original Captain Britain, Brian Braddock, was in a coma. Seemingly dying from cancer, caused by the early suits his father had created for the EDI super-soldier program.

So in steps older brother Jamie, to take over his brother's mantle. He became a full member of The Ultimates, was featured heavily in preview art for the relaunch of the series, and even had a cover to himself. It was clear Hickman had plans here. He'd previously used Professor James Braddock and Brian in his Ultimate Thor mini. There was clearly something in the pipeline.

He and Spider-woman both got taken out by government agents, during The Children/The City arc, whilst off-duty. But since then?

Nothing.

He's not reappeared at all. Spider-woman has, but Captain Briain has vanished. He's not even been mentioned in Sam Humphries' run so far.

What a waste of a truly awesome character. Jamie's a crazy screwup in 616 continuity. Having him actually doing something with his life in the Ultimate Universe, and swapping places with Brian, is the kind of thing the Ultimate Universe does well.

I know that The Ultimates has become VERY American centric under Humphries, but I still think there should be a place for the guy. Kind of weird that he just... disappeared.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

A blog dedicated to the ongoing trials and tribulations
    of the British corner of the Marvel Universe.

Twitter: @theswordisdrawn

Humphries said on Reddit that he likes him but hasn't found a way to squeeze him in yet. I'm with you though. You're our resident Cap Britain lobbyist and my hero haha.
    Comics are more better.

That's like asking where Carmen Sandiego is... There is no real answer.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

Depending on what Humphries ends up doing with Infinity, if there is let's say a threat such as Thanos with the gauntlet like there was in the 616 "Infinity Gauntlet" mini, I think Britain could have a great place there in that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaInferno View Post
    Depending on what Humphries ends up doing with Infinity, if there is let's say a threat such as Thanos with the gauntlet like there was in the 616 "Infinity Gauntlet" mini, I think Britain could have a great place there in that fight.
    That would be a badass place to see the return of Cap. I'd love to have a nice heroic punch in the face to Thanos or w/e happens.
    Comics are more better.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaInferno View Post

He could come in handy. It's hard to say just how powerful he is, though.

616 Captain Britain is on a par strength wise with guys like The Hulk, at his peak. He went toe to toe with The Phoenix, and survived. But his powers are magic. Scientifically applied magic, sure. But magic nonetheless.

Ultimate CB has always been powered by the suit. Different evolutions of the tech are possible, and Jamie did go up against drunken Thor :), but we've not really had enough panel time to see what he can really do.
    It Came From Darkmoor...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    A serious question.

He was the major new face on Hickman's Ultimates.

In those early issues we learnt that the original Captain Britain, Brian Braddock, was in a coma. Seemingly dying from cancer, caused by the early suits his father had created for the EDI super-soldier program.

So in steps older brother Jamie, to take over his brother's mantle. He became a full member of The Ultimates, was featured heavily in preview art for the relaunch of the series, and even had a cover to himself. It was clear Hickman had plans here. He'd previously used Professor James Braddock and Brian in his Ultimate Thor mini. There was clearly something in the pipeline.

He and Spider-woman both got taken out by government agents, during The Children/The City arc, whilst off-duty. But since then?

Nothing.

He's not reappeared at all. Spider-woman has, but Captain Briain has vanished. He's not even been mentioned in Sam Humphries' run so far.

What a waste of a truly awesome character. Jamie's a crazy screwup in 616 continuity. Having him actually doing something with his life in the Ultimate Universe, and swapping places with Brian, is the kind of thing the Ultimate Universe does well.

I know that The Ultimates has become VERY American centric under Humphries, but I still think there should be a place for the guy. Kind of weird that he just... disappeared.
    Agreed. It seems as though when the first few issues of Humphries' run were being written, Humphries completely forgot about him and freed every Ultimates member under Director Flumm's custody, except for Captain Britain and She-Hulk. How could he forget about something as important as that?

Captain Britain - A character bursting with not only potential, but also untapped power, perhaps greater than the Hulk, or at least around that level. I guessing he's like a male version of Zarda, powerset wise. In #9, right after Spider-Woman and Captain Britain are captured, Flumm commands "Transport them to [/I]The Cube[/I]." and a SHIELD agent disagrees and says that Braddock's powerlevels lie beyond SHIELD calculable levels and that it might not be able to hold him, even though The Cube can quite easily withhold characters like Magneto and the Hulk. I believe Jamie Braddock was going to break free eventually and help reunite She-Hulk with The Hulk.

She-Hulk - We didn't even get to see her! This was an excellent developing plot thread that got just stopped inexplicably. Hulk's entire envolvment in the book was about freeing Betty from Flumm's custody. It was 'Hulk development' that was very much needed. And I hate how Humphries is so reluctant to care about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie_Jee View Post
    Agreed. It seems as though when the first few issues of Humphries' run were being written, Humphries completely forgot about him and freed every Ultimates member under Director Flumm's custody, except for Captain Britain and She-Hulk. How could he forget about something as important as that?

Captain Britain - A character bursting with not only potential, but also untapped power, perhaps greater than the Hulk, or at least around that level. I guessing he's like a male version of Zarda, powerset wise. In #9, right after Spider-Woman and Captain Britain are captured, Flumm commands "Transport them to [/I]The Cube[/I]." and a SHIELD agent disagrees and says that Braddock's powerlevels lie beyond SHIELD calculable levels and that it might not be able to hold him, even though The Cube can quite easily withhold characters like Magneto and the Hulk. I believe Jamie Braddock was going to break free eventually and help reunite She-Hulk with The Hulk.

She-Hulk - We didn't even get to see her! This was an excellent developing plot thread that got just stopped inexplicably. Hulk's entire envolvment in the book was about freeing Betty from Flumm's custody. It was 'Hulk development' that was very much needed. And I hate how Humphries is so reluctant to care about it.

I really want to know what Hickman had planned with both these two. If they were both taken to the same place it's possible they're still there. Very telling that they stated his power levels were that impressive.
    It Came From Darkmoor...