Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Reed Richards, Captain America, and Scarlet Witch are my Top 3 characters I be hatin'.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post

Emma was just 100 times better when she was scheming to dominate the world, abusing children, and killing horses.
    YES!

I hate alot of characters, but I don't "love to hate" them. I just wish they would go away and never return.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by The Sword Is Drawn View Post
    I think you forget though, that before she was an X-Man she was a supporting character on her Brother's books for the previous 10 years. People were attached to her.

Elizabeth Braddock isn't Asian. Culturally she has almost no connection whatsoever to Japan. She's a British woman, former model, former intelligence worker, who got swapped into that body. Neither ethnic group comes off well from that combination.

You have people who see her as white-washing Asian characters, and others who see the constant shallow aesthetic to be ignoring her British heritage. It offends people on both sides. You can't win.

A lot of people were offended certainly when she suddenly got shoved in that form and started dressing like Elektra. But at least in more recent times she's explored more of her ties to Captain Britain and her family, but even then the continuityand grasp of that was pretty bad.
    No I didn't forget and I actually agree with you. Not that she isn't an Asian character though, she might not have any connection to the Japanese culture just like I don't have any connection to Indian culture but at the end of the day my ethnicity is still Indian and hers is still Japanese. That's just how it is.

But again, I do agree with you that it was a white washing of an Asian character 100%. It was a shallow aesthetic. The fact is though, we are now here and going backwards would make it worse. Now you would want to upset another group of people who aren't familiar with the white version of Psylocke, that may have come in during the Capcom fighting game era and the 90's Lee/Claremont era. Now you would upset people who may attach their own pride in having a Asian character like Psylocke represent them, even if you feel that it would be foolish position to take.

It's not worth it. It's not worth having the same type of frustration that was inflicted on to you now transferred to someone else. The most important thing is that Psylocke herself has moved on and accepted her present identity. More importantly she has embraced it. There is no source of conflict for her to want to go back. You just have to accept that although she is came from a British origin, it's not all she is anymore.

Just read her with a British accent bro, that's what I do lol.
    Last edited by Voss; 01-31-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Reed Richards
    USAgent
    Thor

Forgot about Sentry
    Last edited by z1co80; 02-01-2013 at 06:12 AM.

I hate Reed Richards, but I don't love to hate him, it's just a thing. Comics Tony Stark on the other hand. I loooove to hate on him, particularly when people get their knickers in a twist at me over it.

Let's be realistic, most characters I love to hate I hate for reasons and also because it gets their fanbase riled.

I'm a terrible person, let's leave it at that.

I really really hate wolverine. Most of the avengers are boring as hell so there just to boring to hate.

Busy having an agenda.

Jessica Jones
    Sentry
    Blue Marvel

All pointless horrible characters. The first a needy shrew, the opposite of a strong woman,
    the other two horrible, uneeded ret-cons that take away rather than add to the Marvel verse.
    Busy having an agenda for daring to disagree with a chip on his shoulder bigot.

Senior Member I'm Not Daredevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stussyjones View Post
    I really really hate wolverine.
    I hate his stupid costume and the stupid way he talks.

There are many, but the Big 5 I hate the most are:

- Red Hulk, because of his Villain-Sue-Introduction and his pointlesness.

- Sentry, because he is such a lazy-written, embarassing, overpowered Creators Pet that hopefully never returns again.

- Wanda, because she is an unstable mess and a Karma Houdini.

- Wolverine, because he is the deffinition of Hypocrisy.

- Captain America, who should call himself Captain Fascist.

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    No I didn't forget and I actually agree with you. Not that she isn't an Asian character though, she might not have any connection to the Japanese culture just like I don't have any connection to Indian culture but at the end of the day my ethnicity is still Indian and hers is still Japanese. That's just how it is.

But again, I do agree with you that it was a white washing of an Asian character 100%. It was a shallow aesthetic. The fact is though, we are now here and going backwards would make it worse. Now you would want to upset another group of people who aren't familiar with the white version of Psylocke, that may have come in during the Capcom fighting game era and the 90's Lee/Claremont era. Now you would upset people who may attach their own pride in having a Asian character like Psylocke represent them, even if you feel that it would be foolish position to take.

It's not worth it. It's not worth having the same type of frustration that was inflicted on to you now transferred to someone else. The most important thing is that Psylocke herself has moved on and accepted her present identity. More importantly she has embraced it. There is no source of conflict for her to want to go back. You just have to accept that although she is came from a British origin, it's not all she is anymore.

Just read her with a British accent bro, that's what I do lol.
    Excellent post. It does always bug me how un-asian she's usually drawn. I also think that it was such a ridiculously complicated story revisiting and undoing it makes my brain collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Voss View Post
    Weird, I didn't know there were people out that the preferred pre Asian Psylocke. Personally, I enjoy her the way she is now. At this point it's more iconic and it's also unique. She's not just another white girl, being Asian makes her stand out more. Also there are barely any Asian characters as is, what's the point of taking away one of the few out there just to make them white again? The first body transfer was lame. A second one to make her white again would be even lamer.

Anyway on topic, characters I hate would include:

Gambit
    Cable
    Eddie Brock
    Carnage
    Emma Frost
    Greg Land
    "Yellow face" is not Asian. It is the comic book version of John Wayne playing Genghis Kan
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    "Yellow face" is not Asian. It is the comic book version of John Wayne playing Genghis Kan
    She didn't paint her face yellow. She is living in the body of an Asian woman. Calling her white is like me saying I'm black despite my outward appearance to the contrary. What are we not understanding here?
    Last edited by Voss; 02-01-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Wasp is probably the most annoying character in the Marvel U as far as I'm concerned. I don't get how she was ever Avengers leader. How... exactly? Socialite/fashion designer/ditz LEADS the friggin' Avengers. Yeeeeah. That's a believable character arc. So- pretty much her. The only time I ever could stand the character was the takes on her in Ultimates or EMH cartoon. Not bad. 616 Janet Van Dyne? Total waste.

You know i was going to make a list, but than i thought about it and i came to the conclusion that i don't hate characters but i do hate a majority of their fanbases.

Y'know, I can't really think of a character that I actually hate. At some point or another, every one of them has been an asshole in some form or another; I don't hold it against them.

Wanda had her "evil" phase. Tony and Steve have had their "fascist" phases. Cyclops is going through his "villain" phase. It will all even out, and some people will never forgive them. It's just part of comics.